Random Topics

Patrick Hand

How do I descripe my wierd kitty..... I've been feeding a racoon.. and wierd kitty wants to play with the raccoon (racoons can kill a dog.... but this one is realy cool...))

Dang,,,, I don't know....... kittys get wierd that way ,........... dont they............

Yah... hears to the dumb kitty.....Yah... cyber kitty........................(and the little bastard would make a good Pyrate kitty)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tao of Steve. I did once own Pi the Movie, but I don't any longer. (I suspect it has almost nothing in common with either of the above movies, but The Tao of Steve reminds me of Pi the Movie for some reason.)

Well, at the very least you can watch a trailer.

A friend recommended Pi... I had it, but never got around it watching it.

:lol:

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

It was a pseudo-scientific movie about this guy finding the ultimate number that will unlock everything. (Kind of like my Brains, Chaos and Whatnot thread). It leaned on chaos theory and numerology a lot. These guys may or may not be chasing him to get this chip or something he stole if I remember it right. Also, he seemed to be going insane as the movie progressed.

It actually borrowed an awful lot factually from the early life-story of Mitchell Feigenbaum now that I think about it. (Having read about Feigenbaum since seeing the movie, that is.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Of the 12 pictures I took in Oz, four of them were of this (from Alice Springs):

Oz%20Skeleton%201sm.JPG

(The snake on the cow skull is real.)

Oh, I found the webcam on the net. This is Bojangles Saloon and they actually have a webcame near the skeleton's head. Keep in mind they're 14 hours behind EDT:

http://www.boslivesaloon.com.au/cam/default.htm

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

What do they have against Meatloaf ;)

I shrunk the picture down tiny, so you can't read it. But in the large version of the photo, it actually says:

"5.K.A.

In Loving Memory of Your Support

Meat Loaf Bat Out of Hell

Platinum

(Something I can't read)"

It's some sort of congratulatory promotional thing. Mr. Loaf has a weird sense of humor and this probably was an example of his kind of humor.

Mission_banner5.JPG

If seeing is believing, is believing seeing?

Depends on

a ) the level of your belief (I know people who believe in and have seen ghosts and UFOs. If that isn't proof that believing is seeing, I don't know what is.) and

b ) the level of your sanity (see above). ;)

I was thinking along the lines of, believing in something soooo much that it comes true. Now, how it goes about coming true, that's the real question. ;)

My Home on the Web

Is it within our power to create things externally to us through pure thought? Not without a little help, methinks. I do believe we draw things to us and push them from us, but it's not purely mental. The actions that proceed from pure thought - even small, nearly unconscious actions - produce the results we get.

Haven't you ever convinced yourself you were able to do something that you haven't been able to do previously? Powerful engine, our mind. (Plus it may run chaotically. ;) )

Mission_banner5.JPG

Is that what they're telling you at work? I wouldn't buy it. Maybe if you used Duct Tape...

Mission_banner5.JPG

Hahaha... no, but close. We've been warned for a few days now of an upcoming "Shelter in Place" drill. When the bombs start dropping, they want us to stay in our cubes because if we flee with city there will be a traffic nightmare (eh, on 9/11 I left when the first tower dropped, didn't see any traffic). So, I had to stretch things to the ridiculous. I went around to a bunch of people trying to sell my idea of plastic grocery stores bags. "There's a Giant right across the street. Sooner or later we're going to have to send people out on foraging expeditions. We'll use these!" I don't think much of management. Their idea of a way to make change for the better - rename things. ;)

The "grunts" in the trenches work really hard, and try to keep positive morale, while management works really hard to tear it down. Yin yang. ;)

My Home on the Web

So, I had to stretch things to the ridiculous.

Pun intended?

Mission_banner5.JPG

Yesterday, some enterprising friends of mine came up with a really novel way to get drunk on the Saturday before Halloween. They held a haunted wine tasting for about a dozen of their nearest and dearest. It was great fun. On the menu:

Dark Cellars - Cabernet Sauvignon

Vampire - Merlot (from Transylvania)

Witches Brew - Spiced Wine (served heated)

7 Deadly Zins - Zinfandel (oh, that pun is painful)

Ravenswood - Zinfandel

Ravenswood - Cabernet Sauvignon

Mad Dog - Shiraz (not that MD)

Black Oak - Sauvignon Blanc

Monkey Bay - Sauvignon Blanc

Toad Hollow - Chardonnay

Mission_banner5.JPG

I had a really weird dream just before waking. It was a lengthy dream, very surreal, and at the very end of the dream I was holding a music box that waa playing a song. The words were:

Ivory tea, Ivory tea,

Set some down for you and me...

I think it was supposed to be an old nursery rhyme. But if it was, I don't recall ever having heard it.

My Home on the Web

Not anything that I know of... it was haunting me for a few hours after I woke, that for sure. You know that kind of dream, it was the kind of dream like... when you dream about getting something cool for Xmas, and then you wake to find it was only a dream.

Nope Charity, I've got two, and while I think it would be cool to have one or two or three more, the economics of it just don't work.

My Home on the Web

Or how about recurring dreamscapes... buildings or places that don't exist except in your dreams. I have a few of those. There's this one house that shows up alot. On one corner there is a large turret/tower with a spiral staircase inside. At every level around the staircase there is a window seat decorated with red velvet. At the top of the staircase there is a hidden passage.

My Home on the Web

Or how about recurring dreamscapes... buildings or places that don't exist except in your dreams. I have a few of those. There's this one house that shows up alot. On one corner there is a large turret/tower with a spiral staircase inside. At every level around the staircase there is a window seat decorated with red velvet. At the top of the staircase there is a hidden passage.

You only think they don't exist. Ever dream of places and then go to them in reality? Now that is bizarre! I've done that a few times, it's so freaky! I'll be looking around and saying how I've been there before, even tho it was the first time. I was there alright, but in a dream.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Yeah - I have clairvoiant dreams as well (had a dream about the Apollo One disaster three weeks before it happened.)

Do any of you have dreams about your old homes or places you used to work and although you know that you're in that place, it looks a lot different? That happens to me a lot.

And although I haven't had dreams where I've put money in my pocket, I've had dreams where I've found lots of coins in an unusual place and gathered them up.

RHJMap.jpg