Pyrates of the West Coast

AYE....

Here be m' sea pistol then...

An' I some'ow fergot M' halfpike...

Don' be given me tha' look...

So I's got me own Ha'pike...

Took me many a month ta get this jest as I likes it...

'ere ye be Master 't arms... make sure ta keep th' rust off'n it, an' sharp too...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone knows that a good morale officer needs to have her whip within reach at all tymes! If'n it be acceptable tas ye, I would like ta keeps me leathers wit me, but I be glad ta be turnin over two pistols, two cutlasses, one knife and oh, yes - this bodice dube I was keepin' in a warm place :lol:

**From below in a hired waterman, a small lithe figure lays a hand to the great vessel's side and calls upward**

Ahoy, the ship! I am to speak with someone of rank in regard to service.

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

(tips hat)

Master Diego. I have begun a list of personal arms to be kept aboard this ship. I would like to record the personal knives of every member on the list, but not keep the knives themselves in the stores.

(presents list so far)

A list of the arms aboard the goodly ship Watch Dog, comprising all of the armaments recorded by William Brand, Master-at-Arms.

Capitan William

Ships Master Diego Santana de la Vega

3 pistols

1 deck scatterer/crowd clearer

3 knives

1 cutlass

1 Scotish claymore

1 boarding axe.

First officer

Dorian Lasseter, Quartermaster

2 Cutlasses, one heavy, one light

1 papinhiemer hilted rapier

1 side ring dagger

2 dragoon pistols

1 Brown Bess Rifle

1 Sea Service Pistol

1 Halfpike

1 knife

Jacob Badger, Bosun

Pirate Petee, Master gunner

3 pistols

1 blunderbuus

2 cutlesses

1 rapier

William "Red Wake" Brand, Master-at-arms

1 cutlass

1 screw barrel flintlock

1 center firing, flintlock (short)

1 English doglock pistol

1 Potzdam pistol

2 Jacobeans

1 Dutch Wheellock

1 French Marine musket

1 Doglock blunderbuss

3 knives fixed

1 folding knife

1 harpoon

Warrior -

Ship surgeon -

Kendra, Spiritual advisor and palm reader -

Cook -

Rummy, Moral Officer

1whip

2 pistols

2 cutlasses

1 knife

1 dube

Navigator and Cartographer -

Lookout(s)

Swan -

Mad Jack -

Gunners crew

Mad Jack -

Daggaz -

Ships carpenter -

Ships blacksmith -

Able seamen -

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Aye lass who goes there?

so I looks o'er the rail and it be me ole friend Tempest! Huzzah! welcome to the "Watch Dog" have ye given thought to the offer lass?

That I have and do accept your kind offer. Now, that being said, I take it that the ward on this barky is up to snuff and that there are accomodations for myself as well as my Steward. You will need to hoist this medicinal trunk to the deck, but do take care with it, if you will.

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

:: comes up from belowdecks, parchment n' quill in hand...::

Cap'n, Sir, ::knuckles forehead:

I have a list o' victules tha' have been garnered fer whence we weigh out...

Here ye be...

Salt Provisions:

Salt beef and Pork - 130 bbl (barrels)

Flour - 36 do. (ditto)

Raisens - 200 pounds

Butter - 600 pounds

cheese - 1200 pounds

beans - 800 gallons

Rice - 400 gallons

Vinegar - 300 gallons

Molasses - 300 gallons

Spirits - 2400 gallons

Tho... we may need more spirits...

::swivels head around at a familiar sounding voice::

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

Here ye be...

Salt Provisions:

Flour - 36 do. (ditto)

Raisens - 200 pounds

Butter - 600 pounds

cheese - 1200 pounds

beans - 800 gallons

Rice - 400 gallons

Vinegar - 300 gallons

Molasses - 300 gallons

Spirits - 2400 gallons

(tips hat)

If I may, Master Lasseter. I've garnished some dates and pecans from the groves about the Tsunami Kate, and would have them added to the ships stores, if that's agreeable. They'll only go to waste if not shared amongst the crew.

I have some 240 pounds of dates, which may subplant your need for raisens. The pecan's are but a trifle at 76 pounds.

**Pauses in conversation with Steward by the familiar cadence and tone of voice from above on the decks**

Surely....Could it be?

Aye lass who goes there?

so I looks o'er the rail and it be me ole friend Tempest! Huzzah! welcome to the "Watch Dog" have ye given thought to the offer lass?

That I have and do accept your kind offer. Now, that being said, I take it that the ward on this barky is up to snuff and that there are accomodations for myself as well as my Loblolly Boy. You will need to hoist this medicinal cabinet to the deck, but do take care with it, if you will.

Aye good lady you do come aboard as best I can tell at a most opportune time and accident occured not long ago it seems as though a problem at one of the local establishments made it way out our dock and into the water here where a gunner was burned and nerely made to die. He is resting below and We would certainly liken to have you see to it that the sav we mixed up from a few good cactus pieces is not of a bad sorts? Let me give ya a hand up. Welcome aboard Surgeon dentist and barber, this is Dorian and you know well Sir William, the rest of the crew be off seekin food we haven'y had much luck findin a goodly cook as yet but dare say I can If It need be! I'm jes not the entertainin kind what be needed. Let me give you ahand below.

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

(tips hat)

If I may, Master Lasseter. I've garnished some dates and pecans from the groves about the Tsunami Kate, and would have them added to the ships stores, if that's agreeable. They'll only go to waste if not shared amongst the crew.

I have some 240 pounds of dates, which may subplant your need for raisens. The pecan's are but a trifle at 76 pounds.

Aye Master 't Arms...

I'll 'ave the cooper bang tagether some barrels.....

