Princess Bride

LadyLeigh

Does anyone remember the really funny movie The Princess Bride?

My friend got it in her head that she'd turn the movie/ book into a play at our school, so a bunch of us have been working on it and rehearsals 'ave started and it's looking pretty good, we've got lots a stage combat, and sword fighting, and acrobatics, and some really good actors.

I'm really excited for it so I thought I'd share it with all you pyrates. :ph34r:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, that movie had a lot of eye candy! One of my favorites. You guys can have your Cutthroat Island with Geena Davis...give me The Princess Bride with Cary Elwes, Mandy Pantinkin, and Christopher Guest. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

~Tori

Like any unmanned ship, a novice sailor will eventually steer into the wind and then in circles.

Heard of it? It's only me fav'rite movie EVER! Well, next to POTC. :blink:

I've been known to challenge me enemies with a duel "to the pain"!

Avast, ye limey lubber! Didn't ye think if Scarlet Jenny (Cutthroat Lass, Scourge o' the Seas, Deadly Duchess o' the Deep) hated ye, ye'd be sliced, skinned an' sunk to Davey Jones' locker? Aaaar! Ye would, and ye'd better start believin' it

"I am not familiar with that phrase..."

lol

Jenny, luv, ye are truly after me black heart, arentcha?

Yes, the Princess Bride is in me top 3 all-time favorite movies, along with Muppets Treasure Island, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Young Frankenstein. Okay, that's more than 3.

HIGHLY recommended to anyone looking for a great, fun movie. The duel between Inigo and the Dread Pyrate Roberts is me all time favorite hollywood duel.

I've been known to spout "You are using Bennetti's defense against me, eh?" at people, usually resulting in a confused look. Never once got a response "I thought it suitable, considering the rocky terrain." : :blink:

One of these days....

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

Any Salt worth their salt has seen that movie!

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

Jenny, luv, ye are truly after me black heart, arentcha?

I prefer me treasure a tad less charred than yer black heart, Nigel.

But then again, no pirate worth her weight in booty'd reveal the location o' her next treasure hunt, not up here where every gold-hungry rogue can find it...

Avast, ye limey lubber! Didn't ye think if Scarlet Jenny (Cutthroat Lass, Scourge o' the Seas, Deadly Duchess o' the Deep) hated ye, ye'd be sliced, skinned an' sunk to Davey Jones' locker? Aaaar! Ye would, and ye'd better start believin' it

Just thought I'd let you guys in on the progress. Today we had in a fight choreographer, and even though I'm only the assistant producer, I got to get a little lesson on rapier play. I picked it up faster than some o' the guys. Most fun I've had in a while. I really think I'm going to go into stage combat. ;)

Great movie. Had a chance to see Mandy a couple of years ago on stage. No fancy stage setup. Just Mandy, microphone, stool, piano and piano player. After a standing ovation, he ran to the back of the stage. He then ran to the front of the stage, stopped and said, "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to die!" Hubby and I cheered even louder. There was a lot of people standing around us with puzzled faces. I had to explain it to some of those people. What a voice!

Mad Woman Cheryl

By Odin's mighty spear, I hereby snap and go berzerk!!!"

Nigel  Posted: Feb 22 2004, 04:59 PM

"I am not familiar with that phrase..."

I'll explain. And I'll use small words so that you'll be

sure to understand, you warthog-faced buffoon.

1461668bfsjvui84v.jpg

"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology & extereme violence." -Vivian, The Young Ones

Yep.... definately one of the best movies of all time.

The book is good too - I've only heard extracts though. It's on my "to read" list. :huh:

Making into a play is a fantastic idea! Good luck with that I'm sure it'll be awesome.

LadyLeigh -

Make sure you clear the story royalty-wise.  Not sure if it's old enough to be public domain yet, but you NEED to check.  Even school plays can be clamped down on hard.

We sent in a proposal to the school drama dept at the end of last year and they cleared it for us before we started work on it this year, thanks for the reminder though.

I love the Dread Pirate Roberts (naturally) and I love Inigo Montoya even more ... but it's the Kid and the Grandpa that I like the best. They MAKE the movie, let me tell ya.

"They're KISSING again. Do we HAVE to hear the kissing parts?"

"You're sick, I'll humor ya. Okay -- 'When Buttercup received word that Wesley had been murdered by pirates --'"

"Murdered by pirates is good."

"She doesn't get eaten by the eels at this time."

"Wuh ... what?"

"Eh, I'm explaining to you what happens, 'cause you look a little tense."

And my all-time favorite moment:

"Who gets Humperdink, at the end? Is it Inigo, who?"

"Nobody. Nobody gets him, he lives."

"You mean he wins? JESUS, Grandpa, what'd you read me this thing for?!?"

I love it I love it I love it. ;-)

"Pirates ... were of that old breed of rover whose port lay always a little farther on, a little beyond the skyline ... if they lived riotously let it be urged in their favor that at least they lived."

~ John Masefield

Those who live by the sword, get shot instead.

captainjackisback.jpg