Pirate Invasion! Maryland Sept. 20 & 21

Stynky Tudor

Arrr, so who’ll be with me attending this year’s "Pirate Invasion!" at the Maryland Renaissance Faire? I 'ear it 'ill be happening the weekend of September 20 & 21.

http://www.rennfest.com/mrf/index.html

A while back, the lot of us on this side of the new world ( sort of north-east u.s. ) be talking about a pirate get together. Capt. Flint came up with the great idea for us all to meet up at this year’s Pirate Invasion event in Maryland, being that Maryland was centrally located to the group of interest relatively speaking.

Well, September is right around the corner! So, who be with me?

Capt. Flint?

Katey O'Tierney?

CaptCat?

Dorian Lasseter?

MadMaryFlint?

Mad Woman Cheryl?

Captain Rob Carroll?

Capt. Sage?

Arr, and I know there be several others out there that I’ve either forgotten their name sakes or have yet to make their acquaintance. In any case, this be the time to make yer self known and be counted in a manner of speaking, this be the time we should all get together!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahoy there MadMaryFlint,

You’ve just got to sneak away for this, at least for a day or part of one anyway! I mean your brother and your family just aren’t important enough reasons to turn your back on your ol' shipmates.

Guilt, guilt, guilt. pirateGrin.gif

You could bring them along I suppose... We might be able to ‘ave a bit of fun wit them, at their expense as long as they bring enough money. :ph34r:

Arr Mad Woman Cheryl,

As for attendees as far as I knows, just the peoples that showed interest in previous topic conversations that I listed might be going. But with all the new activity on the board I’m sure that there must be more interested now.

Hey you mentioned that you be bring some of your own shipmates wit ya. How many in numbers does that be?

That would be 'bout 7 o' us. Couple o' us bringing our families. We are great fans of the Pyrates Royale and can't wait to hear the other groups. We will get there early for the opening, which o'course sets the tone for the day.

Mad Woman Cheryl

By Odin's mighty spear, I hereby snap and go berzerk!!!"

We can't wait to see everyone who comes. For any who plan on hanging out afterwards; Fair Katey and I will have everyone over the house for a wind down and some friendly chit chat. As well as food, drink, and an all around fun evening. We are really looking forward to meeting all of you. And someone please!!!!!!!!!!!! bring a digital camera... The Capt.

Doh, sorry Katey, didn't mean to ignore you there me darling.

Shall we plan a meeting? Certain time & place?  One of the Pubs, maybe?

Are you meaning a spot on the faire grounds or some place after the event?

Well me hearties i just finds out that me group grom the University in me hometown will be comomin on Satirday for this very excitin weekend on Saturday and i be lookin forward to see any one of yer seadogs theree and maybe be habin a good drink of grog over the ye White Heart and all the good benefits that goes with it

Cushy Bottoms.... lurkers are always welcome. We would love to see you there.

We will plan to meet everyone at the blacksmith shop. It is pretty centrally located and is very easy to find. We will check in on or about every hour to see who arrives. That is to say, we will check in there every hour for the first few hours. After that, we will try to see who shows up at the white heart tavern. If all else fails, find out when the shakespeares skum show is playing and we will see you there. We never miss skum, they are fantastic........ The Capt.

also. If anyone wants to let us know when they will be arriving, we will keep an eye out for you and met up directly. Let me know what all you want to do and I can give those who don't yet have it, our phone number and we can discuss everthing.....

Arrr of course there Cushy Bottom, everyone be welcome to the event! And if I may be so bold, I believe the invitation to wreck, I mean party at Capt. Flint’s & Katey’s be extended to all of us on this here board.

Doh, I should have read the last post...

Edited by Stynky Tudor

MadMaryFlint, I would offer you a ride but I seem to remember that you’re on or near the coast some where… we’re inland and west from you I think.

Not to mention how bad the the idea is of getting car rides from a strange 40 year men that you met on the internet even if they enjoy playing pirate dress-up.

I haven’t heard from CaptCat in a while and I don’t know if she’s planning on going, but you might want to check with her though, I think she’s in Richmond.

(Stynky volunteers to be shark food and walks the plank for obligating others)

We'll be there for the opening, should hopefully get there around 10-10:15 or so. Don't want to miss the opening with the cannon..... Can't miss us, hubby is in wheelchair. I thinks I told that to Capt. Flint already. :(

Mad Woman Cheryl

By Odin's mighty spear, I hereby snap and go berzerk!!!"

Arr Mad Cheryl,

If you be bring 7 of yer crew plus their families to the ship off proper like and Capt. Flint and Katey's brings their crew and I bring me own small crew of 4 and if any others that 'aven't yet made them selves known show up, we'll 'ave a right nice Pirate Invasion on our 'ands!

Does there be a better day to invade? Saturday? Sunday? Both?

Ahoy mateys. I will be trying to make it down. I have to give 3 weeks advance notice for vacation. Hopefully i can get the time off. Keep your cutlasses crossed.

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

Hotel booked, car reserved. Yes. Still have bloomers to make. I can't wait to get home. Something about being landlocked does not sit well with me. Gimme coastline! Seagull poop! Tourists! No, wait, no tourists. We'll be there either before gate or soon after. We're driving up from a stoppver in Richmond, and i'm notoriously bad at getting up in the morning. :angry: