Filming has begun...possible spoilers ahead

Iron Bess

Well, as I said, I got my news from friends who are actors and industry people who are involved with people who work at Disney. They go to the studios often for voice-over work and such. I've heard all kinds of things, all different stuff. So again, I'll just wait and see what actually happens.

Good idea.

They are starting re-shoots tomorrow on the lot and things change.

;)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Did the writers lose their minds and give Jack Sparrow a Mary-Sue-type One-True-Love-sort of love interest, or did they spare us that?!??"

I'm going to make you a happy Pirate....

Yes, they have spared you that.

..... sorta. ;)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

"Did the writers lose their minds and give Jack Sparrow a Mary-Sue-type One-True-Love-sort of love interest, or did they spare us that?!??"

..... sorta. ;)

Hey, that's an intriguing, elusive, vague sort of answer ... but I'll TAKE IT! *grins wildly*

Have another few rounds on me, Iron Bess ... you've made me one very happy pirate, indeed!!

;)

;)

;)

"Pirates ... were of that old breed of rover whose port lay always a little farther on, a little beyond the skyline ... if they lived riotously let it be urged in their favor that at least they lived."

~ John Masefield

Those who live by the sword, get shot instead.

captainjackisback.jpg

..... sorta. ;)

Captain Jack Sparrow is like James Bond. You will love him no matter how many women he beds. Why? Because he's Captain Jack Sparrow. Who hasn't wanted to be a Bond girl at one time. (I'm speaking of Connery's Bond myself). And of course, who hasn't dreamed of being a Sparrow wench at one time? (Or Barbosa for Christine and Charity). ;)

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Yeah... I have to say it, as much as I love Johnny Depp and yes, without fail he's one of the nicest people I've ever met...

There is something about watching Rush strut around as Barbosa that is, well, awe inspiring.

Hes a powerful presence indeed. ;)

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Captain Jack Sparrow is like James Bond. You will love him no matter how many women he beds. Why? Because he's Captain Jack Sparrow. Who hasn't wanted to be a Bond girl at one time. (I'm speaking of Connery's Bond myself). And of course, who hasn't dreamed of being a Sparrow wench at one time? (Or Barbosa for Christine and Charity). ;)

Oh, no, don't get me wrong -- I DO love Jack Sparrow the more women he wines and dines and ... er, yes. ;-D I've seen screengrabs from 2 and 3 showing that Scarlett and Giselle are back for the sequels, and I'm loving that; I loved their characters, and I totally approve of seeing more of them; they're great. _Jack_ is great, in all his womanizing-character self ... it's hilarious fun. *grins again*

No ... what I was afraid of was that Captain Jack would be given a Mary-Sue-styled love interest ... the kind of love interest that pops up on Fanfiction.net (and various other Disney sequels) ... in this case, I'd expect to see a female pirate captain, or a highborn lady tired of being a highborn lady (like Elizabeth, only incredibly annoying in a way in which Elizabeth never is), or some poor abused Tortugian wench looking for a savior ... and Jack swoops in, saves said lass, and falls madly in love with her, to the point where he is close to renouncing piracy and sailing in order to spend the rest of his days as a happily-married man -- because, hey, who needs a ship when you've found your One Truw Luve??

So, no ... Sparrow wenches are fine. Sparrow love interests are fine. Sparrow soul-mates that turn Sparrow into a swooning romantic are NOT fine, because they are clearly not Sparrow at all. But I'm gonna take Iron Bess's elusive answer as a strongly-optimistic sign that my worries are unnecessary ... because I'm going to take it to mean that Jack will remain his ever-loving Bondish self (that doesn't sound quite right, does it?? ;-D), and that there are no Mary Sues on the sequels' horizons. *grins* Women, yes; Mary Sue love interests, no.

Because the possibility had been making me nervous, let me tell ya!

... Now, Iron Bess, just let us know if they need a few more actresses to play various Sparrow wenches, because while I have no intention of trying to break into acting, I wouldn't mind auditioning for a role like THAT ... ;)

"Pirates ... were of that old breed of rover whose port lay always a little farther on, a little beyond the skyline ... if they lived riotously let it be urged in their favor that at least they lived."

~ John Masefield

captainjackisback.jpg

Captain Jack Sparrow is like James Bond. You will love him no matter how many women he beds. Why? Because he's Captain Jack Sparrow.

And isn't that the dream of alla us guys....(and wpmen also... just kinda different...) ter be th' ultamate "sex"symbol (....(OOoooooooooooh ... YaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaH...)

Dang..... I hope that typed out right.......................... :o

ROTDLMBAO!!!!!!!!!!! :o

It did Pirate, it did. (sniffle) :lol:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

There is something about watching Rush strut around as Barbosa that is, well, awe inspiring.

Hes a powerful presence indeed. ph34r.gif

You made my day..oh yess i can imagine his presence.. ;););)

And thanks heaps for the explanations on the other matters :)

hero.jpg

If any of you'se is of a mind to care... filming starts back here on the lot tomorrow.

Yo Ho ho... :huh:

Well, I be leavin early for Corona. Perhaps a visit is in order? Rats, I already promised to be there for set-up. :ph34r:

I guess I will have to make do with Billy Bones. :huh:

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

AAHH!! AHHH!!!! _AAAHHHHAHAHHHH_!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have actual PHOTOS!!!! :huh:

[Edited/Removed: Pictures are copywrited to Disney]

Okay ... sooo, anybody want to take a wild guess as to what exactly it is about Jack's scheme that winds Elizabeth and Will into their predicaments in the first, second, sixth, and seventh photo? 'Cause ya got me. :huh:

~ John Masefield

captainjackisback.jpg

The pics were cool... at risk of offending someone, I'll describe the pics, if I may... (if I need to edit, please let me know!!)

One of the pics showed Will behind bars, in a jail cell similar to the one that held Jack in the original, with Elizabeth talking to him from the other side of the bars...

The remaiining pics were if Elizabeth and Will being held by a British Naval Officer and a bunch of rifle-with-fixed-bayonet wielding Marines, in an outdoor, presumably Port Royal setting...

The costumes look absolutely fantastic!!!!

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

a Disney hack and slash

Rumba runs like hell as Iron Bess comes after her with a sword

I'LL SHOW YOU HACK AND SLASH THIS SATURDAY WENCH!!!!!!!!!

ROTDLMBAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

(as if you could out run a PO'd Celtic lass!) :ph34r:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

From a discussion at Imdb:

So far, it would seem he's part of Davy Jones' crew.

*still has issues with Davy Jones captaining the Flying Dutchman*

Yes for the monkey but barbossa is not cursed because he need's to take a coin from the chest. I think that Davey goes to the cave dose what he dose and makes a deal with barbossa and barbossa goes after jack and they make a deal and if jack and barbossa deal works then some how barbossa is human or something like that.

I find that a rather interestong move actually, that would make sense :)

Oh yeah..that would be fun!

Our Barbossa is moving up in the world..or should i say down?

From cursed pirates to squid like demons of the ocean.. :D

hero.jpg