poc ending

robert

Aye. I'm hoping as well the idea of another Barbossa. A brother perhaps. 

Only if he's the spitting image...like a clone B)

He's too cool, too sexy, too sensual, too..GOOD IN ALL WAYS LOL... :lol:

No one, not even a "brother"could match his greatness....smiley_aair.gif

UhOh..me's got to learn to behave :huh:

hero.jpg

Now there be a grand idea fer takin' back the studio from them what has no imagination!

Ye get Roy fer yer captain, hoist up the Jolly Roger and board the executive suites fer some rampagin'! Make that Eisner guy walk the plank, sez I. B)

Pirates has a duty t'mutiny and get rid of ineffectual officers. :lol:

:huh::lol:B):lol:

AYE, Grey! :lol:

Much alike that little short clip at the beginning of Monty Python's The Meaning of Life... the old Brits taking over the Banking firm.. acting like pirates.. etc. That was fantastic!

THAT sounds like a FANTASTIC idea!

I'm with you there, Barbossa... Grey... Christine

Though.. I think walking the plank may be too ... nice.. for him.

Still getting paid? B) WHY does that NOT surprise me.

Barbossa... I'll join ya.. Ditto Grey! Take back Disney & put Roy in there!

Roy Disney.... Michael Eisner.... Hmmm, which should be in charge.. that's kinda a no brainer! THE GUY WITH THE SAME LAST NAME AS WALT!!!! DUH!

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

It's fun to charter an accountant

And sail the wide accountancy,

To find, explore the funds offshore

And skirt the shoals of bankruptcy!

It can be manly in insurance.

We'll up your premium semi-annually.

It's all tax deductible.

We're fairly incorruptible,

We're sailing on the wide accountancy!

Ug.... I used to have a tape of Monty Python songs that I would listen to in the car everyday. And I had a job that involved a lot of driving.

Just be glad no one mentioned "Sit on my face"

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

sorry dont get it..whats the big thing about barbossa? Understanding that deps character was for laughs, is it because he acts mentally sharp and ruthless?

Just one of many aspects to his persona that make him an intreguing - as someone stated & many agree - THE best Villian since Darth Vader!

Between Sparrow & Barbossa... to me, Barbossa is the better pirate. His taste in attire... fantastic. His personality.. intreguing. His intellect & verbatum... challening & exciting.

Barbossa is no coin, unlike many people & characters to have 2 sides to them... Barbossa has many sides to him... multi-faceted. He's human, but not. He feels but doesn't. He has honor but will bend the rules. Greedy & lusty but cautious... alert. Reserved but wild. Wicked but desiring some peace.

Sparrow is not a mysterious as Barbossa. Sparrow is more straight foreward that Barbossa, as Barbossa is a darker, more mysterious man. You see upon him the many influences & possibilities of where he has been & been through, but never hear of them, unlike what you heard about Jack, both in the movie & the deleted scenes. & some of us women are MOST curious about that burgandy "red wine" or as Keira stated her "Barbossa dress", how he acquired it.

He's just a fantasticly intreguing character that draws you to him.

B)

Yup, exactly! LadyB nailed it on the head! Barbossa is quite mysterious and dark, which is so exciting to some women like us.

LOL! @ John Young about the Monty Python song, "Sit on my face". Oh, goodness, that's some funny damn stuff there! Love Monty Python! B)

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

With all due respect ladies, I agree that Barbossa were a much better pirate than Sparrow, but Hook be the fanciest, cruelest, thought-provoking pirate in my opinion.

As it says in t'book:

HOOK

Then you have heard of Hook?

WENDY

The only man whom Barbeque ever feared. And Flint himself feared Barbeque.

Now THAT be a pirate after me own heart. B)

Ooops, I be strayin' off-topic. Me apologies.

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

No, I agree. Both are sexy, charming and quite dark. They both are also very mysterious. No one knows Hook's true last name, James is his first tho. Hook, of course is the nickname. As with Barbossa, no one really knows his first name. Johnny Depp gave the character the name of Hector. Teasing Geoffrey with it off camera-lol! But for the movie's storyline itself, it was never mentioned. Ponders if these 2 would get along and form some sort of ally. They could kick some major arse together! 2 evil, cunning and sexy pirate captains working together....mmmmm..... In some ways Jason's version of Hook reminds me of my guyfriend. The long curly hair especially and the build of his body. But I always found Barbossa much more sexier. I don't know what it is, something so charming about him.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Barbaque feared the gallows, though. Sparrow pretty much faced them with grace. More than likely, Barbossa didn't fear the gallows. If Barbossa feared, then he hid it well. Barbossa was far more wicked than Silver & Hook. Granted all 3 men would be interesting in a match. But m' treasure be upon Barbossa. As well as m' life.

Don't get me wrong... I like Hook. Jason's Hook is the best. & his attire I would plunder in an instant! Hello! Gold lacing & bejeweled... on fine fabric! He's a rich gent!

:D

sorry dont get it..whats the big thing about barbossa? Understanding that deps character was for laughs, is it because he acts mentally sharp and ruthless?

What Christine and Lady Barbossa said is completely right, LB nailed it down well BUT...to me there's the sexy side..the side that makes you start to breathe a little heavyer, and if a man cannot see it (wich isn't so strange) i don't know how to explain it LOL :D

It's so many things..he's awsome, he rules! :D:D:D

hero.jpg

I must be blind as all i saw was a smart, ruthless man vs deps character which was to sweet, stoned an over done. I'm amazed that all you discribed you ladies see....!

Men see male characters differently than women.

However, I sometimes take a different approach with characters.... when it comes to appeal.

From reading books by a former FBI chief to some acting... & even role playing... profiling is something that grabs my interest. Almost like figuring out someone.

I can tell that Depp & Rush put quite a bit of background.. created it for their characters... in order for them to portray their characters with such amazing results. Giving a character the right depth makes a character interesting & intreguing.

Sparrow is interesting in his own right. Having seen "Rolling Stones to the Max" on IMAX ( which is VERY cool, mind you!)... & Richards has a darn good voice! But, I found Jagger to be more... exaggerated than Richards. But, oh, well.

It's totally how you look at the character. How much mystery & intregue the personality contains.

Again, Barbossa is far more mysterious than the majority of characters I have liked. & so very real. He's a perfect mix of you classic villian with a real person who is not just a certain sterotype, but full of flaws, desires & acheivements.

B)