Photos from Royaliste's Angel Island Raid

Can't wait Quill...been patiently a wait'n fer me first glimpse o' the soon ta be legendary "Tales O' the Royaliste" (as I like ta think o' it) video.

Tweer most enjoyable our fine battle an sail on that day... :lol::rolleyes:

Signaturecopy.gif

POSTED BY QUILL.... ACCIDENTLY LOGGED IN AS SABER:

OK scratch that email I said I was sendin'... Here's what I be up against mates:

We're gonna have to figure out the cost of CD's and postage. I'm getting requests for this left and right and it's more than I can manage at tax time. (Ye' know how it be with them IRS pirates!!) :-(

I think what I'd like to do is to let everyone see it at Blackbeard's Wake. Those that would like to cover the costs of a CD and postage, plus a buck for Ryan for his trouble to burn it for them, can leave their addresses with me.

There have been several requests from our piratical graphics gurus for CD's of the raw footage. Perhaps we should hold off on sending CD's until we give them time to produce another cut for the CD?

Captain, I also want you to consider how lengthy a piece of unprotected footage you want to have, because although we can mark it with a copyright and write-protect it, that is easy to undo. So short and sweet might be better in that respect, but on the other hand, I hate to have to collect a couple of bucks to cover the costs of a video that is only 1-1/2 minutes long. Please advise.

K... One o' me main (and one o' me only) political issues I be reminded of when ye mentioned copyright... think I'll mention it fer anyone interested.

Creative Commons Licenses

Allows you to set your own copyright restrictions on a work that might be more or less restrictive than normal copyright law. It makes you and your users familiar with your license, and it is helping to fix our increasingly outdated and broken system. Can't recommend it enough, for any of us creative types. Comes in human-readable, machine-readable and lawyer-readable.

POSTED BY QUILL.... ACCIDENTLY LOGGED IN AS SABER:

OK scratch that email I said I was sendin'... Here's what I be up against mates:

We're gonna have to figure out the cost of CD's and postage. I'm getting requests for this left and right and it's more than I can manage at tax time. (Ye' know how it be with them IRS pirates!!) :-(

I think what I'd like to do is to let everyone see it at Blackbeard's Wake. Those that would like to cover the costs of a CD and postage, plus a buck for Ryan for his trouble to burn it for them, can leave their addresses with me.

There have been several requests from our piratical graphics gurus for CD's of the raw footage. Perhaps we should hold off on sending CD's until we give them time to produce another cut for the CD?

Captain, I also want you to consider how lengthy a piece of unprotected footage you want to have, because although we can mark it with a copyright and write-protect it, that is easy to undo. So short and sweet might be better in that respect, but on the other hand, I hate to have to collect a couple of bucks to cover the costs of a video that is only 1-1/2 minutes long. Please advise.

Well. me own .02 cents worth, it be alright with me which ever way you want to go....Short works best for promotin' the Ship, if'n members want it longer, well, matters naught to me as long as it be for personal use. For sure tho, don' be tryin' to absorb the cost 'o this adventure...Mebbee anyone that wants a copy right away should bring a blank and a buck to the Wake, and burn a copy or so onboard.....It's on me hard drive, so copying iddn't a problem :rolleyes:

I've got a bunch of blank CD-R's and those slim cases. I'll bring a bunch, and I'm happy to do my "Sysadmin thang" after dinner and burn copies.

What's the speed on your burner?

(Add "hey Baby" to the front of that, and it becomes a bad geek pickup line. ) :rolleyes:

-Jennifer

"Let them eat cake. No wait, kill 'em all instead, and plunder the cake for yourself. Mmmmm, cake. . ."

I've got a bunch of blank CD-R's and those slim cases. I'll bring a bunch, and I'm happy to do my "Sysadmin thang" after dinner and burn copies.

What's the speed on your burner?

(Add "hey Baby" to the front of that, and it becomes a bad geek pickup line. )  :rolleyes:

Dunno, takes a while to burn these, they are a big file (397MB).....mebbee 5-10 minutes....My burner is a Toshiba R2102 in me laptop