Pyrate Sketchbooks

Pew

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Like Patrick said, we'll probably begin the next round with books being mailed out August 1 or so.

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

OK seeing as we're starting in July/August count me in.

I'm in Florida

curious about how many pages should the book have??

12 people - 12 months 3 or 4 pages each... I'm assuming about 50 pages should do it...am I right more of less?

Edited by RustyNell

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce

Yup, seems like most people do 3-5 pages, 50 or so pages should do... This is my first round on the sketchbook project & I really enjoy seeing all of the cool stuff that people add to everyone's books as they pass through.

I'm still anxiously awaiting this month's book so I can get to drawing & such.

Is there anyone thinking about being the Cat Wrangler....er, organizer....for the next round? Cat Wrangler is kinda a joke between organizers, but I must say, this third round seems to be progressing nicely, with no major issues. **knocks on wood***

Former organizers are Ransom, Patrick Hand, and currently Pew.

It'll be awhile yet, but think about it....somebody....please. :rolleyes:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Yup, seems like most people do 3-5 pages, 50 or so pages should do... This is my first round on the sketchbook project & I really enjoy seeing all of the cool stuff that people add to everyone's books as they pass through.

I'm still anxiously awaiting this month's book so I can get to drawing & such.

I am useless...I forgot about it due to the RF 5 hubub going on in the house and forgot to mail it. It's almost done....scrapbooked pages...gotta do some lettering. Will mail Saturday.

Banner.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Matusalem's box and book will be going out to Patrick either tomorrow, or Monday at the latest.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

So Kate and RHJ don't have books? How is this possible? Everyone should either have one book, or be sending one out. Who has more than one book currently?

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Mailed Matusalem's wonderful box to Patrick today.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Mailed Matusalem's wonderful box to Patrick today.

It arrived today.....

Lotsa cool stuff, Now to decide what I'll add....... :ph34r:

Hummm..... Maybe somethin' 'bout.....Undead Ninja Pyrates ?

:lol:

just got a book yesterday, ....must apologize .... m'ticker has been acting up a bit lately so am behind in things but, doing a bit better now, I won't skimp on any... and will be catching up here quickly.

Sorry about the delay

Edited by Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

• 2 weeks later...

As yet, I do not have the book for March from Pyrateleather. However, I do know that he received the book late in Feb., and I told him he could take some extra time with it, if he needed to. This is mainly a heads up for Patrick that his April book may arrive a week or so after the first of the month, depending on when I get the book and how fast I can get the artwork done. <_<

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Here's the original list:

• PEW: Annapolis, Md
    V
  • Matusalem: Wanaque, NJ
    V
  • withoutaname: Brooklyn, NY
    V
  • Callenish Gunner: NW Pa
    V
  • Lady Seahawke: Columbus, Oh
    V
  • Kate_Souris: Canal Winchester, Oh
    V
  • pyrateleather: Shawnee, Ks
    V
  • Ransom: Gants Pass, Or
    V
  • Patrick Hand: Arnold, Ca
    V
  • Red-Handed Jill: San Francisco, Ca
    V
  • Cpt Sophia M Eisley: Orlando, Fl
    V
  • Pew...

pirate41.gif

It's mid-March. If you have not seen a book yet for this month, please pm me.

It is integral to the project that these books are sent and received in a timely fashion. For Callenish not to receive a book since December is morally reprehensible.

If you are not able to participate in the project anymore, please let us know, (or myself by pm), so that there is not a bump in the handoffs.

Okey-dokey.

Let's try this.

Each artist, (some of you already have), please PM me and simply tell me whose book(s) you have. Those of you who have other means to get ahold of the artists, please do so as some have not been responding to private messages. Then I can retrace each step and figure out where the problem may be.

Luckily one of my undergrad degrees is in criminalistics.

mdis_0000_0003_0_img0101.jpg

"Watson, the game is afoot."