How Do You FEEL Now?

PyratePhil

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My day has not been the best. A lot of crap kept happening at work and I was waiting to hear APRIL FOOLS, but that never happened. But then....tonight I was told something even worse. My great uncle, who was refered to as my grandfather, died today. He had been in failing health, beginning alzheimer and was just very weak. My grandmother is actually okay, she had time to prepare. It was just her that was with him today. My dad decided to lighten the saddness while telling me the news tonight. I'm all weepy and I asked if he suffered at all. He said, "no, in fact he actually got up, wandered around, the nurses had to chase him down, he hailed a cab and.....APRIL FOOLS!" I was like, "you turd!" He said see, "I made you laugh, your grandpa would be happy about this." He was quite the prankster, so he planned this well to die on April Fool's Day. He didn't make it to his birthday, which is the 28th of this month. I had a feeling he wouldn't.....I'm still sad just thinking about it. The service is this coming Wednesday, I'm putting in the time to go to it. I don't even want to do half day, not fun to go back to work after a funeral, ugh and sighs...... :lol:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Christine, luv, I join Asukara in saying how saddened I am that someone so dear to ye has passed on. As ye grieve, try to remember all the happiness and joy that yer 'grandfather' great-uncle brought to ye and others. Celebrate his life and keep his memory alive.

Take good care of yourself, me heartie.

I wonder if one of the most important steps on our journey is the one in which we throw away the map.

-- Loreena McKennitt

My fathers knew of wind and tide, and my blood is maritime.

-- Stan Rogers

I don't pretend to be captain weird.

I just do what I do.

-- Johnny Depp

Thank you both. Even tho I knew it was only a matter of time with him it still is sad when it happens. I feel bad more for grandma. I'm sure she'll be selling that big house of theirs. Too many memories in that house and now it's lonely and empty in there. I like that house, my whole childhood was practically there. We went there a lot as kids. More so than my dad's real mom up in Anaheim, who now lives in Texas. He considers my great uncle and aunt to be his parents cuz they raised him since he was 4.

Oh, yeah Ciaran! Last night I felt the need to pull out old picture albums of when I was under the age of 10. The majority of the pix when my sister and I were little kids were taken at their house. We just went there so much. :D

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Christine, I'm so sorry for your loss. You have so many good memories of your 'grandfather', and that help to ease your heavy heart. All our love to you, dear. :)

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

my heart goes out to you christine. i know how hard it is, but as long as you carry their memories in your heart, they'll always be alive to you. :o

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

Like I don't want to be bothered whth the new mattress and box springs today!

Christine, that is to be expected. It was an emotionally draining weekend for you. Just know that your friends here will allways be here when you need to escape.

I am so sickened and outraged right now! I was looking around on myspace and found this group where they're trying to stop animal cruelty. One post was called Kitten Killer Missing. I thought, oh, God, what's this? People were talking how some horrible woman who kills kittens while video taping it is now hiding out cuz she's getting death threats. They also said that unfortunately the videos are not a fake, it's all real. Well, someone posted the video in question and I looked.....I had to hit stop not too long after tho. It was absolutely horrible! I grabbed my own kittys and held them close, wanting to protect all kittys from horrible people like this psycho bitch! She stepped on this little kitten with her high heels until it dies. I'm so outraged that there's horrible people out there who would do this! I'd like to find this bitch and ram my high heels all thru-out her face and body! I have to find something more up-lifting to look at now, I'm so sickened...... :P

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

UPDATE: My sister found an Article about that horrible video. It reports that the psycho bitch and her cameraperson were caught.

Yeah - and dig her justification. I recall that when my ex and I split up I didn't feel compelled to mangle any helpless creatures... If I were the authorities, I'd throw both those folks into a mental facility for some extensive observations.

RHJMap.jpg

I agree with stopping animal cruelty.. especially in other lands. If you have to kill something for food, then do it quickly and with mercy.

IF you dont' need to kill it for food..then dont' kill it..

and I say this to all wenches who have foxtails too. I won't wear one, ever. I wear bells on a string instead of some free animal's tail..

BTW, I have a bad cold, and I finally can bend instead of yelling in pain from my back hurting. Tonight is my last bowling night and I have to miss it..... snurk.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg