Pyrate Sketchbooks

Pew

The problem that I'm having right now, is that I cant get the Spoiler coding to work right..... well it will do text, but not images..... as I posted in the sketchbook thread.... hey, those were the older cartoons......

I wanted to post the next two cartoons that I did in the sketchbooks (hey... Ransom already peeked at hers....) but I didn't wanna mess up the fun of seeing them for the first time..... the surprise kinda thing.... and not being able to get the spoiler tag to work is messing everything up........ growl......

But I really like how they came out...... I hadda share them with Ransom...... well she wouldn't ever get to see them if I didn't.....

But....... well I still wanna show them.......

SO my question is..... would it mess up anything if I did post the cartoon that I drew in the sketchbooks (for the third round).... or should I wait a few months and let everyone in the sketchbook project get to see them first (and maybe encourage more people for the fourth round :lol: )

Us Pyrate be a buncha showoffs..... but th' more we can showoff ter, th' better........ or somethin like that........

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, I say post em. just dont put in who gets what. That way keeps the participants guessing as to whether it be theirs or not. Otherwise it will be as you say months before you could post...and my thinking is (as I put some of my art up already too) even if we see it online t'ain't anything like seeing it in person. Especially if ya don't know if it belongs to a particular book or not.

OH, and yes perhaps some of the art tain't even in a sketchbook....yet that is. smile.

So, what's the harm says I?

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

Oi! PyrateTradingCo. Where's me October book? **sits at art table drumming my fingers, as the days slip by**

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Now that withoutaname has bade me more time, I will attempt to passthe flight time drawing on a 5 hour flight to las Vegas...knowing this is the only time I'm free. Though I guarantee you the red-eye on the way back will surely make for interesting creativity if I try. <_<

Edited by Matusalem
SHIP2-1.jpg

Oh, goodie, a two fer... :rolleyes: I'll keep an eye out for um.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

No worries, you guys. I know with the Pub being down, and the weather being crazy, that stuff got delayed. I just wanted, in a funny way, to touch bases, to see how things were going. Maybe I didn't sound funny enough? :blink: LOL

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Um, not to be a pain or anything but I still haven't received Oct's book.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

No craziness here. I do this to relax. No worries folks, just keep 'em floating around. The bump in the Pub server caused things to be a wee bit off for a bit.

'S all good.

I have Red Handed Jill's and Patrick's currently.

10/21 update:

Pew= RHJ's and Patrick's

Patrick Hand= Kate_Souris

Red Handed Jill= Pyrateleather

Pyrateleather= ____________________

Ransom= Callenish Gunner and Lady Cassandra's

Matusalem= ______________________

Withoutaname=____________________

Lady Cassandra Seahawke=__________

Capt Sophia Eisley=_________________

Kate_Souris=Withoutaname

Callenish Gunner=___________________

Remember, if you have an issue and your book might go out late, don't fret, jus' PM the pyrate in front o' ye t' let them know it may be a wee bit late...

OR,

If you haven't seen a book in a while, PM the pyrate ye may be recieving it from to find the whereabouts...

Who did I get mine from?

Who do I send the PM to?

Glad you asked:

• PEW: Annapolis, Md
  • Matusalem: Wanaque, NJ
  • withoutaname: Brooklyn, NY
  • Callenish Gunner: NW Pa
  • Lady Seahawke: Columbus, Oh
  • Kate_Souris: Columbus, Oh
  • pyrateleather: Shawnee, Ks
  • Ransom: Grants Pass, Or
  • Patrick Hand: Arnold, Ca
  • Red-Handed Jill: San Francisco, Ca
  • Cpt Sophia M Eisley: Orlando, Fl

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

none currently but got a message from Callenish that he would be sending Matusalem (Oct) and PEW's (Nov) to me shortly.

OH PEW, in the list above ya forgot Kate slides in between me and Pyrateleather

Edited by Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...

Today I received Callenish Gunner's and Lady Cassandra's books.

Guess I know what I'll be working on this week! :lol:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Hummm... drat... I don't remember who's sketchbook it is... but it has a cool cartoon in it....

Anyway... I sent it to Red Handed Jill today.... with the updated address that she sent me.......

(dang... that Ol' Jack be good fer somethin' sometimes ain't he...) :blink:

<the last sketchbook I sent out didn't have the apartment number... and Jack caught the postman in time to fix everything....cool.....>

OH..Yeah..... hadda show it to the Post Mistress.... she knows alla bout the Pyrate Sketchbooks (well I tell her)... but I hadda show her it before I put it into the envelope....

There are some really good thing about living in a small town..... and hell that was one of them..... :blink:

Oh, I don't know. Towns a bit bigger are fun too. Last time I took a book in (I usually go to the same lady) the first thing she asked me was "So, what did you do for Talk Like a Pyrate Day?" I thought that was kinda kewl. And she always looks at the pictures I put on the outside of the mailing envelopes. :blink:

I'm still working on the two books that I have. Hope to get Lady Seahawke's book out to Patrick by the end of this week, first of next. Then I'll finish up Callenish Gunner's.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Hummm... drat... I don't remember who's sketchbook it is... but it has a cool cartoon in it....

Anyway... I sent it to Red Handed Jill today.... with the updated address that she sent me.......

(dang... that Ol' Jack be good fer somethin' sometimes ain't he...) B)

<the last sketchbook I sent out didn't have the apartment number... and Jack caught the postman in time to fix everything....cool.....>

Jack is good for a lot of things... B)

And speaking of small towns, I don't live in one, but I had a "small world" encounter today. I was shopping at Trader Joe's and heard a small child say, "Pirate! Pirate!" Knowing that Trader Joe's sometimes incorporates pirate themes into their store, I looked around for the pirate decorations. But the kid was pointing at me. Apparently he met me at an event and was able to recognize me even in civvies.

Edited by Red-Handed Jill

RHJMap.jpg

I am suppose to be getting Oct & Nov books at the same time here shortly

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

...Amazon by Blood...