You in yar garb.

Pirate Petee

Amen to that Wes.

The ship's younker on Cap'n Morris' right hand, the one ready to draw a cutlass, looks like he has a bit o' the Old Nick in him. ;)

Jas. Hook ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The start of my new Garb. Gotta work on it I know but it's better than my avitar picture. Cant figure how to make the picture show up without the link????

Waaaaaa... get rid o' ye walkin' stick an grabs ye shovel, we be in search o' some loot.

Lookin' good Pegleg! ;)

Jas. Hook ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

Here's somethin' ya don't see everyday:

bomwing001.jpg

My wife snuck around the corner of my workshop and got me. This was yesterday after returning my failed turkey hunt. I got rain, high winds, lightning, and hail while I was in the woods. I sprinted for the truck and got there just before it got really bad. My flinter went off even though it had gotten pretty wet on the way. I emptied into a stump near the truck. Anyhow, after a couple of hours it cleared up enough and the wind blew the grass dry enough that we could mow. Didn't have much better luck today, it rained allmost through the entire shooting hours, and has been rainingpretty much since sunset tonight. I hope to get out in my primitives in the morning and flintlock me a turkey bird!

Bo

Indentured servants at their best. :rolleyes:

<giggle>

To be more pc you'd need a two goat mower. ;)

Jas. Hook ;)

Bo,

I hear ya on the rain mate. All that bleedin' sogginess ruined me an' my lady's plans fer a trip ta the lake this weekend. I'm jes' hopin' it all clears up before our local Faire starts this coming Saturday.

An' is it still spring turkey season cross the border there? We only got a week left here.

Also, a quick question. Do ye always go huntin' in garb? (Honestly looks like an enjoyable way to add some "authentic 'wear an' tear'" to yer kit)

Edited by CaptainB

"If I believed in fate, I wouldn't be playing with loaded dice..."

I try to always go in some kind of period garb, whether it is colonial or more toward the 1850's. Spring Turkey season is best because we don't have to wear blaze orange so it doesnnt look as funky!I just got back from getting soaked all morning. Started raining about 7:00 a.m. after I had been there since before daylight. I stuck it out until I was soaked clear through my shotjacket. I did have four deer come within 50 yards of me on the edge of a big field while I was watching the only gobbler I've seen this season. He was a quarter mile across the plain and wouldn't acknowledge the calls at all. I did the three-mile tour below and then atop the bluff, but by the time I got back to the truck the rain had picked up pretty good, and my priming got wet so I had to clean out the pan and re-prime but it did go off. As if all this isn't bad enough, as I am driving up the road to my house, there under our east bedroom window is a fat hen turkey foraging in the yard!!! :rolleyes: As I pull in the driveway she makes a quick exit around behind the chicken pen. I will be watching out the windows the rest of the day! ;)

Jas. Hook- we have a three horse mower with a donkey attachment, but they are too picky about where and what they eat! ;)

Bo

Alright I think I will post a very brief set of pictures of my attire. But I think I will first do something kinda fun. I am going to post my first pirate costume that was the tip of the iceberg that got me into pirate enthusiasm. Mind you I always loved pirates but this costume started me living pirate.

n121203011_30318070_7386.jpg

After that I began to modify it after the image of Sparrow.

DSCN0322.jpg

arg004.jpg

After getting tired of the Jack Sparrow comments I began to forge my own persona, James Smythe and have been breaking free of Jack elements. Before too much criticism comes my way for it still looking a lot like Jack these steps are small. But the basic idea is I am keeping what I like and changing out what I do not. The long coat is only good in winter. I like bucket boots so I upgraded them. I have two tricornes now. One desidely ship worthy and one that is not weather protected but looks really nice. The trews became green canvas. I made a belt and belt bag. Right now my bandana is a spare blue scrap (amazing how a different bandana stops the Jack references) until the hand dyed green one is done. I wear a piece of eight around my neck (off the Atocha wreck). I should in a few weeks be getting a package with a cartridge box and a few more things. I also have a ship's candle lantern coming in.

208843_10150204578256763_705276762_8240539_2853341_n.jpg

And for those that might want to see a different side.... these are my pyrate trews in a different setting.

196569_549466748283_121201080_31827523_5428274_n.jpg

smythesig-2.jpg

I like the last photo the best!

Aye, Silkie! An if we be grabbin' him right quickly like, surely we be haulin' in a crock o' gold coins. :D

Jas. Hook ;)

A good red beard and a fun transition of photos. I love seeing an evolution into piracy.

...Or leprechaun..acy.....ahem...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

The last photo was of a contest I enter at St. Pat's. Out of the six years I have entered I won five times. I plan on making a new vest and maybe a new long coat but I haven't found a material that speaks to me.

James -

Check out this site you might find a tailcoat n' a topper to complete your outfit.

Jas. Hook :D

www.gentlemansemporium.com

• 2 weeks later...

pirateme.jpg

Another image redone to look like a painting thought it turned out really well ??

Edited by Lucas Welsh

"The biggest troublemaker you'll probably ever have to deal with watches you shave his face in the mirror every morning."

Aye, that it does.

Neat photoshop work with the ship/dock in the background. :D

Jas. Hook ;)

Halo, what halo? I could not get past that great looking cutlass. Now that is a cutlass blade.

Morgan

Here are some "clean" pirate pics of me at PIP by Poppa.

Image18-5%20%28Star%20Flash%29.JPG

The more I look at this photo with the halo and cherubic face, it should be titled: St. Matthew of the Sea.

Jas. Hook ;)

This be on the Treasure Seeker... A new Pirate ship in San Diego Bay.. We will be putting on Shows Beginning May 21st > Mister Mac Is the mighty lad next to me...

Treasureseeker6.jpg

Edited by oderlesseye

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."