Whatcha linsten' to?

PyratePhil

Counting Crows ~ August and Everything After

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last 5 minutes of "Hook" is playing on cable. Wish I had known it earlier, I might have actually watched some of it.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Th' boss has pissed me off BIG time, today. I had evil thoughts of entering his office and flipping his desk, then arrange some "wall to wall counseling".

Friggin' bastard. I think I looped "Bodies" and listened to it 6 times before I calmed down.

:lol:

Disturbed - Down with the Sickness

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

Th' boss has pissed me off BIG time, today. I had evil thoughts of entering his office and flipping his desk, then arrange some "wall to wall counseling".

Friggin' bastard. I think I looped "Bodies" and listened to it 6 times before I calmed down.

Disturbed - Down with the Sickness

I'm sorry to here that luv. you need a hug and a smooch

My Soul Is Full Of Longing For The Secrets Of The Sea And The Heart Of The Great Ocean Sends A Thrilling Pulse Through Me .....

Thanks darlin'. Today is a new day, right!

I'm sure he'll think of a new way to piss me off, though.....

Metallica - Through the Never

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.

Shark Week on the Discovery Channel. Not paying attention, but I think I just heard the word "sharK about thrty times in the past three minutes.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Thanks darlin'. Today is a new day, right!

I'm sure he'll think of a new way to piss me off, though.....

Metallica - Through the Never

;) Great album....... :P

My Soul Is Full Of Longing For The Secrets Of The Sea And The Heart Of The Great Ocean Sends A Thrilling Pulse Through Me .....

What I'm listening to right now:

James Yorkston and the Athletes, "Shipwreckers"

... like the Pogues on Valium, with a faint Scottish brogue and lots of seashore imagery. His cover of Tim Buckley's "Song to the Siren" will give you shivers. Download it, free & legal, here:

http://www.jamesyorkston.co.uk/listen.htm

Cheers, Hester

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Free and legal?

We're pyrates, fer God's sake!

Well, if you're offended by honestly acquired music, perhaps you'll prefer this plundered version of "Haul Away Joe" by the Clancy Brothers, which I promise I stole in true pirate fashion:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...8BE63792A448838

You can download the file anytime during the next seven days. Free -- but only quasi-legal (since I'm Canadian).

Cheers, Hester

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Free and legal is a good thing, to be sure. But being a musician myself, I appreciate being reimbursed for my efforts. Creativity and performance are labour, and labour deserves compensation. :)

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

I am listening to my teenage son complaining about my being on the Pyracy Pub instead of letting him play Warcraft online (the Internest has been down all day and let me remind you that I AM PAYING THE BILLS AND NOT YOU!!!)

Jeez. Give it a rest already. He is reading this as I type it. and Still yelling at me.

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

Skeleton's From The Closet ~ The Greatful Dead

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

The Marriage of Figaro.. then Bolero.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

US99 -- the local (Chicago) country music station.

I have a drumset as of a few hours ago! I've been playing it non-stop!

Awesome! You have drums at your mother's house, and a set of katanas at your father's house. It sure doesn't suck to be you. Except your mother will let you play with the drums, but just TRY plying with those katanas at your Dad's...

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg