Whatcha linsten' to?

PyratePhil

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damned planes again.

I mean, they are really impressive and all, and I get to see unbelievably tight aerial formations as they zip up and down the lakefront, and I tip my hat to the men who trained so well and so long to perfect the amazing skill needed to fly these advanced pieces of technological science, and I get to see this for free as well as avoid the wekend throngs of people who flood the Loop to see the show...

But having 6 Boeing FA-18 Hornets flying directly at your office window is really, really freaky.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

The Beatles~ Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

...Or lay these bones in an unworthy urn, Tombless, with no rememberance over them: Either our history shall with full mouth Speak freely of our acts, or else our grave, Like a Turkish mute, shall have a toungueless mouth, Not worshipped with a waxen epitaph... King Henry V- William Shakespeare

'She wore a gown the color of storms, shadows and rain and a necklace of broken promises and regrets.'~Susanna Clarke

Attention! All formats of plot and characterizations produced under the monikers "Aurore Devareaux" or "Tempest Fitzgerald" are protected under the statutes of Copyright law. All Rights Reserved. F.T.M.

The news is on... so I am listening to yet another update on the confessed Jon Benet Ramsey killer. Gosh, this is getting an awful lot of coverage... thank God there's not war or other unrest in the Middle East that deserves some news coverage.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

The hum of the computer...

The gurgling of the coffee maker...

The... whatever... of the cycling automatic water filter thing for the cats (when I die I want to come back as one of my own cats -- they have it so good.)

The occasional "mew" as one of the kittens bites another a bit too hard.

Nothing else.

It's a sleepy Saturday morning here in Suburbia.

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

Some God-awful home redecorating show on HGTV. I'm only checking into the Pub for a few minutes, then going to watch some decent DVD in the bedroom upstairs...

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wylde Nept band from Iowa. The GALLOWS is a grand song..

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

John Wesley Harding, Trad Arr. Jones:

http://www.johnwesleyharding.com/home.html

... a collection of traditional British ballads (many with nautical themes), which this American indie-folk singer learned from the singing of Nic Jones, a stalwart of the British folk scene who was seriously injured in a car accident in 1982 and can no longer perform.

Most of Nic Jones' studio recordings are OOP, and his record label has refused to either reissue the albums or give him the master tapes. [bloody Pirates! -- and an interesting aside to the discussion of copyright in the "Ok i'm pissed... theiving newspaper!" thread in the Rabble Rousing section.]

Ironically, fans who had made illegal bootlegs of Nic Jones' performances have given him their tapes, enabling his wife and friends to issue two "live" CDs of his work:

http://www.nicjones.net/

Cheers, Hester

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

"Beer for my Horses" on the local country music station.

A few minutes ago, I was listening to myself... I called in to the radio station to comment on J.K. Rowling's refusal to hand over her one-and-only manuscript of the next Harry Potter book when boarding an international flight. Security made an exception and allowed her to carry on this one item at a time when carry-ons are forbidden.

...Actually the deejay was asking if listeners knew what item she was trying to carry-on ... I said it was a snake! She was trying to carry a snake on the plane! Doesn't she know they already made a movie out of that one?

...I guess he thought I was funny enough to put on the air.

04de8cfe.jpg

FH1040.jpg

Only if they are singing..

Snow Patrol... Chasing Cars

and Angel Eyes by Jeff heeley

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg