Southern California Rennaisance Faire

Rum Annie Flint

Well, I be decidin to go to Ojai for the 24th weekend. Don't think me mate will allow another trip to So. Ca. so soon. Arrrrgh, there be way too many things to do in So. Ca. in the spring. Chasing handsome pirates be one of themm too. :lol:

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few o'me Star Wars mates and I may be going on Sunday, May 30th.

If I go in garb I'll be in me Black Watch tartan split skirt dress. I only gots me daggar, but that be enough fer a Scottish lass. :unsure:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

I'll be there. I am in Friends of Faire. Email me and we can hook up, anybody :) Of course I'm usually a too incoherent :)

email: fearghal1@cox.net

I too am from san diego, but hopefully will be up almost every weekend this May.

I definitely am going to be there this coming Saturday, May 1st. Been having faire withdrawals since last I went to the Escondido faire. Thank God the weather has cooled down again! We were having a crazy heat spell all over California. It felt like summer instead of spring, crazy! It's not fun to be all dressed up in garb in hot weather. :D So, who all is going this coming Saturday?

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

(chuckle) We all need to keep tabs on this...

I'll be out there on May 2 (I think) with Red Maria

Right?

Maria???? :lol:

Well it was suppose to be the third but between the heat (and your haeart) and my consussion we didn't make it. Maybe next weekend.

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

It was so damn hot out there this past weekend! Like being in a furnace! Nothing but hot air blasting ya in the face. My aunt practically passed out. It's a good thing all we drank was water. We helped loosen her bodice, all the garb on her made things worse. Why don't they ever have faire in January or February? I never understood that with the San Bernadino faire, it's the desert out there, so why have faire when it starts to get into hotter weather? There has been only one or 2 times that I've gone to this faire when the weather was somewhat tolerable. And usually that's opening weekend. As you get more towards the middle and the end of faire it gets too damn hot! I was able to take some good pix so not a total loss. I've decided if the temperatures go beyond late 80s I won't even bother going.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Wow... I see my decision was a good one then.

I founder in anything over 80 when I'm in my rig....!!!!

(And even before then oft times!!) :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

It was so damn hot out there this past weekend! Like being in a furnace! Nothing but hot air blasting ya in the face. My aunt practically passed out. It's a good thing all we drank was water. We helped loosen her bodice, all the garb on her made things worse. Why don't they ever have faire in January or February? I never understood that with the San Bernadino faire, it's the desert out there, so why have faire when it starts to get into hotter weather? There has been only one or 2 times that I've gone to this faire when the weather was somewhat tolerable. And usually that's opening weekend. As you get more towards the middle and the end of faire it gets too damn hot! I was able to take some good pix so not a total loss. I've decided if the temperatures go beyond late 80s I won't even bother going.

I heard that one o' the first weekends, it was rainin'! The weather's been so bad here in LA, I know. Two days ago, I was dyin' at school in 90-degree weather. It's cooled down a bit, though, bu' I know it must be worse out there in San Bernadino, since it's further from the ocean. :ph34r:

Captain Wolfy Wench

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Southern with Iron Bess this last Saturday ( May 15). We were treated to free passes and Friends of Faire by our fellow PRP Nom de Plume. I was told by my ex-roommate that the woman I worked for last year (who runs the make-a-necklace booth)had opened an all pirate booth in Trader's Row. Sure enough there it was! All sorts of piratical beads and pins, replica guns and swords. I picked-up a mermaid perfume bottle and some skull beads. :)

So if you go to Faire check out Pirate's Cove in Traders Row!

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Aye, any faire that has to install water misters to keep the patrons from collapse is NOT repeat NOT renacting England in 1580. Maybe Morocco in 1580..

hmmm sale' rovers.....

hmmm :)

Drop a kitten six feet, and she grins...

Drop an elephant six feet, and ya gots yerself a mess ta clean up....

Sometimes bein' the biggest and most powerful is the LAST thing you wanna be.....

