Wanted Posters

Redd Oktober

Ahoy there, me hearties!

Like the good Captain Clegg (a.k.a Dr. Syn the Scarecrow), my daylight identity be that of a "mild"-mannered illustrator.

I was wondering if anyone out there would be interested in custom-made wanted posters? They would feature an "engraved" portrait of you in all yer piratical glory! Think of them being in the style of the old woodcut and print posters. Where would a nasty pirate be without some good press? It worked fer Henry Morgan...now he's got a rum empire to manage!

If I get enough replies...I'll be happy to produce a sample and let ye all decide.

-Redd B)

REDD.jpg

YARRR! The Oktober be silent now! Just call me "REDD!"

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye Redd, i be interested in obtaining a poster of me condemed hide.

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

Arr! By Neptune's Belly Button! Four ...nay...FIVE replies in just under a day! Tis be the kind o' news I like to be hearin'.

Alrighty then...I'll get to work on a sample...So keep yer eyes open. If anyone else is interested...please keep them replies comin'!

-Redd :P

REDD.jpg

Aye Redd, we be watching. When you do make them. Would you be needing a picture or other like image?

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

Aye indeed! When I be ready...and ye be as well...I'll be needin' a photo of ye at yer piratical best! Brandish them blunderbi! Swash them buckles! Set a knife in yer teeth! Don't be shy!

I should do the honorable thing and mention that...unfortunately....these posters won't be free. Part of the package, however, will be a one-of-a-kind, hand drawn portrait (not a scan and Photoshop filter). I'm thinkin' a full set would be the original portrait (suitable fer mounting and displaying in yer favorite cabin)..and ten posters fer immediate distrubution! But, the price will be certainly reasonable! Ye have Redd's word!

Please keep them opinions comin'!

-Redd

REDD.jpg

Aye lad, you do me proud. that be a grand idea. Perhaps ye can post what other services you might be able to do. I be always looking for piratical items. Ie stationary, cards or such. I always wanted a portarit done of me as a pirate. Like the ones you see around the boardroom in Donovan's Reef.

Scupper

Arrr! By the stiff legs of Stiffy Mc Stiff Stiff me pet Starfish!

Well...I have been known to do the odd bit o' stationary...t-shirt designs...book illustrations...etc. You name it...I've probably done it.

...except fer novelty bar napkins. I ask yer...what tickle-brained loggerhead in his right mind would be usin' bar napkins!?

My daylight job finds me at a video game developer in the San Francisco bay area as a conceptual artist. That's where me livelyhood comes about. Piracy just sort of fills in the odd debt now and then (wooden prosthetics...parchment fer me dea parrot's cage...etc.) Oddly enough...one of me old schoolmates was one of the concept artists on Pirates of the Caribbean.

I can do paintings...but prices on them are on a job to job basis.

REDD.jpg

Well me good pirate Redd. We need to parley sometime about ye services.

Scupper

LOL Mad Mary. While Redd be a handsome lad I not be THAT kind a pirate. All me favors go to the wenches. As for Redd, I'll let him bespeak himself on that subject.

:lol:

Scupper

Arrr! By the crooked teeth a' Thomas Tew! All this talk about me "services" is makin' me feel strange and fuzzy in certain places (like me nostrils). It's all makin' me flash back to that long winter in Singapore...*shudder*...Over there, a herringbone jacket means it's made o' tiny little fishies! :lol:

REDD.jpg

I would be interested myself. Actually a double. Myself and my shipmate Crossbones. We do a comedy swordfight and it would be a hoot. His hair is short now but here we be pictures. http://www.livelydjs.com/PHOTO/Sword/index.htm How many ducatts are we talking about?

--------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well preserved piece without an even a kiss your hand, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, smelling of powder, shouting ARRRG!!"

sig1.jpg

I'm currently workin' that out, mate. I need to determine how much time and materials each set will be costin'. Today...acutally...I be startin' on a Wanted Poster of ol' Redd, hisself!

Somethin' else ta be keepin' in mind is what yer favorite crimes be (what ye be wanted fer), so when ye request one ye can send me a list that suits yer persona!

-Redd

REDD.jpg

Arrr...The wait be over, sez I! Here be an example o' what the finished art can look like. Seein' as ol' Redd is an 18th century salt, the look be more like a steel etching. However, if ye be an older pyrate, I can make it look like a woodcut as well.

The writing can be anythin' ye be wanting.

Let me know what ye think!

(NOTE: The sample didn't quite work...scroll down to see it. Thanks and apologies.)

REDD.jpg