CNN and Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Iron Bess

Avast!!

Everyone should saunter over to the CNN website this morning. They are running a video about Talk Like a Pirate Day!!! Click on the picture of Jack Sparrow... Yo Ho!!

(and they said we'd never be main stream!!) :huh:

:huh:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

WOOHOOO!!!!!!!

Lucky's here in 'er office, wearin' her "Kiss me I'm a Pirate" shirt, her beat-up ol' pirate jacket hangin' off to the side...

It's a bit warm at the moment for me t' wear it, it is...

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

-the only thing more dangerous than her.. is her needle-

Ahoy Mates! Looks like there are more pirates getting an education these days. As I was swaggerin' toward the library here on campus at ASU, I noticed there was words scribbled on the stairs in multi-colored chalk. Words and phrases like "Talk like a Pirate Day" We are pirates. right?, Dread Pirate Roberts wuz here, Blimey, Arrrrrr, Remember Captain Hook? and What would Blackbeard do? I was quite happy to see that I wasn't only one celebratin' today as I strode about wearin' my Pirates of the Carribbean shirt (from the ride). Happy Talk like a Pirate day! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Fair winds and calm seas,

Captain Scarlett Hawkins

Captain of the Lusty Lady

Guest [BB] lkg

wow thats awsome cnn put yalls site up wow now thats cool. :) now hopfully they will spead the word that the way of the pirate is plundering ppl lol i stil cant belive it that cnn would do that and put yalls site up wow

FYI: It took me some clicking to find the link, but I found it here:

http://www.cnn.com/video/

Scroll down a bit an' point yer clickything on Cap'n Jack...

You'll need Real Player to view it...not sure what version....

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

-the only thing more dangerous than her.. is her needle-

Guest [BB] lkg

wow man so those guys started this lol "talk like a pirate day not commite piate fellonies" lol that was a funny :ph34r::huh::huh: . well look what has happend to the site its got a lot of pirates arrr de har har guys. and my hat goes off to those to guys who mad the site

Arrr! Even I be talkin' wit' da gravel ta-day, mates.

...And to think TLAP was started on a raquetball court. Thinking "what kind of pirates be these?" was I, but then I remember that curse-ed little ball. Beaned by a broadside once or twice meself, I was. Iffin thats what it takes, so be it.

Only by great risks can great results be achieved.

-Xerxes

Beaned by a broadside once or twice meself, I was. Iffin thats what it takes, so be it.

(chuckle) Well... I'll be sure ta tuck one inside me bodice next time thar be a gathering at Tam O'Shanters. B)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

lkg,Sep 19 2003, 04:59 PM] "talk like a pirate day not commite piate fellonies"

I've gotta tip me hat to that one. Cause ya know there'd be some dumb arses out there using it as an excuse. Kinda goes along with those people who are suing McDonalds because, It made them fat. Or the woman from years ago who sued some contraceptive company because she used the contraceptive jelly on her toast & she got pregnant. It pains me to know that there are people out there who are just this stupid.

~Mad Gracie~

Ah, TLAP is over... I'm back to the King's English.

I've gotta tip me hat to that one.  Cause ya know there'd be some dumb arses out there using it as an excuse... It pains me to know that there are people out there who are just this stupid.

Yes, my dear, it is a shame... yet these unfortunates you describe are as inevitable as mosquitos in a swamp. On the bright side, without candidates and nominees, we wouldn't be able to celebrate the "Darwin Awards."

Only by great risks can great results be achieved.

-Xerxes

Guest [BB] lkg

arrr gracie u be right some ppl are so stupid that they cant take resonsiblity for there actions its not mc donalds fault that u went in and BOUGHT being the key word a hamberger to me that freedom of choice and it was the persons fault not mcdonalds. aaarrr it makes me so made that ppl would do that just for stupid money. B)B)B)B)

Unfortunately I was unable to talk like a Pirate on the 19th, surviving the wreckage of Hurricane Isabel was more important. I did, prior to losing electricity for 4 days, read the top 10 pirate pick-up lines.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.