You in yar garb.

Pirate Petee

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe... well, once she starts posting, she'll be addicted like th' rest of us!  :lol:

But, aye, pass yo'r compliments on to her. Tis a fine outfit.

~Lady B

:lol:

Thank ye! Glad you like the waistcoat. Buttons are the bane of my existance, so that danmed thing was a trial!!

Sea-Witch

Sea-Witch

when the going gets tough, the tough get a belayin pin

If it was a trial, that damned thing turned out incredibly nice! M' compliments, Sea Witch. B)

::looks at Perkeo cautiously::: Do I have t' ensure that ye, too, won't be diving into m' spirits? Would hate t' slice off yo'r hand like I did with Pete Straw after he drank m' rum!

:::Runs to look at Perkeo's profile; curious what that drinking story be:::

Yes, Matt... ye be right. Practically every pic of Perkeo... he's drinking! LOL...

~Lady B

B)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

::looks at Perkeo cautiously::: Do I have t' ensure that ye, too, won't be diving into m' spirits? Would hate t' slice off yo'r hand like I did with Pete Straw after he drank m' rum!

:::Runs to look at Perkeo's profile; curious what that drinking story be:::

Yes, Matt... ye be right. Practically every pic of Perkeo... he's drinking! LOL...

~Lady B

:ph34r:

Have you not heard the meaning of me flag?

You know the one over there below me name.

<-------

It's two skeletons toasting each other with alcohol with an hour glass between them.

skeletons= death toasting death

hour glass= time running out

Translation: Time is running out I've come to kill your alcohol!

:ph34r::P:ph34r::P

very nice pics of your garb, Perkeo, and Mad Jack and all.. bravo!

Wishing I had more time for sewing. The last dress I made was velvet and taffeta and a royal pain! I didnt want to take on another like that.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Saltypots attends her first event in full FEMALE KIT!!! :lol:B);)

gretchensfirst.jpg

she looked very nice with her cap and straw hat and period shoes on but after 8 hours of checking out the sutlers at Fort Frederick this past weekend she had changed into some comfy sandals and took her hat off

Aye! I LOVE th' bedgown! That's somethin' fancy! Even if it is plain... it's a very nice one. Don't see many nice bedgowns out there.

~Lady B

:ph34r:

Sherry at Quartermaster General made the outfit ....the jumps lace front and back and are reversible I had two petticoats made up in both fabrics and a couple of linen chemises and silk stockings ....those jumps will expand and contract as the needs be and the rest of the kit is all well made with hand stitching where visible and machine stitching for the rest .....and fugawee shoes with ribbon ties ....a day cap and a straw bonnet for head gear ....she's set for whatever comes our way ....she got many compliments on her kit all weekend long figured it was about tyme to get her out of the boy's kit and let her promenade in fyne style.

Here be a few pictures o' me and some of my crew at Beltane. :huh:

Crew2.jpg

Group shot of most of the on-site Crew

Captain_Mac_S08.jpgDuncan_KidnappedSheep1.jpg

A picture o' me'self, and then o' me having absconded with the Lord High Admiral of the Ansteorran Royal Navy's sheep :huh:

Camp1.jpg

A shot of our camp

PirateProposal1.jpg

My First Mate Proposin' to our Quartermaster(With Pirate music blaring in the background) :lol:

:o

Captain_Sigart.jpg

Captain of the Iron Lotus

It is the angle that holds the rope, not the size of the hole.

It been a while since I posted any thing new here. Therefore, I decided to post the gown I wore at RF4 in Arlington Heights, IL - Chicago this past February.

In my hurry to take said photos, I realized that I am lacking my shift. Darn, don't know where I put it, either. Perhaps I left it 'somewhere' :(

My compliments to Captain John Sterling for his wonderful work on my beautiful gown.

2467317845_676507b18c_m.jpg

The ball gown is made of purple silk taffeta with ice blue dupioni silk, trimmed with linen lace of white and silver braid and ice blue gems.

Next...my attempt with hair and make-up of the time period

2467317859_d355c02a01_m.jpg

"Beauty patches": star-, crescent-, moon-, and heart-shaped silk or velvet patches worn as comouflage, sometimes a dozen at a time, by women (to cover scars let behind by acne or the pox).

The patches (*mouches) have been used as a form of silent signal, The one near my mouth states that I am willing to flirt and the at the corner of my eye means passion or a Mistress.

The hair was a bit tricky, I used a hair rat to give the lift I needed for my brangs and in the front to support the slight tilt of the Fontage/Commode.

I did use several hair pieces to add volume and to achieve the over-all look of the style.

The pale white face was achieved with 'Geisha White' foundation and translucent rice powder.

And for the final touch, 'Tulip' cut lips of red - giving the mouth a smaller more delicate look.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Bravo, my dear. You look grand, as always!!

It is time to pause, even so early, for this account is not intended to be about my life...but is, as I have said, about my life's secrets. Secrecy is intrinsic to my work. ~ Christopher Priest

“Five and Twenty Ponies, Trotting thru’ the Dark.

Brandy for the Parson, 'Baccy for the Clerk. Laces for a Lady, Letters for a Spy.Watch the wall my darling; While the Gentlemen go by.”~Rudyard Kipling

ClaudeDuval.jpg

Where is the patch that states "X" marks the spot? Or nibble here? :rolleyes:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Absolutely stunning and gorgeous, Cheeky! Ye've left me in awe and envious! :)

Fantastic acheivement, m'dear. Not easy to get to that point of period fashion but ye did it with flying colors! LOVE the hair style... looks great! And the face paint... wonderful! And Sterling's gown... stunning.

Again, my compliments with a standing ovation for the lovely and talented Actress. :lol:

Bravo!

~Lady B

B)

Absolutely stunning and gorgeous, Cheeky! Ye've left me in awe and envious! :)

Fantastic acheivement, m'dear. Not easy to get to that point of period fashion but ye did it with flying colors! LOVE the hair style... looks great! And the face paint... wonderful! And Sterling's gown... stunning.

Again, my compliments with a standing ovation for the lovely and talented Actress. ;)

Bravo!

~Lady B

B)

Gorgeous is right!

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

Cheeky.  What sorts of women would use such marks and on what sorts of occasion?

Well... B) funny you should ask Silkie...and thank you Rumba Rue (I wouldn't tell a soul!)...

The real reason behind these items did have a purpose.

These patches or "recleuses" were frequently applied to the face and body to cover smallpox scars, acne and similar marks.

The patch grew in popularity over the course of the 17th century and into the 18th century.

What 'Type' of women? Well, any women who considered herself 'fashionable' I suppose. Those who would be the 'in crowd' - Royal Court culture and the like...the don't forget...one would 'ape' one's betters!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Depends on what level of fancy...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/