Got my Jack Sparrow Coat

El Pirata

Finally after 5 very long weeks my Jack Sparrow coat arrived today from Carliles. There's one small flaw, I was at an AA meeting when the USPS stopped by so I have to wait a whole nother day to get the the thing from the post office tomorrow. I guess one more day is not going to kill me. The thing that might actually cause a heart attack is when I go out and intentionally age it while dragging it behind my truck on the beach. I might even use a little sun to slightly lighten up the fabric.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

Lass I need to be waitin fer tomorrow before I can keelhaul the landlubers at the post office fer takin it there and making me wait fer me plunder. I promise, tomorrow I be posting pics.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

Can't wait to see the pics. :ph34r: I like to think of my long brown trenchy coat as Sparrowesque in its own right ... but I be intrigued to see an actual Captain Jack number. Sounds awesome -- enjoy it!

"Pirates ... were of that old breed of rover whose port lay always a little farther on, a little beyond the skyline ... if they lived riotously let it be urged in their favor that at least they lived."

~ John Masefield

Those who live by the sword, get shot instead.

captainjackisback.jpg

Rock on! :) Deluded lemon juice is a good fader too, the non-expensive version of Sun In.

If you want to wear the hems, etc, you can use lightly metal sanders. If you've watched Martha Stewart at all she uses one for hazel nuts. use lightly, but it's a peach to make things look older. To keep it from fraing too much the stuff Fray check will keep it. Depends on how old you want it to look. :)

Yes please do post pics., The trim looked super and the color and material looks equally sharp. I was curious to be buyin one however the pics on there site didnt give away much...,I am especially curious how LARGE or NOT the cuffs are and the amount of Gore.., in the split tail there would be..,and if it was pleated?. hopefully alot to give plenty o swagger in the walk. Both my Black Frock and my crushed blue velvet versailles were heavily gored and cuffed to the point of animation.., beyond my seamstress's will ..., But I look pretty greatly animated when pissed ;) (Wicked-Wicked-Grin)

HarborMaster

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

I have the coat now but I have to pick up my daughter from school then go to the play ground. I will take and post pics after this.

Well Well... you look right handsome lad!

A fine coat indeed.

Methinks it'll make yer plunder'n all the more fun! (and make you much easier to spot!)

Great coat EP! ;)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

:( ooooooooooooooooohhh! awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! ;)

pant pant pant............................. :(

The two of you (EP and EP's Jack Sparrow's coat) make for a fine pirate indeed.

~Tori

Like any unmanned ship, a novice sailor will eventually steer into the wind and then in circles.

Well Well... you look right handsome lad!

A fine coat indeed.

Methinks it'll make yer plunder'n all the more fun! (and make you much easier to spot!)

Great coat EP! ;)

aye... very nice. :(

love the coat, mate! looks like ye made a FINE choice!

Cabinlass Maggie :(

living room could use a bit o' cleaning... no? Just TEASING!! :(

It'll be the rope's end for that one, me bucko.

living room could use a bit o' cleaning... no? Just TEASING!! ;)

Back off, I'm a single pirate!

Excellent coat El Pirata. And wi' ye bein' a unatatched pirate, I must compliment you on the cleanliness of yer quarters. I were never that neat before I walked the plank.......er......Isle. :)

I think, therefor I am. Or maybe I just think I am.

Well I grabbed a leaf blower and cleaned that area for the pics, you should see from where the pic was taken

I be wed meself, an' it don't look like ye got much more clutter than me, mate. I have a hard time throwin' away anythin' that still works, even when I don't use it, an' me wife gots the same problem with clothes. Our closets (yes both o' our stuff) look like a fabric beast vomited. The coat looks great, by the by.

;)

I am Julius Aurelius, future ruler of the universe. Kneel quickly, for I have many feeble minds to overcome.

Well I grabbed a leaf blower and cleaned that area for the pics, you should see from where the pic was taken

:lol: Lemme guess.....that's what's holding up the camera eh? :lol:

VerrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRrrrry Nice EP!!!!!! Now ye need to be makin' a wee bit of a video of ye agin' it down the beach behind ye truck...... ;)

Aye Paisley.....we most definately want to be seeing Little EP in her finest too. :lol:

To thee coat!!! *raises her tankard* :lol:

Captain of The Morrighan.

You look great, EP! The coat is awesome! Is it really necessary to drag it around on the beach, or put lemon juice on it to wear it down? Call me crazy, but can't a pirate have nice new duds once and a while? It will get worn down (from use) eventually....

Anyway, you look very nice. :)

Gorgeous coat. Leave it NICE! Just tell 'em you stole it from a rich bloke after slittin' his throat. . .

I'd love to see more photos in brighter light, so we can see more detail. How about a photo of the back? Pretty please?

-Jennifer

"Let them eat cake. No wait, kill 'em all instead, and plunder the cake for yourself. Mmmmm, cake. . ."

It is Great., Carlisles did it right!!! plenty of Cuff an Gore..., Great Photos

HarborMaster

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"