PA Renaissance Faire: Pirate Weekend

Blind Rhoid Pyle

So's 'ow many arrrre going up on Saturday???  Blind Rhoid, PyratePhil, are ye both on Saturday???

Sunday is out for us, I need to give our 4 yr old a day to rest.

I know on Sunday it is:

Crimson Corsair

MoonShadow

Madam Macaw

Pyrate Phil

Blender Wench (myself)

I am sure there are others, but those are the ones I know for 100% sure.

I think the Jury Rig crew, led by Duncan McGuyver will be there both Saturday and Sunday, but not 100% sure. May want to PM him

Bloody hell. We're gonna miss ye lubbers all the way 'round. We'll only be there on Saturday. Can't make MD on their openin' weekend either. :wub:

At yer bloody service,

Nathaniel "Gute" Morgan

Buccaneer, Brigand, & Cutthroat

Plundering the Spanish Main Since 1701®

"Refuse that, 'n' ye've seen th' last o' me but musket balls."

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awww, sweet Gute, don't worry, we will find ye. MDRF is not just a one or two day thing for most the people, it is a many many many weekends events.

I am thinkin of startin a new thread for MDRF pirate invasion for meeting place, time, etc....

A Wench By Any Other Name..... Would Not Taste the Same!

Proudly serving as Bartender and standing orders of Second Mate on the notorious Juryrig Crew!

There's actually a chance we'll be sending a small boarding party of ourselves, probably Saturday. Who be going on Saturday, when and where should we meet?

:lol:

. . .Cutthroat Kate here. I will be attending on Sunday with my husband and daughter. Is it OK if we join you to introduce ourselves?

(burp)

Well I guess it be ok. . . just this once though, we pirates be a particular lot.

Of course it would be OK Kate! Feel free ta make yarself known, buy us all a round, give us money, what ever ya deem appropriate.

I believe I've met a few people from this forum already at the Blackbeard Fest this year in Hampton, VA. . .

Really? Who did ya meet up with? Do ya remember? Or was it a blur for you like the rest of us?

tee hee - maybe a SATURDAY thread and a SUNDAY thread...

I think a page or two back on this thread are some folks goin Saturday.

I am a Sunday gal, meself.

A Wench By Any Other Name..... Would Not Taste the Same!

Proudly serving as Bartender and standing orders of Second Mate on the notorious Juryrig Crew!

awww, sweet Gute, don't worry, we will find ye. MDRF is not just a one or two day thing for most the people, it is a many many many weekends events.

I am thinkin of startin a new thread for MDRF pirate invasion for meeting place, time, etc....

I was gonna start one for MDRF in general...

Great minds think alike. Or is that feeble minds?

At yer bloody service,

Nathaniel "Gute" Morgan

Me pirate jeep is going to full...Me at the helm,dean as me 1st mate

And Blenderwench,Maddommaccow,and anyother cutie on the POOPDECK..and one more in the hold...IM thinking about Puttin me 3'+5'

jolly roggers on a pole and Fly our colors on the way up :D

"No matter where you go. There you are."

Me pirate jeep is going to full...Me at the helm,dean as me 1st mate

And Blenderwench,Maddommaccow,and anyother cutie on the POOPDECK..and one more in the hold...IM thinking about Puttin me 3'+5'

Me thinks that there a blazin good idea!

Now, me also thinks ye hitt'n yur tankard a bit early, eh - Madam Macaw!!

Rotten, evil, no-good plotting, spoon-fed, going-to-hell-in-a-handbasket lass!

Always trying to bury that little devil on my shoulder and go to the angelic side -

even if just for a moment - choking down whatever evil scheme I was plotting!!!!

PirateFlag_sig.gif

A Fine Crew Indeed

My Webpage-----Pyrate Invasion at PARF-2004-----MDRF 2004 Opening Day

...IM thinking about Puttin me 3'+5'

...and stoppin' at Denny's an' terrorizin' the locals! B)

"WENCH! WENCH! Where be me pancakes?"

Thats funny Piratephil...i wouldn't be lookin to piraty askin for a "Root and tuddy fresh and fruity"

"No matter where you go. There you are."

Thats funny Piratephil...i wouldn't be lookin to piraty askin for a "Root and tuddy fresh and fruity"

Arrrgh, that be IHOP matey!

But it be an interestin' pyrate name...Root 'n' Tooty Fresh 'n' Fruity! :D

At yer bloody service,

Nathaniel "Gute" Morgan

...and stoppin' at Denny's an' terrorizin' the locals! :D

"WENCH! WENCH! Where be me pancakes?"

That'd prob'ly be one 'o th' more "normal" things they be seein' at Denny's.

Ye really wanna be makin' their eyeballs widen, ye goes in at 2:00 a.m. with a dozen mates dressed as Klingons. That me mates 'n' meself have done.

The scary part was the manager spoke fluent Klingon.

But I think we made a few folks swear off intoxicatin' beverages. B)

At yer bloody service,

Nathaniel "Gute" Morgan

Hellfire and damnation! Saturday's lookin' t' be stormin' all day like a turn 'round Cape Horn. Mad Meg, Sealegs, what be the plan now? ;)

At yer bloody service,

Nathaniel "Gute" Morgan

Hellfire and damnation! Saturday's lookin' t' be stormin' all day like a turn 'round Cape Horn. Mad Meg, Sealegs, what be the plan now? mad.gif

What? A pirate discouraged by rain?

