Filming has begun...possible spoilers ahead

Iron Bess

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what i said, it's a clear pointer in the direction of them using voodoo..i think.

The VooDoo doll is not in the movie.

Some wag just put one on the teaser poster. :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

HAHAHA and probably having a good time laughing at us dummies who love to believe rumours :lol:

It's the kind of thing i can see Jack wear in his hair though and the poster rocks :)

Naw, no one is laughing.

And this was never a rumor... just a poster. And it's doing what it's suppose to do. Create interest.

There is just no VooDoo doll in the movie 'tis all.

I thought you'd like to know or... maybe I ought to let all your minds wander from now on so when you DO see it's go *DUH! how far off could I be!!!!!* (chuckle) :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I thought you'd like to know or... maybe I ought to let all your minds wander from now on so when you DO see it's go *DUH! how far off could I be!!!!!* (chuckle) rolleyes.gif

Ofcourse, it is so kind of you to even bother.

I can only speak for myself but i truly appreciate what ever you share :)

Yes, it is getting us more and more interested, not just the poster but everything we see and hear and i'm sure however much i see (just speaking for myself) i will go WOW a lot of times during the movie anyway :lol:

hero.jpg

Hurricane Katrina: I know this is an important subject, but this thread is dedicated to the POTC sequels. I am dividing the thread and moving it to beyond pyracy. Please do not take offense and you will find your topic under "Beyond Pyracy".

~Black Hearted Pearl

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

• 2 weeks later...

An interview with Keith, definite no no to POTC!

Keef snubs "Pirates"

(Tuesday September 13, 2005 12:34 AM)

Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards has denied claims he'll star alongside Johnny Depp in the sequels to "Pirates Of The Caribbean".

Depp is believed to have based his portrayal of Captain Jack Sparrow in the original film on the rock'n'roll legend.

Earlier this year, it emerged that Richards had been approached to star in the two forthcoming films to play Depp's father.

However, Richards has now revealed that despite having spent a day with Depp on-set, he has turned down the role, saying he strongly opposes working with Disney.

He explained: "Johnny and I spent a great afternoon trying to get these things (costumes) on. But that doesn't mean I'm doing it. At the moment I've turned them down.

"They're shooting while I'm touring. I'd love to do it if there was no hassle, but it would be a side trip. I know what my gig is. The idea of working for Disney gives me the shivers in the first place."

hero.jpg

That's ok but for the record, i do nót want him in LOL.

I'm not mad about this man, the Stones are a good band..let him keep doing that :lol:

ARTICLE:

Depp on Pirates 3

Brief words from Jack Sparrow.

by Jeff Otto

September 13, 2005 - Sporting golden teeth and a fedora, Johnny Depp is taking a short break from shooting Pirates of the Caribbean 2 and 3 to promote Corpse Bride in Toronto. The film is his fifth collaboration with director Tim Burton.

Besides the requisite talk of corpses, brides and the career-spanning relationship between Burton and Depp (which will be the focus of an IGN FilmForce feature article later this week), he also spoke briefly about his return to the role of Jack Sparrow.

The shoot has moved to a Shanghai set currently housed within Universal studios. Depp has been shooting scenes with a new Pirates cast member: "With Chow Yun-Fat…" He says that the new films will take the eccentric sparrow to some new places that audiences should enjoy. "Oh, I think that, yeah, there's some kind of fun surprises that they're posing, sort of messing with."

The long-rumored casting choice of Keith Richards to play Sparrow's father (Depp modeled the role after the ageless rocker) still hasn't been finalized, but Depp is hopeful. "No, it's sort of not totally official yet. Everybody's trying. You know, he's got a little tour to do." (Laughs)

hero.jpg

Leaving for the Bahamas tomorrow, but I don't think we'll make it all the way there. It looks to me like we'll be waiting out a hurricane. We should be filming until mid-December. Regards, mates! BB

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.

Have fun and good luck Billy!!!!

As to me, i just realized something.

Remember i said on the IMDb board they spoke of having read Barbossa is going to be asked by Davy Jones to help him catch Jack?

As much as i want Barbossa back to life, i have to admit this would make him all the more evil and i love the idea.

More so when i realized this, maybe if Davy Jones does indeed get Barbossa to work for him..maybe he will get Davy's ship and crew?

