Check Out Me New Fancy Pirate Dress!

This dress is a gift, a thank-you present from Becky Cristler. Becky made my black dress with the red chemise that you've seen me wearing in most of my photos. She said that she wanted to make me something really special- a fancy dress for the pirate's ball and other events where a more elaborate dress could be worn. It was a thank-you for the referrals that have come her way as a result of Tales of the Seven Seas. This dress is red brocade- pretty awesome eh?!!! I haven't got it yet, but I just got the photos and had to show it off a bit!

FancyPirateDress1.jpg

FancyPirateDress2.jpg

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

Wow!!! Hot Stuff..., I need one more dress for my wife., and I like the dress I got her alot., but I wanted to get the next one from a differant maker., because differant people do things differantly..., AND THIS IS REALLY GREAT !., Can you post the link to your dressmaker ., My wife would like one of these very much.,

Just super

HarborMaster

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Ah, that's nice, lass.

Besides, black and red is so....run-of-the-mill...everyone and their dog is wearing it.

That is some fine handiwork, you should be proud to wear it.

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

Ah, that's nice, lass.

Besides, black and red is so....run-of-the-mill...everyone and their dog is wearing it.

That is some fine handiwork, you should be proud to wear it.

Not necessarily, luv.

I have a penchant for green, m'self. :) So what if it doesn' hide blood stains :lol:

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

-the only thing more dangerous than her.. is her needle-

'Tis truly beautiful... yer friend be wonderfully skilled... me 'at's off to 'er!

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

Actually Becky and I have never met in person. She makes the dresses as her business. She is TOP NOTCH and every wench I've sent to her has been thrilled with the results. These dresses are very flattering to all kinds of figures. Becky custom tailors the dresses to the wench's measurements and will make the dress in any color or fabric you choose. The bodice/skirt with a chemise is only $75 (this can vary with different types of fabric) which is not only very competative, but her quality is top-notch. I've abused the heck out of mine over the last year and it still looks great!

Here is her email, please let her know you found her through Tales of the Seven Seas or me:

sunset_red7@yahoo.com

Nigel, I'm surprised you said lots of wenches wear red and black. In all the events I've done, I've never seen anyone other than myself with a red chemise. They are almost always white. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think white is the only historically accurate color also.

Ne'er mind the comment, girls. 'Twas offhand, and not meant to offend.

Let's just say that I live in Seattle - goth central. After a while, black & red gets old.

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

T'was no offense Nigel m'dear, just a curiosity as it didn't quite mesh with me shades o' unreality.

Piracy is a funny goth cross-over. If ye' think Seattle be Goth Central, we gotta have ye' out to Santa Cruz one o' these witchin' hours n' compare notes. We' got pink "Candy Goth" pirates, an the "Maroon n' Black Crushed Velvet Blood Drinkers" an then there be th' silver n' black "Studs n' Leather With Piercings Pirates"... Oh wait, me mistake, the latter be relocated Raider's Fans!! LOL!!! :lol:

Great idea Ryanne.... I recently found out about a quaint rustic British tavern/inn with a fireside room you can rent for parties just outside of San Francisco- I had been thinking it might be fun to do something like there:

Pelican Inn

Wolfy, Becky's wench outfits rock- You'll love it! I truly can't say enough about how good her stuff is. She's also great to work with.

Tis a beautiful dress Quill. You be telling Sabre he's a lucky pirate.

Scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

That dress be absolutely gorgeous. This poor college student is quite envious! B)

"Pirates ... were of that old breed of rover whose port lay always a little farther on, a little beyond the skyline ... if they lived riotously let it be urged in their favor that at least they lived."

~ John Masefield

Those who live by the sword, get shot instead.

captainjackisback.jpg

Beautiful dress, Sweets, and I bet you will look amazing in it! All the pirates will be naming their ships after you.. I love the hat with it. Please post a pic of it on you when you get a chance!

The Pelican Inn is a great looking place. I can imagine a quiet evning in an overstuffed chair with a glass of Jameson's, a fire going, and the lights of the Bridge seen below.. ah! Bliss!

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

OMG! $75! How can she do it for that little? Just the fabric alone can cost that much.

Me hat's off t'yer friend, Quill. I'll be sure t'keep her e-mail handy and pass it along t'anyone I know what wants a dress like that. Even though I sew, I couldn't make a dress like that. I be a hack. :ph34r:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Piracy is a funny goth cross-over. If ye' think Seattle be Goth Central, we gotta have ye' out to Santa Cruz one o' these witchin' hours n' compare notes. We' got pink "Candy Goth" pirates, an the "Maroon n' Black Crushed Velvet Blood Drinkers" an then there be th' silver n' black "Studs n' Leather With Piercings Pirates"... Oh wait, me mistake, the latter be relocated Raider's Fans!! LOL!!! 

I could only wish goths out here in vegas (alot of em my friends ) had the gumption to do reenactment most of em just know ppl they can stay with at the local fair. Ive been trying to get a decent group started out hee for years but noone wants to put in the time. :o

• 8 months later...
I could only wish goths out here in vegas (alot of em my friends ) had the gumption to do reenactment most of em just know ppl they can stay with at the local fair. Ive been trying to get a decent group started out hee for years but noone wants to put in the time. :D

Hey, i will start a group with you... i'm in Vegas

Tis lovely and most beautiful and i thought the adj in japanesse for wonderful/splended/wow was rippa

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff