Princess Bride

LadyLeigh

PRINCE HUMPERDINCK

Tyrone, you know how much I love watching you work. But, I've got my country's five hundredth anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, MY wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it. I'm swamped.

COUNT RUGEN

Get some rest -- if you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything.

I love that line. It's right before they start torturing Wesley. What a great Movie.

Key West Pirate :huh:

pil'-lag-ing

It's like looting, but the shopkeeper is watching from behind some hastily contrived shelter.

Rum Wench - Pyrates of the Coast

"Don't rush me sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles. You got money?"

Ahhhhh...where's Miracle Max when you need him.....probably having a MLT somwhere. :ph34r:

"where the lettuce is crispy and the tomatoes are ripe. It's so perky, I love it."

"Bye bye boys! Have fun stormin' the castle!"

"You think it'll work?"

"It'd take a miracle."

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

An Easter Egg

The Princess Bride, - Special Edition

From the main menu highlight ‘Play’ and then press UP. This will highlight a gem at the top of the screen. This will give you access to a separate menu screen. This screen has the heads of the movies main characters. When you select them you’ll hear small sound bites from the movie :lol:

"There is no safe place in the land of Spain.

We'll take the ships and we own the Main."

An Easter Egg

The Princess Bride, - Special Edition

From the main menu highlight ‘Play’ and then press UP. This will highlight a gem at the top of the screen. This will give you access to a separate menu screen. This screen has the heads of the movies main characters. When you select them you’ll hear small sound bites from the movie :lol:

cool I'll have to check that out when I get some time, thanks

Or after the Dread Pirate (Pyrate?) Roberts beats Fizzik...

"I don't envy you the headache you'll have when you awake. Sleep well, and dream of large women..."

;);)

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

• 2 weeks later...
Or after the Dread Pirate (Pyrate?) Roberts beats Fizzik...

"I don't envy you the headache you'll have when you awake. Sleep well, and dream of large women..."

:D:D

Not many people "get it" when I use the quote "Sleep well, and dream of large women."

More's the pity.

:D

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

Aye Nigel... poor uncultured folk... *sigh* :D

And absolutely NO ONE is impressed when I tell them I've spent the last several years building up an immunity to Iocane powder...

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

The Princess Bride! :D A personal favorite o' mine. Got to love that Mandy Patinkin. He's quite a good actor, not a bad singer either. I seen him in concert. "My name is Indigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die. My name is Indigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die. My name is Indigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die. My name is Indigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die...."

"Oh, never, never, never again,

If I live to be a hundred or a hundred and ten.

I fell to the ground and I couldn't get up

After drinking a pint of the Johnny Jump Up."

~"Johnny Jump Up" -Gaelic Storm

"This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever."

-Sigmund Freud (on the Irish)

So the show is now over...boohoo...hence my absence from the pub for the past few weeks...it ran rather ...err...smoothly...we've nicknamed it "the show the never ended" because even though we only had 20 rehearsal days, a ill lead and tech that didn't get done till the day before the show we managed to pull it off. The invited dress rehearsal was rather eventful...our lead..Westley...was really sick and we had to stop the show for 15 mins while he threw up...but he insisted we continue so we did. Other than that...and a lot of other interesting occurences it was a great success and we got great reviews from our audiences, who thought it was amusing and amazing.

"You know, it's very strange -- I

have been in the revenge business

so long, now that it's over, I

don't know what to do with the

rest of my life."

"Have you ever considered piracy?

You'd make a wonderful Dread

Pirate Roberts."

:lol:B)

• 2 weeks later...