Capt Grey Raids Disney Studios!

Capt Grey

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye Captain Grey,

I was wondering who was going to be the first to say something on the board. Was wondering if it was going to be me.

You have done a wonderful job in communicating the message. Pictures can speak louder than words.

I, too, belong to SaveDisney.com. Found it because the Parents of Autistic Children alerted me to the problems with Disney.

You should also mention that Disney has split with Pixar, so there is NO animation for Disney at all. Walt would be rolling over in his grave. :blink:

Lovely, lovely, lovely pictures. Thank you for Sharing.

~Tori

Like any unmanned ship, a novice sailor will eventually steer into the wind and then in circles.

Do me a favor lass.... send that last tag you have... the *Goodbye Michael, bring Roy back* to Roy will you?? If that address on the site won't take it I'll send you another. :)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Capt'n

Appreciate yer alertin us to the problem with Disney. I will pass it on to those i know who want Disney restored.

Barbados Jack

**** When daylight fades, Darkness prevails****

** Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez **

" We sail within a vast sphere, Ever drifting in uncertainty, Driven from end to end"

- Pascal-

Is it true that there's NO animation department at Disney Studios at all? Even at the savedisney.com site, it says that the Animation Dept. in Florida closed, with some animators being offered transfers to Burbank; so my understanding is that the Burbank studios still has an animation department (although it doesn't sound like there's much production going on).

But I'm not an insider, so I wouldn't know the up-and-up.

Melusine de la Mer

"Well behaved women rarely make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

There is only what can at best be called a skeleton crew of animators that remain.

I think the ongoing rate was that there is little chance they could animate an entire movie in less then 10 years with the number of people left.

Pitiful.

Oh.... I mean Eisner.

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Thank you Capt. Grey for your telling it like it is. Too bad you didn't take a picture of yourself next to Uncle Walt!

Walt Disney was a friend of my granfather and my family. In fact my grandparents, my dad & my mother were at the opening night for Disneyland when friends and family only were allowed. Up until Uncle Walt died we could go to Disneyland for free, VIP treatment, the works. I remember, as a child, going behind the scenes at the Submarine ride etc.

My loyalty and affection will always be for the Disney family. Eisner is a stranger in it's mdist and hasn't a clue what Disney is about. That's why I joined SaveDisney.com. Roy is family far as I am concerned. :)

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Do me a favor lass.... send that last tag you have... the *Goodbye Michael, bring Roy back* to Roy will you?? If that address on the site won't take it I'll send you another.  :)

You mean link it to "Save Disney"? Or send it to Roy Disney personally?

I just be a humble pirate, lassie; I gets confused easily. :huh:

Endkaos: You be parent to an autistic child too? I be lookin' fer sites and that sounds like a good one.

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Great pictures Donna!

Uh, that's part of your office Iron Bess? Hmmm, where do you work? Or is there another skeleton there? LOL! :huh:

Would have loved to see pictures of props and stuff! I love that kind of thing as I was never one to be in front of the camera. The stuff going on behind is what always interested me.

Eisner is creating his own downfall that's pretty clear. I suspect it's just a matter of time before he's tossed out on his arse.

Hmmmm, I've been trying to save some money up to go to Disneyland this month, as I haven't been in over 10 years.

Makes me kind of wonder if I should go at all.....

Rumba Rue

**Shiver me timbers!** :huh:

Do me a favor lass.... send that last tag you have... the *Goodbye Michael, bring Roy back* to Roy will you?? If that address on the site won't take it I'll send you another.   :)

You mean link it to "Save Disney"? Or send it to Roy Disney personally?

I just be a humble pirate, lassie; I gets confused easily. :ph34r:

Endkaos: You be parent to an autistic child too? I be lookin' fer sites and that sounds like a good one.

Send it top Roy via his mail address on the site.

Believe me... along with the information about the *Cannon blast* on Valentines day... he'll love it.

Duh duh duh duh duh duh really bad eggs..... :ph34r:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Uh, that's part of your office Iron Bess? Hmmm, where do you work? Or is there another skeleton there? LOL! :ph34r:

On me off pirate'n hours I work for the REAL Pirates Rumba...

That is part of me office alright, I'm in the Old animation building on the Disney lot.

Too bad she missed taking a picture of the side board with the haunted lighthouses and the rocking ship that fires it's cannon!

Yo Ho, Yo Ho.... and all the rest. :ph34r:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

There is only what can at best be called a skeleton crew of animators that remain.

So that was one of the animators in your office? :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Sorry Bess, couldn't help it. :ph34r:

You do have one of the coolest offices around. :)

From what they seem to be worth around here these days... it may well be Red!!!! :ph34r:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Uh, that's part of your office Iron Bess? Hmmm, where do you work? Or is there another skeleton there? LOL!  :ph34r:

On me off pirate'n hours I work for the REAL Pirates Rumba...

That is part of me office alright, I'm in the Old animation building on the Disney lot.

Too bad she missed taking a picture of the side board with the haunted lighthouses and the rocking ship that fires it's cannon!

