You in yar garb.

Pirate Petee

Not really GAOP but..... Here is my 1660 - 1680ish kit inspired from a 1666 French Grenadier's kit. Made by Will Nash at Liam's Custom CLothing. 189615_183974988310256_150735534967535_394717_1144025_n.jpg

Ohhh ~ Where is the 'Like' Button!

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May not be Golden Age but it'd surely work for the buccaneering era...hey, wanna go sack Panama?

Not really GAOP but..... Here is my 1660 - 1680ish kit inspired from a 1666 French Grenadier's kit. Made by Will Nash at Liam's Custom CLothing. 189615_183974988310256_150735534967535_394717_1144025_n.jpg

Damn, thats sharp!

I have 2 hat blanks at home, one brown, one black....and I have the brown one earmarked for a new cocked hat....any tips?

Do you have a few pics of the blanks? I just let myself go and see what comes of it. Sometimes the crew and cast joke about not letting me near their hats considering all the things I have done with mine.

The only advice I would give to anyone using felt blanks would be:

When you stitch any part 'up' or 'to' and it may put some tug or pull on it, put a piece of stiff fabric inside so that the stitch has less of a 'bite' or wear on it and shorten the lifespan.

OH! And - If it gets wet, don't crush it or anything. Felt develops a memory when wet.

Charity Ann Rackham

Captain of the Jade Dragon

Admiral of the Rackham Fleet

British Columbia, Canada

FaceBook (Christina Carr AKA Charity Ann Rackham - as well as a Jade Dragon Pirates page)

Myspace (carrhunger is the personal one and Jadedragonpirates is the other)

BCRF page is: http://www.bcrenfest.com

Jade Dragon: http://www.jadedragonpirates.com

May our ships pass peacefully in the night. Note I say nothing of the day.

JDpyracy150.jpg

Nice!! I especially like the hat!!!

Can you (or anyone!)talk my wife into getting into history or pirating??

Well.. Does she already like something that can have a historical or pirate twist to it?

OR...

There's this Netflix ad where this hot guy with a foreign accent is in a cell and... The 'today' woman comes up to him and says "Hello there. Sooo... it's girls night, so we gotta go. Oh wait, you have a strip scene right". He starts to talk but she cuts him off saying "no no no, don't speak, show" At the end you see her and her friends rewinding the video to watch him walk out of water, over and over.. Glistening in the sun....

The key lines to this is when she not only when she calls him a 'biscuit' but also when she sighed "This could turn me into a history buff." Find it. Get a copy of it. Play it over and over again.

;)

Key thing to do is to show her that you have just as much interest in what she does and find ways to combine it all.

Good luck and plenty of fun.

Charity Ann Rackham

Captain of the Jade Dragon

Admiral of the Rackham Fleet

British Columbia, Canada

FaceBook (Christina Carr AKA Charity Ann Rackham - as well as a Jade Dragon Pirates page)

Myspace (carrhunger is the personal one and Jadedragonpirates is the other)

BCRF page is: http://www.bcrenfest.com

Jade Dragon: http://www.jadedragonpirates.com

May our ships pass peacefully in the night. Note I say nothing of the day.

JDpyracy150.jpg

You should go to a mountain man rendezvous... 1740 to 1812. It's a blast

HeeHee! You don't know me very well.... I statrted doin' this crazy dress-up stuff in 1988 in the fur-trade "mountiany-man" ron-dyvOOOOoooooo hey-days.

Still my favorite events to attend, that's where all the really fun farbs gather for just being together and things are pretty lax for period garb. Don't get me wrong, I likes to do the more period stuff and have almost as much fun, but the rondyvoos are usually not as "public minded" and more often on private property after hours if you know what I mean. :D;)

Bo

Capt. Bo of the WTF co. Your one in an outstanding crowd at the Pyracy Pub., another great kit for sure ., Awesome sir. Awesome indeed. He do look the part dont he Liam .

Edited by HarborMaster

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

...as promised, more Ozarks scenery:

bo-hunter008.jpg

bo-hunter013.jpg

bo-hunter012.jpg

Nana has something cornered in the shelter, probably a rat.

We all had a good hike after dinner at the High School I am student teaching at. The sophomores held a fundraising dinner for their junior prom next year, so I bought tickets for everyone and when we got home.... EXCERCISE TIME!!!

Bo

Not much when Nana gets done playin with 'em. ;)

She keeps the barn and tool shed free of vermin for me. Rats are her second favorite toy. Rabbits are first, but she's gettin older and harder for her to keep up with 'em.

Next week, we are going to rig the horses out if the weather holds-out fair. Jenn is gonna do her cowgirls stuff, and I'm going to do colonial. I hope to get some more photos up of that.

Bo

...as promised, more Ozarks scenery:

bo-hunter008.jpg

bo-hunter013.jpg

bo-hunter012.jpg

Nana has something cornered in the shelter, probably a rat.

We all had a good hike after dinner at the High School I am student teaching at. The sophomores held a fundraising dinner for their junior prom next year, so I bought tickets for everyone and when we got home.... EXCERCISE TIME!!!

Bo

Nice rig Bo....Is that a Northwest trade gun yer packin'? Liam's right we do have a great period correct Rondy called Hart Canyon in April. We have Longhunters, pirates, Rangers and a complete period Colonial with a Hot Toddy Cart. We do have our various levels of experience participants, bust mostly they are all well seasoned and period correct....Just can't get em' to allow my cannons yet...Again nice rig...

galleon_25235_th1.gif Iron Hand's Plunder Purveyor of Quality Goodes of questionable origins

That's an English type pattern trade gunne, but stocked in American walnut, short barreled (32"). My old pards and I shared talents and built it from parts and scratch back in 1992. I did the iron work for the butt-plate and trigger guard, and all the browning on those, another feller did the wood-letting, and another did the final fit. I bought it off the guy that originally wanted it built when he decided not to play any more. I've replaced the lock and added the sling,my best friends wife does inkle weaving on a floor loom.

Anyhow, I'll hopefully get to go to the CoHT gathering at Fort Osage in April here, and there's a small rondyvoo south of me on the Little Niangua River that is a nice site and laid-back primitive pre-1840 event with a shoot. That's in April too. I hope to get out some this year, haven't felt much like it the last couple years.

Bo

Good stuff, guys. Impressive.

Moose... your outfits rocks beyond compare, mate. Dude! :: worships::

:: cringes:: Ugh, don't remind me of the Recluse. :: Shivers and cringes:: I've been bit by them twice and both were a hellish "on the verge of death" experience.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some "clean" pirate pics of me at PIP by Poppa.

Image18-5%20%28Star%20Flash%29.JPG

The more I look at this photo with the halo and cherubic face, it should be titled: St. Matthew of the Sea.

Jas. Hook ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

Cool Pic!

F104D90DSC_9829%20RESAMPLED.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."