Pirate re-enactment demo

michaelsbagley

Dudes,

I can't believe you just called Cap'n Hurricane "Dude"

Get on more person turnin' blue and ye all can to Oralando an' be undestudies for the "Blue DUDE Crew" ..... er ..... "Group"

But I'm workin on my like totally new impression man, the dread pirate Keanu Reeves... It will be like totally excellent!

Michael_banner.jpg

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D:D:D

EXCELLENT!!!! :::Does the air guitar:::

Was bogus that the Blackbeard pirate dude didn't zap to party with Khan and Abe and the other dudes. That would have been totally righteous!

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the double posting.

Just letting you all know I won't be attending. Wish I could but can't. Long story short, too many issues and conflicts right now that doesn't allow me to make the trip.

I'm sorry to all. Again, wish I could be there.

Do have fun though.

~Lady B

wow!

you all are going to have a ton of fun!

and i know my men folk are going to have a blast! { i am loaning you four of them... can yah promise to return them in same or better condition? LOL }

i am actually starting to feel guilty for letting silas do all the sewing......

ah well-- i can assuage my guilt by sending tons of food......

Sorry you're not going to be able to make it Lady B!

Constance, I thank you so much for lending us your men-folk for the weekend. Any food you send will be most definitely appreciated. It's too bad the whole fam damily can't come! :D

On that note, it is just a couple of short weeks away... And if those coming could please start posting if they are still coming, hoping, unsure, or something has come up, it would be greatly appreciated. We just had a handful more sign on (who are rumoured to be bringing a canon!), so our latest numbers have an attendance of over 30 pirates, most of whom intending to sleep on board. This count does include the few that have had to back out so far. So unless we get a lot more people backing out than expected, it will be a very full ship!

Mark G. is working on some basic safety guidelines for the event, most of it will likely be the usual stuff that most attending should be familiar with, but any newer people to the scene will be taken aside and have the basics drilled into them. The one item that will likely differ from most events is that we may limit which decks can be fired from. Basically reserving the poop deck for test firing throughout the day, and we will likely clear the quarter deck for the battles both days and only permit specatators on the main deck. Please post any questions here, over the last few months I have recieved a fair bit of private correspondance about this event, and while that is cool, it has led to me needing to repeat some stuff. :D

Also know that we are aiming to start the "Dead Man's Chest" auction in the middle of next week on eBay. Links to all the items will be posted, there were a fair number of late submitted goods that will be auctioned off, including some really cool stuff! We are intending to set up the auction to end a few days after the event closes to give attendees and spectators a chance to get home and bid on any items they like. The items will be displayed throughout the event.

I think I may have put too much info here, but hey, I ramble, it's what I do. :D

Michael_banner.jpg

Wish I could be there. But just not sure I'll be able to.

But again, do have fun. :)

~Lady B

In a strange twist it looks like we're trading Red Jessi and Diosa for the Nina and Pinta that weekend while they're at the Santa Maria. Do two two caravels beat one in this game? :)

Anyone in the area should swing by while they're visiting in port. Worth the trip to St. Augustine.

ST. AUGUSTINE , Fla. (April 22) -- Replicas of Columbus' famous Nina and Pinta will sail into St. Augustine, the nation's first port, on Tuesday, May 5. Beginning Wednesday, May 6th, until their departure on May 18th, the two ships will be open to the public from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. daily at the St. Augustine City Marina.

The Nina was built completely by hand and without the use of power tools. Archaeology magazine called it "the most historically correct Columbus replica ever built." The craftsmanship and the details in the rigging make it a truly fascinating visit back to the Age of Discovery. The Nina was used in the production of the film "1492," starring Gerard Depardieu and directed by Ridley Scott.

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Dudes,

I can't believe you just called Cap'n Hurricane "Dude"

Get on more person turnin' blue and ye all can to Oralando an' be undestudies for the "Blue DUDE Crew" ..... er ..... "Group"

But I'm workin on my like totally new impression man, the dread pirate Keanu Reeves... It will be like totally excellent!

Capn' Keanu - NICE! Would your impression be really awful like his acting?

ihtcbanner.jpg

I will not be able to make it..........again. I do wish ya'll would move yer events and states closer to Florida. :( It would be more convenient for me. :(:huh:

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

In a strange twist it looks like we're trading Red Jessi and Diosa for the Nina and Pinta that weekend while they're at the Santa Maria. Do two two caravels beat one in this game? :)

With absolute certainty and without a moments hesitation.....we are. :blink:

whose gittin the better deal??

:lol:

Banner.jpg

Anyone in the area should swing by while they're visiting in port. Worth the trip to St. Augustine.

ST. AUGUSTINE , Fla. (April 22) -- Replicas of Columbus' famous Nina and Pinta will sail into St. Augustine, the nation's first port, on Tuesday, May 5. Beginning Wednesday, May 6th, until their departure on May 18th, the two ships will be open to the public from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. daily at the St. Augustine City Marina.

The Nina was built completely by hand and without the use of power tools. Archaeology magazine called it "the most historically correct Columbus replica ever built." The craftsmanship and the details in the rigging make it a truly fascinating visit back to the Age of Discovery. The Nina was used in the production of the film "1492," starring Gerard Depardieu and directed by Ridley Scott.

You will love the Nina. I saw her years ago at a tall ships festival. She's impressive, for what I can only describe as a very 'cozy' boat. You have to stand at her bow to fully appreciate the reckless, undaunted drive of Columbus and those who sailed with him into the unknown.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

With absolute certainty and without a moments hesitation.....we are. :D

:huh:

ah.... :lol: .....yeah...thats wot i meant too.... :blink: ....no really....thats wot i meant...?!?!? :huh:

(ppsssttt....they're not readin this are they??)

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

With absolute certainty and without a moments hesitation.....we are. :D

:blink:

ah.... :blink: .....yeah...thats wot i meant too.... :blink: ....no really....thats wot i meant...?!?!? :D

:blink:

uh-huh........ and reading it with over a week to plot and plan.......

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

With absolute certainty and without a moments hesitation.....we are. B)

B)

ah.... B) .....yeah...thats wot i meant too.... B) ....no really....thats wot i meant...?!?!? B)

B)

B)

You bring the hot sauce, I'll bring the nair. And he thought the hair cut at PIP was bad!

With absolute certainty and without a moments hesitation.....we are. B)

B)

ah.... B) .....yeah...thats wot i meant too.... B) ....no really....thats wot i meant...?!?!? :D

B)

B)

You bring the hot sauce, I'll bring the nair. And he thought the hair cut at PIP was bad!

B)

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

ok kate,

since you are the food coordinator wench, go to gal, bwoc,head honcho... you get the idea...

i am bringing........ one bottle rum, big 7 gallon drink container thingy, bag of apples, oranges, salted beef dip, spicy crab dip, tons o' crackers, port wine cheese, cheese and sausage, some homemade rolls, connie's baked craisin roll things ( the ones she made in kw ).....

and that's about all i can think of right now :)

Hey Silas-

The contribution is fabulous! Thank you SO much for helping out! I can't even function right now to think about the shopping and stuff that needs to be done. Maybe Diosa and Jessi can help me out with that when they get here? I will pass this along to Jennie too (or maybe Michael will) to let her know kinda what is going on.

Thanks, again. :)

Kate

Banner.jpg