Tsunami Kate

William Brand

Hmm..This was sent to me by a good friend of mine...

Pumpkin Cake

2 cu sugar 2 tsp baking powder

2 cu flour 2 tsp soda

1 cu oil 1 tsp. cinnamon

4 eggs 1 can pumpkin (16 oz)

1/2 tsp salt

Icing

2(3oz) pkg. cream cheese 3/4 box of powdered sugar

1 stick margarine

Mix all ingredients except pumpkin, together. Add pumpkin last. Pour into a 13 x 9

oblong pan that has been greased and floured or sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for about 34 minutes. Test for doneness. Allow cake to cool completely before icing. Mix softened cream cheese and margarine with powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Iced cake may be refrigerated and served cool.

I like to bake the cake ahead and freeze it. When ever I need a dessert quickly, I just make the icing and ice. It's so good I can't stop eating it until it's all gone. I hope you will enjoy making it as well as eating.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well wit all this bakin' goin' on ye be needin' a sweet drink to goes wit it all.

Take equal parts of chambord, frangelico, and vanilla vodka. Add a bit o half and half, and a dash of genedine. Shake the bastard up in a cup filled wit ice and strain into a martini glass and adds a cherry.

Me own creation so it tis.

I be callin' it a Black Forest Cake.

And ye be callin' to the porcelain gods ye drinks to many I be tellin' ye.

edit

I be forgettin' me manners. Tis a new establishment I be walkin' into and not even sayin' hello.

Hello. ;)

`Blackie`

;)

Hello Blackthorn, And welcome to the Kate, Yer drink sounds intresting and as ye know I have a fondness for Cherries. So William tis your turn to post a good recipe.

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

I shall suggest this entree highly in William's stead. I am sure he would approve highly. Presented for your tender pallets, a taste of France...

Coq au Vin Burgandy (Chicken in Burgandy Wine)

What you will need:

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

2 cups small whole fresh mushrooms

1 cup thinly sliced carrots

1 cup Burgundy wine

16 pearl onions, peeled

1 tablespoon bacon bits

1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley

2 cloves garlic, minced

3/4 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed

1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules

1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

1 bay leaf

1 1/2 cups cold water

1/8 cup all-purpose flour

How it is done:

Spray a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Saute chicken over medium heat for about 15 minutes, or until lightly browned on both sides.

Add the mushrooms, carrot, wine, onions, bacon bits, parsley, garlic, marjoram, thyme, bouillon, pepper and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside.

Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken, mushrooms, carrot, and onions to a platter, discarding bay leaf; cover to keep warm and set aside.

In a small bowl combine flour and water and whisk together. Stir mixture into skillet and cook until thick and bubbly, 5 to 10 minutes. Cook and stir 1 minute more and pour mixture over chicken and veggies. Serve warm.

Bon Appetit, mes amies!

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Aye, some very fine recipes indeed.

Beef Stew with Newcastle Brown Ale and Dumplings Recipe

Ingredients

2 pounds, 3 ounces shin of beef (or use flank or neck), chopped into chunks

3 tablespoons flour

Olive oil

3 red onions, peeled, halved and roughly sliced

1-3/4 ounces pancetta or bacon, chopped

3 sticks of celery, chopped

1 small handful of rosemary, leaves picked from stem

5 cups Newcastle Brown ale or other dark ale

2 parsnips, peeled and roughly chopped

2 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped

4 potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped

Sea salt and freshly ground pepper

Dumplings:

1-3/4 cups self-rising flour

1/2 cup butter

A good pinch of salt and pepper

2 sprigs of rosemary, chopped

Instructions

Season the beef, sprinkle with the flour and toss around until well coated. Heat up a frying pan until it is good and hot, add a little olive oil and fry the beef in 2 batches until nice and brown. Transfer the meat to a big casserole -- one that is suitable to go on a stovetop burner -- mixing in the flour that was left on the plate after coating it. Put the casserole on a medium heat, add the onions and pancetta, and cook until the onions are translucent and the pancetta has a bit of color. Add your celery and rosemary. Now you can pour in your ale and 1-1/4 cups of water, adding your parsnips, carrots and potatoes. (Feel free to add whatever veg you like at this stage.) Bring to the boil, put a lid on, turn down the heat and leave it to simmer while you make the dumplings -- which are choice.

Blitz the dumpling ingredients in a blender or rub between your fingers till you have a breadcrumb consistency, then add just enough water to make a dough that isn't sticky. Divide it into ping-pong-ball-sized dumplings and put these into the stew, dunking them under. Put the lid back on and leave it to cook for 2 hours. Taste it, season it as you like, and then serve the stew with some greens and loads of bread to mop up the juices.

Yield: 6 to 8 servings

Credit goes to: Happy Days with the Naked Chef by Jamie Oliver (Hyperion)

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Today's Special is Moroccan Couscous

1 lb (500g) chicken breast (approx 4 chicken breasts)

1/2 cup corn oil

3 cloves garlic, chopped

1/2 lb (250g) tomatoes, chopped

1 cup fresh parsley, chopped (or 2 tsp dried parsley)

1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

1/8 tsp saffron threads, crushed

5 small turnips

2 small carrots, sliced

1 large acorn squash; peeled, seeded, cut into 2" pieces

3 small zucchinis/courgettes, diced

1 lb (500g) lentils

1 lb garbanzo beans/chickpeas canned or dried, ground

2 1/4 cups water

3 cups couscous (about 18 ozs/512g)

4 cups chicken broth

1.75 tsp calcium powder

moroccan-couscous-web.jpg

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

I could use a vacation...some patois spot where time slows to a snail's crawl and the air is fresh with the tinge of salt, for good measure. A bottle of your best, if you please William. I have done my duty for the day and need to vanquish the memory.

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

Why, William! You have been holding out on me. To think that you had such a delite in your possession and never disclosed such until now. I think it will serve more than well. Perhaps a loaf of baguette and warmed brie to acompany? I am most endebted to you, once again.

Hello William tis good to be home finally. I have discovered I do not like flying much. I think I left my nail marks in the arm of the chair. So I would be honored if you could prepare something soothing for my rattled nerves.

• 1 month later...

hmmmmmm.....

cobwebs in the corners, dust on the head of the casks....

where is everybody....anybody?????

helloooooooooooooooooooooooo................

birthday party on monday - anyone up for a celebration? :blink:

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

thank you so much sir william! :lol:

~snow :D

with faith, trust and pixiedust, everything is possible ;)

if it be tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

IWG #3057 - Local 9

emmf steel rose player - bella donna, 2005

improv cast member and dance instructor - fort tryon medieval festival

lady neige - midsummer renaissance faire

Where's this tavern? on Jamaica?

Me brudder an I might like a drink an a meal an more drink, maybe more drink afer that. . . . .

Barkeep! dust off yur servin wenches an send them our way!

Titim gan éirí ort.

Go mbeire an diabhal leis thú

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.