Of all the Barbossa crew, sadly, only Pintel and Raggetti are on the list (see below) i admit i will regret if no one else comes back, esp. Bosun who was such an important character but think of it..Barbossa and the Flying Dutchmen chasing Jack? :lol:

I love the idea... :lol::lol::lol:

By the way, i don't know if i've missed anything but does anyone know who this Tia Dalma is?

Full Cast and Crew for

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006)

IMDbPro.com offers representation listings for over 55,000 individuals, including actors, directors, and producers, as well as contact details for over 10,000 companies in the entertainment industry.

Click here for a free trial!

Directed by

Gore Verbinski

Writing credits (in alphabetical order)

Ted Elliott written by

Terry Rossio written by

Cast (in credits order)

Johnny Depp .... Captain Jack Sparrow

Orlando Bloom .... Will Turner

Keira Knightley .... Elizabeth Swann

Naomie Harris .... Tia Dalma

Bill Nighy .... Davey Jones

Geoffrey Rush .... Captain Barbossa

Stellan Skarsgård .... 'Bootstrap' Bill Turner

rest of cast listed alphabetically:

Lee Arenberg .... Pintel

Peter Donald Badalamenti II .... Penrod

Max Baker .... Burser

Andy Beckwith .... Clacker

Faouzi Brahimi .... Turkish Guard

Vanessa Branch .... Giselle

Guy Chapman .... Black Pearl/Flying Dutchman Pirate

John D. Crawford .... Swan Dignitary

Mackenzie Crook .... Ragetti

Jack Davenport .... Commodore James Norrington

Brian David .... Will Turner's Arresting Officer

Neil D'Monte .... Drunk Cantina Pirate

Buddy Dolan .... Henge

Rand Gamble .... English gentleman

Robbie Gee

Sammi Hanratty .... Young british girl

Tom Hollander

Stephen Humby .... Sailor

Paul Jacobson .... Drunken Pirate

Dermot Keaney .... Maccus

Martin Klebba .... Marty

Josef S. Klus .... Greenbeard

Paul Korda .... Swann's Dignitary

Jonathan Linsley .... Olgilvey

Lauren Maher .... Scarlett

Clark McClanathan .... Black Pearl Pirate/Flying Dutchman Pirate

Barry McEvoy .... Fitzgerald

Kevin McNally .... Joshamee Gibbs

James Melody .... Gallows pirate

Nikki Taylor Melton .... Young Wedding Attendee

Michael Miranda .... Cannibal Warrior

Alex Norton .... Captain Bellamy

Gerry O'Brien .... Sailor

Derrick O'Connor .... Very Very Old Man - Jack Sparrow's Crew

Richard Perez .... Pirate on Ship

Jonathan Pryce .... Governor Weatherby Swann

Karly Rothenberg .... Cantina Wench

Jimmy Roussounis .... Large sailor

San Shella .... Leach

Aleksandr Sountsov .... British Redcoat

David Spratt .... Sailor

Ho-Kwan Tse .... Ho Kwan

Bobby Waldron

Jim Cody Williams .... Fisherman

Jeff Woltjen .... Drunken Pirate 2

David Zahedian .... Prison Guard

Karl Champley .... Sailor (uncredited)

hero.jpg

Don't know but with hurricane Rita now being category 5 and them not being able to go to the Bahama's, there shouldn't be too many set backs or they might just run very late <_<

In the mean time check this out, new pics of the Black Pearl WOW...awesome and even a video clip of her shooting cannons :huh::huh::huh::huh:

EDITED: Link removed by moderator to keep Disney legal off our ars#s.

hero.jpg

In regards to shooting at alternate sites, I read that Gasparilla island in Florida's gulf coast was considered,this was mentioned here below the Kieth Richards photo:

http://www.ohjohnny.net/potc2/potc2news25.html

Too bad if they're not shooting there. I'm in Pt Charlotte/Boca Grande area about 4 times a year. I'd be there in a flash. I would have suggested filming in Cayo Costa State Park, which is an island north of Sanibel island and south of Gasparilla island. Cayo Costa is one of the last few unmolested undeveloped unsuburbanized ancient Florida spots.

SHIP2-1.jpg

Rita only delayed us one day. The water's a little choppy, but we're getting it done. We've filmed scenes from 2 and 3.

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.