Does we 'ave a cooper aboard?

Well, we'll get 'em inta storage 'ere n' about...

Thankee....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

You're welcome. May they be of good use.

(turns to go and stops up short)

Tempest...

(Removes dusty hat)

How glad I am that we have no misgivings in welcoming ladies aboard.

(bows low)

Now...though it may seem vulgar so soon to ask...as you have just come aboard...yet per the Ship Master's request, I am to have a list of all arms brought aboard the Watch Dog.

**Arriving on the expanse of deck, surveys the area pausing on Dorian with a secret smile fleeting across lips then turning to Diego**

And I thank you, sir. If you will kindly show the way I would like to get settled in. **To Steward** Depechez-vous, Armand!

Capitan  Capnwilliam

Ships Master Diego Santana de la Vega

First officer

Quartermaster  Dorian Lasseter

Bosun Badger

Master gunner Pirate Petee

Master-at-arms Sir William Red Wake

Warrior

Ship surgeon Tempest

Spiritual advisor and palm reader Kendra

Cook

Moral Officer Rummy

Navigator and Cartographer

Lookout(s)

1 Swan  

2 Mad_Jack

Gunners crew

1 Mad_Jack

2 Daggaz

Ships carpenter

Ships blacksmith

Able seamen

Sir William Thank ye fer the speedy return. Mad Jack ifin ye would see that Kendra would get this. Dorian Tis me belief in port ye can keep yer pistol but on the sea kind sir the Master-at-arms will (when we be at sea) have the watch on all weapons. But fer yer personal knife be always kept about ye. Sir William I have asked for the ships crew to muster their own weapons to you fer storage and prepares.

It be a cold front on the move into shore the wind has picked up and the trees they are startin to wave in the wind. Mayhaps we should batten down the hatches mateys

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

Here ye be...

Salt Provisions:

Flour - 36 do. (ditto)

Raisens - 200 pounds

Butter - 600 pounds

cheese - 1200 pounds

beans - 800 gallons

Rice - 400 gallons

Vinegar - 300 gallons

Molasses - 300 gallons

Spirits - 2400 gallons

(tips hat)

Spirits - 2400 gallons

whats the split wine, rum, ale? and how much of each? the ships not taking on water whilst we sit but I nay not know when the last careening be done? We should before loadin up the stores any further move her on to a bank and clean her up and patch any holes we find and then upright her and then load her full! What say? Does anyone know how Daggaz is doing?

Here ye be...

Salt Provisions:

Flour - 36 do. (ditto)

Raisens - 200 pounds

Butter - 600 pounds

cheese - 1200 pounds

beans - 800 gallons

Rice - 400 gallons

Vinegar - 300 gallons

Molasses - 300 gallons

Spirits - 2400 gallons

(tips hat)

Spirits - 2400 gallons

whats the split wine, rum, ale? and how much of each? the ships not taking on water whilst we sit but I nay not know when the last careening be done? We should before loadin up the stores any further move her on to a bank and clean her up and patch any holes we find and then upright her and then load her full! What say?

Aye, Aye!

Quartermaster, the ship be good on the type a shot ya requested, but I'm not sure on hows ta go abouts gettin us us swivel guns.

Aye Master Gunner,

Excellent... I'll put it in th' books...

As fer th' procuremnet o' more swivels...

See o'er on shore, th' ware'ouse on th' edge o' the pier?

Talk ta th' keeper n' see wot they's got... Ask wot they's in need of...

Mayhaps we c'n trade up...

We looks ta be down by nine... seven on deck n' two fer th' cutter n' barge...

:: under breath :: lords a'mighty... tis tha' fine lass fer sure....

*Cough* Right, off ye go then!

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Quartermaster, the ship be good on the type a shot ya requested, but I'm not sure on hows ta go abouts gettin us us swivel guns.

Aye Master Gunner,

Excellent... I'll put it in th' books...

As fer th' procuremnet o' more swivels...

See o'er on shore, th' ware'ouse on th' edge o' the pier?

Talk ta th' keeper n' see wot they's got... Ask wot they's in need of...

Mayhaps we c'n trade up...

We looks ta be down by nine... seven on deck n' two fer th' cutter n' barge...

:: under breath :: lords a'mighty... tis tha' fine lass fer sure....

*Cough* Right, off ye go then!

Master Lasseter, if I may. The Tsunami has at least one swivel gun, and since her current position as an inn makes a cannon of little use, you are welcome to borrow her against the day that you get another.

]

Master Lasseter, if I may. The Tsunami has at least one swivel gun, and since her current position as an inn makes a cannon of little use, you are welcome to borrow her against the day that you get another.

Aye, Master William,

Yer offer be most gratious.... howe'er I wish not ta strip th' Kate bare o' her arms... ye ne'er know iffn' ye may need th' ta repel some rable, r' kings men 'r some such....

Let's see wot th' ware'ouse has ta offer...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

**Dismissing the Hands that have brought in the chest and taking in the area that act as a floating ward**

Thank you, gentleman. That will be all.

**Removing a iron key that lays suspended about her neck, she unlocks the large oak chest making a once over of its contents.**

This will due nicely, I do believe.**Turning to approach the third occupant of the area**

Armand, I will need more light in which to inspect these wounds. Very good. Now what is it that we seem to have here...

Thanks be to God, he's all right, *Pete just rolls his eyes* as if to say" Sure hes alright love but what about me?"

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

**Returning to deck**

Diego...It seems that your scortched gentleman is not as bad off as feared. Most of the damage is superficial. He is resting quietly below and will for a space of time due to the ticture of Laudanum that has been administered. Is there anything of service that I can be of for the moment?