Costume Pictures

Christine

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

landesknecht.jpg

In my 16th century landsknecht gear (in English service) - the photo doesn't do the codpiece justice, I can balance a pint on it.

VictGent.jpg

In my morning suit

sickworld.jpg

The rejected cover of my CD, "The Sick World of..."

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

You folks look great!!!

Ok, me as a kid... with some friends marching off to war against William the Conqueror.

Senlac Hill, here we come! Ut! Ut!

markland01.jpg

"All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?"

ROMAN02.JPG

I put a hole in cowboy Bob "this big."

oldwest01.jpg

RevWar hats provide no shade!

revwar001.jpg

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Hey John, I bet the Indian (oops, Native American) was wishing she hadn't taken that bet on in the first place wasn't she?

Battle of Hastings next year, woohoo! Senlac Hill here we come... best get the rust off me daneaxe, wouldn't want any Normans to get tetanus...

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

Battle of Hastings next year, woohoo! Senlac Hill here we come... best get the rust off me daneaxe, wouldn't want any Normans to get tetanus...

All I can say is, it's a good thing I don't live in England. With so much history, I wouldn't know what to do!

My Home on the Web

Most of my real costuming pics are photos, and since I don't have a scanner, you won't get to see me in a blue shirt with Vulcan ears!!! :lol:

We'll just imagine it instead...

I know what you mean about history in England, I have a lot of difficulty restricting myself. I've now got half-decent kit for most periods between about 150BC and 1945, but I hardly ever use it except for the odd event. Take my 1066 gear: helmet, seax, daneaxe, shield, spear, tunic decorated with hand made inkle braid, hand made shoes... and I last used it in 2000 for...the Battle of Hastings! My trouble is that someone says "Hey Ed, there's a great event coming up at..." and I'm too weak to resist!

Foxe

ETFox.co.uk

Wow is that cool! Did you use body make-up or is that some kind of body stocking? That coloring would be perfect for a Haunted House room I'm planning...

Speaking of which:

Mute (my insane mute mailman line worker):

mute_side_small.jpg

mute_full_small.jpg

My poetry haunt (poetry is only remotely interesting to me when it's stupid...and boy was this stupid ;) )

poetryhaunt_small.jpg

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Dude...thats scary!......

here's me first act o' piracy at the IFOS..portsmouth.....this was the ship I lightened of thier 'gaffer tape'....(duct tape t' those naught of these waters...)

When me sheath broke on me cutlass......this ship gave me repair...hurr hurr......frenchys...eh!!.........they'll do anything fer a photo wi' a pirate..

Warshipatportsmouthifos.jpg

Cap'n o' the JADES RISC'S @ anchorage at the port o' Cardiff, Wales, Uk.

Piratesig1.jpg

Isn't that a requirement for posting on this site?

;)

(This emoticon needs a howling emoticon to go with it. Doesn't it look like a dog panting to you?)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Guest NEGRO PIRATE
you are all out of your minds.  ;)

Hmmm.......that kind of attitude and comment reminds me of someone else who was banned from here. :ph34r:

stop accusing me of somebody i am not!!! i just think your all trying to get rid of the black pirate :ph34r:

You folks have been watching too many episodes of CSI...

Do you believe in the grassy knoll conspiracy too?

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Eh... but I hate to see a fine thread get abandoned... and with thousands (hundreds? tens?) of people on this forum, some others must have some decent costume pics!!!

Here's another of me, not decent at all!

clon84.jpg

The Battle of Clontarf, 1014.

I'm in the very back, in the middle. I got to hold the "magical" standard, so I got to die.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Clontarf

My Home on the Web

I got to hold the "magical" standard, so I got to die.

:lol:

Mission_banner5.JPG