Toshiba Tall Ship Event

Lady Elaina

Argggggggggggggggggg!! I just booked me passage to California for this wonderful event!! It came to Florida 2 years ago for the first time in like 10 years..(down the street from my house too!!) I still remember how me and the family swelled up with tears when we pulled up and saw the great tallships sailing in against the sunlight!! All you could see was their sillouette (sails and all) against the bright light. It was breathtaking.

I didn't get to see all the festivities.. it is going to be different this year!!! Sniff sniff.. I am tearing up already!!! :ph34r:

Anyone else be going???

Gabrielle :ph34r:

cabinfreindsbanner-vi.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just bought my plane tickets .. I am so excited!! Like I said when the Toshiba event was by my house I missed it,,.. and it is coming back here like 2010 or something. LOL

Here is the link to it:

http://www.tallshipsfestival.com/

The page is outdated,,, disregard the dates! The new dates are September 11th and 12th.

If you want a hotel by the marina.. you'd better move fast.. half of them are already sold out and I just found a moderate room right by the place.

Hope to see you there!!!

Gabrielle :ph34r:

Well if'n ye be all comin' ye can join us! The Port Royal Privateers will be there with full encampment. We are the ONLY pirate group allowed there (it's our biggest event of the year) and the Ocean Instutite loves us!

For more information, go to: http://www.tallshipsfestival.com/

If'n ye want ta sail on one o' the many tall ships, reserve yer tickets ASAP! They sell out every year!

As long as ye be in costume, ye be welcome into our encampment to join the festivities and after hours fun.

Anything else ye might want to know, just give a holler!

Rumba Rue

**Yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!** :blink:

I still remember how me and the family swelled up with tears when we pulled up and saw the great tallships sailing in against the sunlight!! All you could see was their sillouette (sails and all) against the bright light. It was breathtaking.

Gabrielle, I know just what you mean.

That was the same reaction as my first night in Key West for PiP, as we sat out on our own private pier, and watched the sun set. The water was the deepset blue green, and the clouds were ablaze with oranges, pinks, and reds, Just as it hit the horizon, a tall ship passed in front; a stately silhouette against a burning sky.

Breathtaking, truly breathtaking.

It was an experience I shall ne'er forget.

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

I will be in the group that day hanging out with some PRP freinds. I can't wait.. I havent seen them since Key West!! I think some lasses are going too that post here! We will all have to meet up!!

Nigel and I share the same opinion on Key West too. Kinda like being in a different world (I think they call it paradise) :P Paradise for pirates right Nigel?? And OHHH that sunset down there!! And we can't forget the Captain Morgan apple cider!!!

:P

Too bad I'm not out of the house yet, as I would be a part of a group and would go to these events (or rather, the ones further away from me) more often! I'm only a few months underage from legally owning a sword, but pyrate, right? *hides sword under bed*

Yes, we must meet up! I want t' meet all the other pyrates out there! Hope ye'll be in garb, Elaina. :P

Captain Wolfy Wench

We are the ONLY pirate group allowed there (it's our biggest event of the year) and the Ocean Instutite loves us!

Really??...Izzat a fact??.. I guess I'm not gonna be there again! Oh, well, more targets here on the Bay last year!.....

:angry:

Ah me dear Royalist, do not worry, yer ship and crew be welcome!

Unfortunately due to another pirate group that caused major problems for the Ocean Institue one year, the main guy, Mr. Dan Stetson who runs the thing, put his foot down and only wants PRP there.

So don't be worryin' yer butt off, ye be welcome, and welcome inta our encampment (durin' the day in costume) , an' wellcome ta join in our after hours fun.

We puts on a grand pot-luck dinner fer all~ we've had so much food, we've even invited the Security Guards ta join us! Hey we know how ta get good treatment!

We party and sing 'round the campfire, an' just have a fine ol' time!

Rumba Rue

**Sailin' on the big blue wet thing** :(

We are the ONLY pirate group allowed there (it's our biggest event of the year) and the Ocean Instutite loves us!

Really??...Izzat a fact??.. I guess I'm not gonna be there again! Oh, well, more targets here on the Bay last year!.....

:(

Ah me dear Royalist, do not worry, yer ship and crew be welcome!