Mad Ozymandias Zorg the Unsnottered

As far as I know, m'supposed to go to Southern this coming weekend, but there are still plans in th' works...

Not many here have seen Penny in a wench's wears before. Pheeer. <_<

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

-the only thing more dangerous than her.. is her needle-

Can I take you up on the offer of the $10 coupon? I'm going on the 30th.

At least I'm supposed to. Haven't heard from me friends if they're still going.

Iron Bess, are you still thinking of going that Sunday? I'd love to meet up with you. B)

hook_banner2.jpg

If anyone can drive and wants to go either May 29 or 31 I have an extra free pass for last weekend. I'm trying to move May 30 so I can't go that day. I'll still chip in for gas. :-)

hi there . im abit new thees parts but if movins what ya need and we can trade fer passes give me a call. i've been doin that very thing fer neer on four years now. ne'r been to a fair but i do live the life o'r privateer. my definition of a privateer be a pirate wit morals..................

tis the internet but i've a referance or three.

Ahoy Red Maria

I was wondering if the had a large selection of replica flintlocks at that Pirate Booth.

Me and a small bit of me crew be goin the 31st. and I cant wait to check it out. :D

I can answer for that lad....

A few they had, of all sizes and price. (Most a very DEAR price) but well worth the look.

Happy plundering! :D

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

It's a crying shame! I was going to try to either go again to Southern Faire or go to the Corona Faire this weekend. But unfortunately my job had other plans for me. I have to work the whole weekend and also Monday as well. :( Not fair, it's been really cool out this week, I just know the faire is a lot more tolerable than when I went last! Ah, well, everyone who goes have fun and drink plenty of ale for me too! lol!

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Ahoy Red Maria

I was wondering if the had a large  selection of replica flintlocks at that Pirate Booth.

Me and a small bit of me crew be goin the 31st. and I cant wait to check it out. :D

I can answer for that lad....

A few they had, of all sizes and price. (Most a very DEAR price) but well worth the look.

Happy plundering! :D

Thanks Iron Bess! :( What she said. :)

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Thanks, Red Maria. I received me coupon in the mail today.

I convinced me older son to accompany me t'the fair since me friends had to bow out. We be lookin' forward to seein' the pirate plunder fer sale. :lol:

UPDATE: Me oldest cabin boy and I had a grand time at t'faire. I be findin' me a nice pistol what t'threaten the crew with, and a poison vial made of steel t'keep me poison on me person - like me hero, Captain Hook! :huh:

Many thanks t'Red Maria fer lettin' me save a few pieces o'gold on the admission price.

hook_banner2.jpg

I'm glad you had a good time Capt. Grey! :) I went to last day with me other crew The Ravenheart. Hotter that Hades but fun! Picked-up a pendant I heard about from my former roommmate. It looks a snake sleep on two round rocks but when you pull a secret chain it gets "excited" B) Definately not a snake! B)B) It's silver and very well crafted.

Two weeks before I bought a cursed Aztec coin on a string at a booth. When I got home I discovered that was some flaws in the gold plating so I ttook it back with me this time to exchange it. When I did the lady behind the counter said "I don't have anymore on string so here's 2" And hands me my old coin back and a perfect stringless one! Is that cool or what?!

Saw Karen, Deb, & Jerry, hobnobbed with some old Faire friends, and had a really good time. The day finally took it's toll on me at dinner. I crashed and burned. I guess I'm still not fully recovered from the concussion. B)

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Were that the booth what had all them fancy walkin' sticks and pirate skulls? I be talkin' t'a man what be sellin' Aztec coins and when I tried to relate what Iron Bess had said, and what I heard from the Prop Department proper, he be correctin' me like I didn't know what I was talkin' about.

Goes on about paying $800 fer his "screen used" coin then says that all them coins from the movie were dumped in the trash. And here those that worked fer studio be tellin' me they were used at the premier. Jerk.

If Iron Bess had been there, she could have run him through! B)

hook_banner2.jpg