Toshiba Tall Ship Event

Lady Elaina

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like a right good time. how does one go about securing tickets for the tall ships? I was at the one in san pedro a few years back and it was great. didn't see to many pirates about though. and never got a chance to join in the battles they ad in the harbor. email meĀ  when the days get closer. also is anyone going to buccaneer days in catalina? .........and where are they holding the cannon battles ?

(if I can't secure a ride on a tall ship I might as well get real close and join in.)

I believe tickets for sailing at Tall Ships are running about $40.00.

You have to contact the Orange County Marine Institute about sailing. It may be too late now. The sails are filled up by now usually. You have to book those things like in Feb. or earlier!

My friends who came out from Arizona one year had to book a year in advance!

Anyone wishing to join PRP (Port Royal Privateers) are welcome to do so, but you must be in costume to enter our encampment. Note, it's advisable not wear hoop skirts, we don't have a lot of room and hoops just get in everybody's way.

PRP is the ONLY pirate group who are offically to be there.

Rumba Rue

**Forget the yo ho ho, just gimme the bottle!** B)

sounds like a right good time. how does one go about securing tickets for the tall ships? I was at the one in san pedro a few years back and it was great. didn't see to many pirates about though. and never got a chance to join in the battles they ad in the harbor. email meĀ  when the days get closer. also is anyone going to buccaneer days in catalina? .........and where are they holding the cannon battles ?

(if I can't secure a ride on a tall ship I might as well get real close and join in.)

I believe tickets for sailing at Tall Ships are running about $40.00.

You have to contact the Orange County Marine Institute about sailing. It may be too late now. The sails are filled up by now usually. You have to book those things like in Feb. or earlier!

there.

Rumba Rue

**Forget the yo ho ho, just gimme the bottle!** B)

I don't know why your friends had to reserve a year in advance Rumba Rue the site says tickets don't go on sale till August 15th. Here a link with info about tickets:

http://tallshipsfestival.com/events.html

Maybe you can still get some! :)

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

What is done is a reservation is taken. Then when the tickets go on sale the ones with reservations get them first. Also it was four years ago when my friends came out, so things might have changed by then.

Rumba Rue

** :lol: **

There's at least a 50-50 chance I'll sail down for this event and the Pirate fair at Ojai....Last year a group asked to crew down with me, 'the Rumrunners', but I've heard nothing from them..Any with interest or support may contact me via the Royaliste website, response will be the determining factor, most likely.......... :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
There's at least a 50-50 chance I'll sail down for this event and the Pirate fair at Ojai....Last year a group asked to crew down with me, 'the Rumrunners', but I've heard nothing from them..Any with interest or support may contact me via the Royaliste website, response will be the determining factor, most likely.......... :D

Oh yes, please, please be there! We need more real ships in the port, and I'd love to come abroad, see the ship, and meet the captain and crew! I just wish I could crew, but alas...

Captain Wolfy Wench

Note, it's advisable not wear hoop skirts, we don't have a lot of room and hoops just get in everybody's way.

PRP is the ONLY pirate group who are offically to be there

Yes Louie told me about that, however I do not mind having pirates up me skirts, and I may just hang out by the ships most of the day anyways,

looks like a heck of a good time, I will just bring 2 styles of dresses and check out the area the night before, I have different types of skirts..... :lol:

Are you going for the whole time wolfy wench??

cabinfreindsbanner-vi.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! Dana Point is all of 20 minutes from Camp Pendleton... are the dates still for early September? I might actually be able to make it, er, providing I'm still in the area!

:ph34r:

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

Aye mate, just a short jont up the 5.

if'n ya get a chance cruise up to the harbour. neat little harbor and not a bad little beach community. not a whole 'ell of a lot of night life though. Hennesseys isn't to bad. great outside patio and steak sandwiches.

Don't know about Hennessey's, but the Harbor House Cafe on PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) is terrific! LOTS of food for a very reasonable prices.

Eaten there many o' time with other PRP'rs when doing events at Dana Point.

Hope ta see some o' you fine pirates at Tall Ships.

Rumba Rue

**Sailin' on the big blue wet thing** :huh:

Jest a wee bit o' stuff ta pass on. If'n ye be a guest an' come to our encampment in costume, be sure an' ask fer me. I'll be showin' ye around - and aye ye be under me control. Sorry, dems the rules.

Rumba Rue

**Just when you had all the ends together, someone moves them elsewhere** :ph34r:

• 1 month later...
There's at least a 50-50 chance I'll sail down for this event and the Pirate fair at Ojai....Last year a group asked to crew down with me, 'the Rumrunners', but I've heard nothing from them..Any with interest or support may contact me via the Royaliste website, response will be the determining factor, most likely.......... :lol:

Oh yes, please, please be there! We need more real ships in the port, and I'd love to come abroad, see the ship, and meet the captain and crew! I just wish I could crew, but alas...

Captain Wolfy Wench

Well, it's not lookin' like we'll make it this year, as we've five new plank goin' in today and tomorrow, so....won't be sailin' 'till mid-week...Will be on the water in time to 'greet' the Lynx towards the end of the month....

well love , they come in on friday n' don't leave till sunday night. stop in .

it is an awsome site ta see the 'johnsons'' under full sail. I watched some other ships do cannon battles from shore in longbeach last year at this event and it was really cool. there is a pretty large south swell running ( well it was over the weekend) so they might be bounceing about a wee bit. still impresive to see.

I'm sitting here with me fingers crossed. I got me lodgings and I got me reservations for the cannon battle sail. Need to get me bonine and crickets for me frog before I leave. Crossing fingers nothing comes up to take the winds of me sails. :rolleyes:

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Are you coming diwn for Pirate Faire?

Actually, it was in my plans until this week, when my surgeon put the kabash on goin' out of town that close after this surgery next week...So, I'll not be seein' you an' Bess this time around, lass........Kinda hopin' on gettin' well and rich in time for Catalina, might just sail down......If not, then you's oughtta come on up for RR sea battles in Oct-Nov....... :rolleyes:

wow that was fun !!!

nice to put a face with the names. the cannon battles where great but boy do they need better cannoneers. five ta ten minutes between shots.

it was to funny watching all the little boats dang near get run over. and a dang fishing boat stopped right in the middle as the tall ships were circleing around . two or three times I saw the tall ships throw it in reverse to be able to turn without a colision. I am impressed with how well the captains were able to manuvere and swing those monsters around. all and all a fun day.

:ph34r: I made it since i was sick lol! I got the day off, guess one thing good about being sick. I had a lots O' medicine so i felt better by that day to go out. I didn't get to see the cannon shoot cause we were waiting a long time for them to do it and WE figured to go to disneyland before it was too late since they close early now for the season.

IT was great to meet the PRP I didn' t know i've bumped into most of them and Knew a couple already. I got a very perdy Necklace :ph34r: Thank you!!!!

It was great I'm glad i got to see it, I needed a dose of good times.

:) :lol:

a white n' grey hawaiin shirt (unbuttoned) grey shorts and a black hat with red LH on it. talked to boats and rhumbarue fer a wee bit. I was also at the trail at 3.30 standing and sitting in the back. I also talked to one of the "judges" fer quite a spell about sailing and his time on the lady washington. dang if'n I didn't ferget his name already. the only judge without a wig on.

the cannon battle me n me freind were sittng on top of the cliff by the houses. great view but we had to go thu a fence ta get there.