Elizabeth Swan Dress

That is indeed a beautiful dress lass an' a lot o work. I know because me wife is working on a dress fer me 12 year old daughter like the one young Elizabeth were wearing in the beginning o the movie.

I think, therefor I am. Or maybe I just think I am.

Eh, it's okay. Would be nice if ye put a lil' effort inta it, though.

;P

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

The impression is even better in that such a beautiful woman is wearing it! You compliment each other.

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.

I'm with Billy Bones there, Elaina. Rather charming!

It has it's own twist to it. Your own signature. Something that Elizabeth herself would adore. :)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

thank you all yer most kind! "blushing"

The hardest part was finding the material that was nearly exactly like the peices used in the film. I will have to make a second , I will be wearing this one allot. And you really cant breathe much in it.... this part be true.

I love you too Nigel :unsure: :)

cabinfreindsbanner-vi.jpg

Wowie. Very impressive, lady.

I was wonderin' where the extra pins were comin' from..*hee* I thought me and Narcissa Malfoy were the only ones on sewin' terms :lol:

Preparations for CostumeCon and all...her and her hubby! Penny will be a busy lass, to say the least..

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

-the only thing more dangerous than her.. is her needle-

:) :D Amen to the hair, Elaina! A pain, isn't it? Worse when it decides it doesn't want to do anything! I use quite a bit of hair pins & Paul Mitchell Freeze & shine hair spritz. Works everytime. :D

Aye, Maggie would love to see pix! :D

& yes, ... I've been keeping my eyes out for the material as well. I found it, however, the only thing it didn't have was the 'border' trim design.. so... that kinda made it not really the exact material. I think they may have made the material special for the movie.

Oh! For the nightgown & robe... I know simplicity has a pattern that is Late Victoria/Early Edwardian vintage .. it's rather close to the Elizabeth night gown & robe.. just needs a tad bit of altering.. easy enough. I've bought the pattern myself... just not gotten around to buying any material yet... still debating on material since I wanted to go more by the pattern & make my own gown & robe. Something more comfy for the re-enactments.

Elizabeth's gown she wore at the end of the movie would be easy enough to do as well. Been pondering doing that type of dress.

Ooooo.. this is fun! Gown ideas!

The other hard part, as I've discussed with a couple people.. is the hats & shoes!

Going to make a hat for the gown, Elaina?

Huzzah!

Anastazia

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Wait! There was a dress in that shot?

Hafta recheck.

Drop a kitten six feet, and she grins...

Drop an elephant six feet, and ya gots yerself a mess ta clean up....

Sometimes bein' the biggest and most powerful is the LAST thing you wanna be.....

Mad Ozymandias Zorg the Unsnottered

And you really cant breathe much in it.... this part be true.

Tis truly a fine piece of stitchery thar!!! Muy bella!!!!

As to the breathing part.....I'm sure there be plenty of lads willing to help ye revive in case you fainted, lass. Just a word to the wise....avoid high walls above shorelines. :lol: Not everyone's been to Singapore.

Captain of The Morrighan.

"Blushes"

As to the breathing part.....I'm sure there be plenty of lads willing to help ye revive in case you fainted, lass. Just a word to the wise....avoid high walls above shorelines.  Not everyone's been to Singapore.

I hope there are some handsome experienced pirates to fish me out. "I be praying for that" LOL

Gabrielle

cabinfreindsbanner-vi.jpg

Lass;

My compliments to a very talented seamstress. Just one question if ye will, how did you get the actress to model the finished product for you?

Barbados Jack

**** When daylight fades, Darkness prevails****

** Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez **

" We sail within a vast sphere, Ever drifting in uncertainty, Driven from end to end"

- Pascal-