Costume Pictures

Christine

If I was a moderator in this particular forum I'd tell everyone to place nice...

instead, I'll post another pic!!!

ROMAN001.JPG

Sorry to barge in, but may I just...

Woo! Man legs!

*ahem*

Great costumes folks. If we're going all out with various costumes, I need to dig up my Queen Nefertiri pic. Man was that dress hard to walk in. *grins*

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh... but I hate to see a fine thread get abandoned... and with thousands (hundreds? tens?) of people on this forum, some others must have some decent costume pics!!!

See, the problem is you've awed us all with such a prodigious plethora of varied costume pics! We just cannot compete.

Compete? It's not a competition. It's about the joys of costuming. Or looking like a fool, depending on your point of view. :D

I enjoy seeing what other people do for fun, and since most of mine are grounded in reality, I especially enjoy seeing fanciful costumes. I've seen some wonderful pics here, and I suspect there are many more.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

I was combing through my albums for some pictures of me... and have lots of other people but very few of myself. Maybe I should get together with some of my old mates and have a picture exchange (I am assuming that they were taking photos of me while I was taking photos of them!)

Anywhoo....

My foray into Ancient Scotts

Scott-1.jpg

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

Compete? It's not a competition. It's about the joys of costuming. Or looking like a fool, depending on your point of view. <_<

In my case, I vote for fool. <_<

Jonathan's costumes are very cool. I particularly like the first one.

_____

"Jefe, would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?"

"Yes, El Guapo. You have a plethora."

"Jefe, what is a plethora?"

"Why, El Guapo?"

"Because you told me I have a plethora."

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

I was combing through my albums for some pictures of me... and have lots of other people but very few of myself.

Same here. For every one of me, I probably have five of my friends.

Wow, lots more neat pics!!! Keep 'em coming!!! :D

While I like the top one of Jonathan (he's looking like Erol Flynn there), I prefer the "Full Metal Armor" look of the bottom one.

My Home on the Web

I don't have any pictures of current costumes I've worn, as I really haven't gotten into costume for a while. A few years back though, I did don this uncomfortable little number on Halloween:

QueenCleo2.jpg

This year, I hope to finish up my pirate costume before Halloween so's I can wear it to various functions.

Very cool outfits GoF. The 2nd picture looks to be spanning several decades in stylish, yet functional adventure wear. :D

Back to the costumes - do any of you have outfits that are on your "to do" or "wish" list for the future? I'd like to put a Gryffindor costume together (with a little help from Alivans.com), along with any female costume from SW. The storm trooper outfits look so neat, but I'm sure I'd end up claustrophobic in one.

Back to the costumes - do any of you have outfits that are on your "to do" or "wish" list for the future?

I'd like to make a banyan, and go to events as the Dread Pyrate Hefner. You think I'm joking, don't you? I'm totally serious.

:)

I've also thought it would be fun to do something Pulp, or Cthulhu-esque, or Victorian.

"A posh, posh travelling life, a travelling life for me..."

Btw, cool Nefertiri costume.

My Home on the Web

Joking? To the contrary, my good sir...

One year for Hallowe'en, I wore a white robe and sandals, cut the center out of a Boboli Pizza crust, placed it atop my head, and brought three 16-penny nails.

I went as "Cheesus Crust".

I entered the party, threw the nails on the bar and said "Can you put me up for the night?"

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

Black John...

An old re-enacting buddy is into the Victorian English Big Game Hunter Gig... He has a whole camp set up and everything. I must admit it is pretty freakin cool...

Anywhoo...

We caught one of those "wind talkers" at a WW2 event.

Timeline-1.jpg

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

Nice threads guys.

Hah, costumes I want to make (or am half way through making):

US Navy lieutenant uniform 1812

Victorian merchant seaman

Victorian/Edwardian gamekeeper

15thC seaman

GAoP Marine officer

and the one I'm currently working on:

Barbary pirate (17thC) :wub:

Don't even start me on the non-reenactment costumes I'm working on! (though funnily enough, one of them is that of a Victorian big game hunter for a Murder Mystery evening I'm writing)

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

I want to do a blue thing for Haunted House like Rogue Mermaid did. (Not for me, for one of the workers. It would look bloody horrible on me. :wub: )

Rogue Mermaid? Could you please tell me what you used to make your skin (not your face) that blue/purple? Pretty please?

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Wow... is sniperivan that famous?

Acutally its my wife (not sniperivan). That was her first re-enactment (the only other one was doing 15th Century on the Grounds of Warwick castle in the UK!)

The Free French event was possibly the best of my WW2 re-enacting career. Our Band of Resistance fighter (only 4 of us) Kept all the Axis forces (about 50) busy the whole weekend.

A visit from Il Duce'

Duce.jpg