Avast, ye limey lubber! Didn't ye think if Scarlet Jenny (Cutthroat Lass, Scourge o' the Seas, Deadly Duchess o' the Deep) hated ye, ye'd be sliced, skinned an' sunk to Davey Jones' locker? Aaaar! Ye would, and ye'd better start believin' it

When I was buying me ticket, the gals on the wall starting yelling down to me 'Where's yer ship, pirate?!', but I didn't realize until it was too late that they were actually talking to me (after noticing I was the only pirate in the vicinity). I just caught the tail end of 'em mumbling something to the effect of me being a blind and deaf pirate... :lol: I, however, prefer to think of myself as Captain Clueless...

You soooo need me there wiff you, mate. I would have taken care of those saucy wenches with one swing of me cutlass! :lol:

Spot.jpg

Arrgh, I have the horrible feeling that I'm not going to be able to make it to Pirate Weekend, and am going to have to attend on some other weekend instead ... but rest assured that I'll still be going in me pirate garb!

*Sigh* ... can't believe I have to miss THE weekend, though ... maybe I can try and swing it there anyway??? Hmmm ...

"Pirates ... were of that old breed of rover whose port lay always a little farther on, a little beyond the skyline ... if they lived riotously let it be urged in their favor that at least they lived."

~ John Masefield

Those who live by the sword, get shot instead.

captainjackisback.jpg

(What? A pirate discouraged by rain? )

You know what happened to the 1715 Spanish Gold Fleet, and the final voyage of the Whydah.

Indigojack will be attending on Sunday , says I.

And ifn ye be calling me a fairweather pyrate, ye better bring your cutlass Sunday!!!!!!!

(Or, we might discuss it over a lovely tankard of ale)

I'd much rather drink than fight. :lol:

Together we shall sail the sea, best friends we'll always be. But, if we should ever disagree, the hell with you, and hurray for me.

Hellfire and damnation! Saturday's lookin' t' be stormin' all day like a turn 'round Cape Horn. Mad Meg, Sealegs, what be the plan now? mad.gif

What? A pirate discouraged by rain?

When yer not at sea, yer towin' wee ones, 'n' one o' yer crew can't 'old an umbrella 'cause 'e be usin' a wheelchair, ye tends to 'ave a might diff'rent outlook on precipitation.

At yer bloody service,

Nathaniel "Gute" Morgan

(What? A pirate discouraged by rain? )

You know what happened to the 1715 Spanish Gold Fleet, and the final voyage of the Whydah.

Indigojack will be attending on Sunday , says I.

And ifn ye be calling me a fairweather pyrate, ye better bring your cutlass Sunday!!!!!!!

(Or, we might discuss it over a lovely tankard of ale)

I'd much rather drink than fight. :angry:

Well we'll likely be missin' ye. Our crew's voted t' go Saturday 'n' brave the foul weather.

At yer bloody service,

Nathaniel "Gute" Morgan

Well all, call me gone, it's 4am and within the next half an hour I'll be on my way to the Faire.

I will of course be offline for the weekend so ifn' ye decide to look me up I'll be work'n. I'm not sure which of his shops I'll be at but I'll have on a green and black striped corset, green and black skirts this day and a black corset, black and red skirts on the morrow, tricorn hats both days, different to go with each outfit. sooooo... have a gude day at the faire all who are venturing there either day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope to see ye there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kat

Well, I can't speak for Sat. but Sunday was one beautiful day @ the Pa. Ren. Fest.

It was good to see Blenderwench, and Crimson Corsair again (Jim says hi), and got to meet several other pp members including PyratePhil.

The ale flowed like ale, and for the price of a pint of ale you could get a kiss. (Thats all i'm saying about that)

NOW ITS ON TO THE MARYLAND REN. FEST.!!!!!!!!

INDIGOJACK :lol:

Together we shall sail the sea, best friends we'll always be. But, if we should ever disagree, the hell with you, and hurray for me.

Well, I can't speak for Sat. but Sunday was one beautiful day @ the Pa. Ren. Fest.

It was good to see Blenderwench, and Crimson Corsair again (Jim says hi), and got to meet several other pp members including PyratePhil.

The ale flowed like ale, and for the price of a pint of ale you could get a kiss. (Thats all i'm saying about that)

NOW ITS ON TO THE MARYLAND REN. FEST.!!!!!!!!

INDIGOJACK :lol:

As for Saturday, aside from about 30 minutes of good hard rain, it was a fine day. The rain be no problem, though, as we hid out in that leaky bucket they call the pirate ship and drooled over all the lovely, lovely toys. They had a rain sale--10% off while it was pouring--'n' I got me a right nice baldric and cutlass.

The rain in the morning kept the crowds down--nice for listenin' t' the Corsairs and others.

Jack, we be seein' ye at my place on 18 September, I trust? And the weekend after, looks like we'll be headin' out t' Crownsville for their Pyrate Invasion!

At yer bloody service,

Nathaniel "Gute" Morgan