Yo Ho, Yo Ho.... and all the rest. :ph34r:

What's funny is when I saw all the Maleficent dragon stuff, the first thing I said was "BUCKY!!!"

Because that's the name given to the Dragon in the Fantasmic show, from what I was told :ph34r:

*wistful sighs as Lucky looks at the dragonstuff, because Maleficent is her absolute favorite Disney villian, with Captain Hook in very close second* :ph34r:

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

-the only thing more dangerous than her.. is her needle-

*wistful sighs as Lucky looks at the dragonstuff, because Maleficent is her absolute favorite Disney villian, with Captain Hook in very close second* :ph34r:

Oh come COME lass!! I think we could find a bit of the old girl to send you. :ph34r:

Do you like the Dragon or the wench herself??

Herself,

Weary Disney Goddess

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

The whole situation with Disney is rather unfortunate. Ever since I was young, I've had this dream of working in Imagineering. But seeing the quality put out lately, the whole magic has been more or less ruined. I want my park back... the one I remember from me childhood. It can't be too hard to reverse a decade of slippage.... can it?

Oh come COME lass!! I think we could find a bit of the old girl to send you. :ph34r:

Do you like the Dragon or the wench herself??

Both, really. And over the years, she hasn't been easy to find things for. I'm still lamenting the loss of a 3-D plate that I got at the Disney store called "Maleficent's Curse"...it was my pride and joy until she was broken by my then-kitty.

I'm still very surprised I found the Maleficent pins that I did when I was at Disneyland in October!

In a turn of my luck though, I was cleaning through my footlocker here recently, and discovered a plastic bag that held a Maleficent costume I bought about five or so years ago. I swore that I got rid of it in one of my moves! For having a foam headdress and collar, it was a REALLY neat costume..the polyestery material was light enough to have a lovely flutter to it. May need to do some work to it and make it better.

*gets a 'deer in headlights' look at Bess*

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

Have you seen the online petition being sent to Matt O. and Gregg E. at Disneyland? Seems a parent of an autistic child was denied SAP accommodations at Disneyland over Christmas break under "new guidelines". PM me and I will tell you more.

Phoenix Metro area Parents of Autistic Children is buzzing/fuming about it.

~Tori

Like any unmanned ship, a novice sailor will eventually steer into the wind and then in circles.

Do me a favor lass.... send that last tag you have... the *Goodbye Michael, bring Roy back* to Roy will you?? If that address on the site won't take it I'll send you another. :)

I was wondering what the whole "Bring back Roy" meant? Is that like Roy Disney? Was he ofted from office by the beauracrats (or however you spell the dern word)?

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

Have you seen the online petition being sent to Matt O. and Gregg E. at Disneyland? Seems a parent of an autistic child was denied SAP accommodations at Disneyland over Christmas break under "new guidelines". PM me and I will tell you more.

Phoenix Metro area Parents of Autistic Children is buzzing/fuming about it.

Hmmmm..... some quotes must have become entangled lass.... I may have used a quote from that soul in an answer of mine.

That there quote above is not mine.

The only children I have are the actors I wrangle. :unsure:

Right kind of you anyways. :ph34r:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

*gets a 'deer in headlights' look at Bess*

Huh???

How come??? :unsure:

*chuckle* It's cause ye said the "M" word, luv!!

An' it always 'as a habit o' makin' me a lil' dopey...an' not as in th' dwarf!

I think it depends on who you're talkin' to at the park, endkaos. I got the Special Assistance Pass (SAP) for me cabin boy all three days we was there in December with nary a fuss. I had a copy o'his evaluation where it says "mildly autistic". But I have read a couple o'disability sites where guests in wheelchairs weren't treated proper cuz the cast member didn't know the procedures.

**sigh** Disney used to have a reputation fer the best-trained employees in the world.

Bess, I gots the little "Goodbye Michael" banner offen' the SaveDisney site itself so I thinks Roy has already seen it. But if ye be talkin' about me rantin' o'ironies, then I be glad t'send him the link t'the page.

Just think o'yerself as a mole, Bess. Ye be spyin' fer the protectors o'Disney just like a good scallywag! :unsure:

And iffin' ye wants me t'take more pictures o'yer office, lass, I'll be glad to visit again. :ph34r:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

And iffin' ye wants me t'take more pictures o'yer office, lass, I'll be glad to visit again. :ph34r:

:ph34r: Any time lass, anytime. Your the only pirate to visit so far that didn't STEAL something!!! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:B):unsure:B)B)

Next time you take take a few pictures of all the fire in here!

B)

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

And iffin' ye wants me t'take more pictures o'yer office, lass, I'll be glad to visit again.  :ph34r:

:ph34r: Any time lass, anytime. Your the only pirate to visit so far that didn't STEAL something!!! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:B):unsure:B)B)

Next time you take take a few pictures of all the fire in here!

B)

Hey! And wot of yurs did I ever take! B) Covet yes but ner did I ever took form you lass! :)

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency