'Confederate Privateers', Yaarrgh!

the Royaliste

Great historical info there, Cannoneer, thank ye fer sharin' it.

Even though ye be anti-buccaneer, and a Lincolnite, we'd be proud to have ye aboard the JEFFERSON DAVIS, a virtual vessel of which I am proud to have the persona of the Skipper, Capt. Louis M. Coxetter.

Set yer sights on

confederateprivateers@yahoogroups.com

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rebel yell, ye say?  Best get t' practicin' -- 'tis a most terrible sound: akin t' wild geese mixed in with th' yelpin' o'wolves!

:ph34r:

Read about it here:

Rebel Yell

Listen to it here:

Hear the rebel yell

Strikes terror inta the hearts o' them bluebellies, yessir!

Cheers,

CT Ben

:huh:

"But When do we SHOOT?"

Ya' know, I've always heard about the rebel yell, read lots of books on various raids, etc... but it never crossed my mind to wonder if there were any extant recordings. That is about the most hair raising, chilling sound I've heard... Can you imagine a crew of rebels comin' at ya yipping like that?

It literally made my neck crawl...

Thanks fer posting that link!

:ph34r:

Pulls cork from rum bottle, takes swig..........peers at paper under lamplite...........

....'The 'Quill intercepted a dispatch to the effect that now the Hawaiian Chieftain'll be comin' to the aid 'o the Yankee fort when the Confederate Privateers attack it..The smell 'o a Sea Battle in the air, says I!! :D

Aquired me blue wool 13 button sailor trousers yesterday...with white shirt an black silk scarf...jus' about outfitted fer a Confederate Privateer.

Cap'n have ya got any word on flat hats fer the voyage...kin we purchase them...are there different sizes available...or should we be think'n o' wear'n somthing different.

B)

Signaturecopy.gif

:ph34r: Another dispatch interception!!....Seems as tho' the Hawaiian Chieftian has turned colors, become the Yankee's boat, an' now wants to jump in on Sunday!..Kinda late, tho...2:30 or three, and we'll have been firin' for almost three hours already...... :rolleyes: ...Loads more charges, just in case :ph34r:

Arr... four or five hours o' firin' sounds good to me!

Arrrgh!!..Easy for 'im ta say, says I!!..The other 'angle', holdin' a square-rigged ship offa lee shore, with prevailin' winds , a flood tide, an' a pile 'o rocks 'ole John Wesley Harding didn't even F@#%K with!!!! :)

Stand Down, and ye may just live...

Ahoy, fellow sailors!!...Just a short note concernin' this week's humongus Fort 'n Sea battle...'Tis the season 'o the wind, and many moon's ago I explained that when this time of year comes, the wind rules!..Well, it be here alright!!..Over 40 knots all week, wayy higher as I speak, so..We've fallen into the habit of wonderin' wot time to start events again, and the tide and wind call the shots, not costuming or desire!..So, if'n Friday resembles the week so far, be prepared to leave harbour early, on short notice!....I know it be ruff for schedules, but it ain't about schedules when it comes to the sea....weather windows are what they are, even for short trips, mates......... :)...High tide, 0910..wind:well??

Ahoy Cap'n!

So RR ye sayin' we should be on deck an' ready t' sail at 0900 Saturday morning? Concur absolutely regardin' that pile o' rocks! :) (Having learnt first-hand the meaning of "leeway" ... :P )

Make 'n' mend day 'ere -- trows fer Desert Pyrate, checkin' all else, huntin' up Secesh Naval Jack, waitin' t' 'ere if'n th' "other" drummer passt alla his classes -- will know t'morraw, latest. AARRRR! 'E better, th' dickens! <_<

How cool would it be to harrass the Fort "intermittently" most of the day, wi' a big culmination

(d' pirates even know that word?) at the 'pointed time? :lol:

'Ave a feelin' this 'n' be one fer the books! :)

Cheers,

CT Ben

:lol:

(Tuning fife, making sure high B's RR verry, verry sharp ... !)

Spot on, Ben!!....Yup, if'n the wind is high Friday, 'tis the prudent thing to do as a seaman, and I'm needin' no more repairs added to the list! :lol: ....Mebbee a 'coffee clutch' wif' the crew, leavin' if'n the wind be up, waitin' if not...As far as 'intermittent, well, methinks that the landlubber's won't probably be there till noonish!..Yessir! It'll be one fer the books, surely!.....And these next few be priceless, dependin'........'tear down Paradise, and put up a parkin' lot' times agin <_<

Ahoy! I just heard from the folks at Angel Island, They be plantin' plenty 'o charges along shore so's the place 'blows up' when we attack!..Waaay kewl, eh??..Anyhoo, due to the wind prognosticatin', I told 'im not to think we be jumpin' the gun if'n they see us dart by a dozen times or so earlier! :lol: ....Yaaargh!!..Ahh kin smell tha powdah ah ready, Miss Charlotte! <_<

'Tis lookin' to be a ruff one, 'your call, your fall' <_< ........Not to be jaded, but...I'm a sailor, I've seen my decks every way imagineable, day, nite, been aground, etc........no real value to me, mate. The last one kept crashin' me computer. Suit yourself.I'd rather not be responsible in any way.

Hey, besides posting some of the pictures here to the Pub, maybe you could offer a DVD with movie footage, stills and clips from the news if they cover it, sort of a help support ta keep the Royaliste a float.

Well anyway, good luck to ya working all that camera business out, can't wait to here how it all goes and see some pictures with everything in action.

Lowers WWII ensign, raises Stars and Bars.................

Well, the 'Quill n' Saber just left, to return on the mornin' tide, CT Ben, the fifer, and the drummer just arrived, loadin' all sorts 'o acoutrements 'o the South aboard the 'ole Tallship ...Lookin' scrappy,eh??..............Look Away, Look Away............ :D

... :blink: Kin ah still drink rum as a rebel???...........

As the morning breaks in a gray stillness, a light mist starts to burn off..

A rag-tag bunch of die hards mill about, oiling barrels, sanding frizzens, and checking powder supplies...A blockade runner leaves harbor after leaving his cargo of weapons in crates upon the deck.Checking the edge of an imported French Naval saber, I use the tip to lift the calandar, revealing the date...1860-what???????????? The War 'o Northern Agression has returned!!!!!!! :blink:

Stand Down, and ye may just live...