Captain Ron

Lady Elaina

It may be cheesy at the end but I love this movie. It has modern day pirates in it and it is a very good sea going adeventure for families.

It also shows what can happen when you hire a makeshift Captain without a license who looks like a caribbean pirate (Kurt Russel) and doesn't know how to read charts. Too funny.

I love that bit about the Pirates of the Caribbean.

Gabrielle

cabinfreindsbanner-vi.jpg

I believe the boat used in that movie was the Wayfairer that's docked locally in Kemah, TX.

--------------

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty well preserved piece without an even a kiss your hand, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, smelling of powder, shouting ARRRG!!"

sig1.jpg

What's not ta love...It's got everything...wooden boats, drinking, tatoos,

the sea, the carribean, drinking, Pirates, plundering, cannons, and did I

mention drinking...oh yea. Now were's me Rum gone to.

:huh:

Signaturecopy.gif

;);) Ahhh.. the memories. I remember watching that 'round about when it came out on VHS. 'Round about the time I saw "the Goonies" as well. I enjoyed "Captain Ron". Barely remember it, but I remember I enjoyed it.

Huzzah!

Anastazia

;)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

:huh::huh: Ahhh.. the memories. I remember watching that 'round about when it came out on VHS. 'Round about the time I saw "the Goonies" as well. I enjoyed "Captain Ron". Barely remember it, but I remember I enjoyed it.

Huzzah!

Anastazia

:huh:

How is "The Goonies"? I got a chance to meet Joe Pantoliano a few days ago, and realizing he was in a pirate-ish movie made me curious to actually SEE it one of these days ... it looks so decidedly eighties, though! (A scary, scary decade -- I should know, I was there. :huh: )

"Pirates ... were of that old breed of rover whose port lay always a little farther on, a little beyond the skyline ... if they lived riotously let it be urged in their favor that at least they lived."

~ John Masefield

Those who live by the sword, get shot instead.

captainjackisback.jpg

Captain Ron! Another all-time great favorite movie!

"Shark attack, squab." "A shark ate your eye?"

"Aah Mom! The boat's on fire! Ahh!"

"Ahhh! Pirates of the Caribbean!"

"There are no gorillas here. Gorillas are native to Equatorial Africa."

"At least we have our trusty compass."

"The great barrier reef?" "Oh, you heard of it? Damn thing runs forever!"

and my favorite:

"It's just a lil' squall boss. They come on ya fast, they leave ya fast!"

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

How is "The Goonies"?  I got a chance to meet Joe Pantoliano a few days ago, and realizing he was in a pirate-ish movie made me curious to actually SEE it one of these days ... it looks so decidedly eighties, though!  (A scary, scary decade -- I should know, I was there.  :huh: )

The Goonies was such a great movie. My generation as well. I watch it when I need a retro fix. The DVD has a couple of cute extras as too, like the video from Cindi Lauper that has all the old WWF wrestlers that I watched when I was 11 or so. It's a great piratey feeling movie.

Key West Pirate :huh:

pil'-lag-ing

It's like looting, but the shopkeeper is watching from behind some hastily contrived shelter.

Rum Wench - Pyrates of the Coast

"Hey, you can't drink my beer! Get your own!"

"Hey, who turned off the music? Where's the beer?"

"Uh-oh! Gotta go!"

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

I worked with Joe Pantiolano on a movie where he played a gay dime novel writer in the old west. Kind of a different role for him.

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.

Both Captain Ron and Goonies were kewl films :D !!

I like the part where Captain Ron tries to tell Martin Short about the Pirates of the Caribbean to which Short's character asks him if he's been to too many rides at Disneyland (or something like that) :D

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

Me sailing instructor told it be his favorite. (I thinks he is favorite be the ship in the movie, not the movie itself.) I be catchin pieces of it ever since on the HBO channels. Everything seems to be coming up pirates.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Lady Elaina Posted on Mar 14 2004, 02:15 AM

omgggggggggggg.. thats my fav part too!! its where his kids are cleaning 2 45's and a mac 10 (guns I think). It is too funny!!! 

Wow, Lady Elaina! Didn't know you had such a working knowledge of firearms! I'm impressed! ;)

Ah yes... Cap'n Ron... What a fun movie! Any flick that plays Bob Marley with a shot of a big, beautiful sailing ship in the blue, blue Carribean can't be bad...

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

Ah yes... Cap'n Ron... What a fun movie! Any flick that plays Bob Marley with a shot of a big, beautiful sailing ship in the blue, blue Carribean can't be bad...

I know... I love that scene too.

I would love to have that life even for a week! I must be taking a step in the right direction!

gabby

cabinfreindsbanner-vi.jpg

Lady Elaina Posted on Mar 15 2004, 10:58 PM

I know... I love that scene too.

I would love to have that life even for a week! I must be taking a step in the right direction!

gabby 

Aye, lass, I think we all would... even if only for a little while...

And, what a great pic! When I first looked, I thought, "When in PotC was THAT scene?!?" And then I realized it was you and the good Mr John O Kelley! Wow!!

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

I would easily sell my house for such a boat, but I don't think me mate as gotten a full bite from bug yet. I keep telling him, those boys are ours hit college and we don't redecorate their rooms, we sell the house and buy a boat to live on. He keeps thinking I'm kidding.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Yes! Great movie! Not Oscar material (I guess comedy never is), but I loved it! Great quotes, too. I'd never seen it until about 2 months ago, an' I can't figger how it got under me radar. Musta been when I was a sqab meself an' didn't have two nickles ta rub tagether.

I am Julius Aurelius, future ruler of the universe. Kneel quickly, for I have many feeble minds to overcome.

• 3 months later...

I just watched this movie, again, tonight. Absolutely love it! Kurt Russel's Captain Ron is a cross between Jack Sparrow and Beetlejuice-LOL! He's also damn sexy too! :lol: Happy to report I own both this movie and The Goonies on dvd. :P

christinebarbossagy7.jpg