Unfortunately due to another pirate group that caused major problems for the Ocean Institue one year, the main guy, Mr. Dan Stetson who runs the thing, put his foot down and only wants PRP there.

So don't be worryin' yer butt off, ye be welcome, and welcome inta our encampment (durin' the day in costume) , an' wellcome ta join in our after hours fun.

We puts on a grand pot-luck dinner fer all~ we've had so much food, we've even invited the Security Guards ta join us! Hey we know how ta get good treatment!

We party and sing 'round the campfire, an' just have a fine ol' time!

Rumba Rue

**Sailin' on the big blue wet thing** :angry:

Actually, lass, I started contactin' 'em last year about this time, but by the time they could give me any pertinent info, it wa too late to change an already full calander...If'n we resolve our hull issues, I'm 'eaded to Ojai with the o'le girl this year, so it may work out for the Tallship...But again, the fun targets will most likely be in my backyard once more....But she'd look nice anchored in Morro Bay or Santa Barbara too! :P (Wuzn't used to sleepin' in a tent an' drinkin' that Grapa.... :( )

Sounds good Wolfy Wench!!!!

I will be making a documentary this weekend with a professional Jack Sparrow.. he is so talented!!( He is Mr Depp's twin too)! B) I dunno if he can make this event or not. Got any pics of you all in costume to share??

Rumba Rue,

Like I said I was invited down by the PRP this year to this event with the tallships... so I wont be inviting myself and a big group of non members. So we should all have a blast. Never been camping before.. I will be staying in a Hotel room next to the Marina. But will surely join in the after festivities!! :)

Cheers!! Talk at you next week!

Gabrielle :huh:

By the time the Festival rolls around, I'll be 18, and hopefully part of PRP! I really want to join, but you must be of age (of course).

I wanted to ask a friendly member: how's it like? They seemed a bit strict and their rules scared me a bit, so I wondered if they're really tough graders or evaluators or anything.

See you there!

Captain Wolfy Wench :lol:

Wolfy we PRP folk are not a bad lot. If you look at the rules there basically safety rules. Sort of like the dumb things you read on labels, like don't stick live animals in microwaves. So don't worry. When you have reached your majority just come out and hang with us. We' re just a bunch of pirate after all! :)

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Wolfy we PRP folk are not a bad lot. If you look at the rules there basically safety rules. Sort of like the dumb things you read on labels, like don't stick live animals in microwaves. So don't worry. When you have reached your majority just come out and hang with us. We' re just a bunch of pirate after all! :)

I usually don't stick LIVE animals in the microwave... only cats. But... *eyedarts* you're not supposed to know that.

I'll be sure to join when I'm of age... I plan to go out and do everything I've been wanting to on my birthday exactly! *cackles* :lol: I can't wait to join!

Captain Wolfy Wench

Ah me dear Wolfy, nay not worry 'bout the rules. They be like guidelines ye know. Heck, I've broken just 'bout all o' them! :huh:

One thing 'bout PRP, we're not a bunch o' younguns lookin' ta bed the opposset sex (though some might), we be an older bunch, well seasoned, playful, fun, not much inta the polictics that beholden other groups - heck we're right tasty! 'Tis the main reason why we be asked so often to participate in special events that come to us as oppossed to them other groups. We not be strick on costumin', just so long as ye look like a pirate an' not somethin' from Fredrick's o' Hollywood, or cheesy rented costume. (Trust me, seen both try to come inta the group---arrrgggghhhh)

So don't be afraid, an' do join us!

Hey when be yer birthday?

Rumba Rue

**Thou shalt not weigh more than thy keg o' rum** :huh:

• 1 month later...
Time to bring this one back to the top. Who has made plans and who is thinking about making plans?

Well I'll be there because PRP are the 'official' pirates of the event. But that doesn't mean the rest of you can't come in garb and have a good time!

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

• 1 month later...

sounds like a right good time. how does one go about securing tickets for the tall ships? I was at the one in san pedro a few years back and it was great. didn't see to many pirates about though. and never got a chance to join in the battles they ad in the harbor. email me when the days get closer. also is anyone going to buccaneer days in catalina? .........and where are they holding the cannon battles ?

(if I can't secure a ride on a tall ship I might as well get real close and join in.)