National Walk the Plank competion

I have no doubt you'll kick his arse the next time around... Heck... he knew for a year he was doing it and had all that planning time... you were just a smidge behind him with little to no prep time.... It's all yours next time around!!!!

Aye, there be that. Also, I really want some more o that fine wine! A prize ye can drink! I already have some ideas ....

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I promise I won't forget the "damned" paperwork next year either, sir. I will read the charges as presented. And I agree -- you were sooooo close.

Plus I heard D'ogge is going to plead he's with child next year and can't defend his crown. Hey, didn't Anne and Mary try that defense?

Good luck on a year of planning to come, Spike!

-- Hurricane

Oy Hurricane, always with the paperwork hehehe ......... It looked like Not Nigel was with child this year too. What is the gestation period anyway? Figures he would plead a bellyache. He ain't a getting out of it that easy! Gotta work on a better plead, but I don't know if I got it in me. I prefer the threats!

Edited by Spike

I plan on going for the win next year. Although it was interesting getting to rescue Spike's balls :rolleyes:

Ay Shiela and MUCH appreciated. One were floating and the other were still smoking even after being dunked in the water!

Sheila, didn't you volunteer to be Spike's flotation device next year? After all, you already have his balls now. :)

-- Hurricane

Edited by hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Sheila, didn't you volunteer to be Spike's flotation device next year? After all, you already have his balls now. :)

-- Hurricane

Wait a second... that's #3 ye be talkin' about...

Always looking out for me, That's why I married ya Harry B)

Sheila forever!

Green, it's not a color, it'a obsession!!!

Can we have a duel to the death over her next year? Love a fight to the death, as long as it's not mine.

Sorry, Harry - forgot she were spoken for...

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

oi....tis lonely at the top...everyone nibbling on yur heels....sigh

actually ...tis the truth bout bein wit child....will have 2 of em this time next year....but you guys are fergittin the other half of those damn Beach Boys!??!! B)

me brother...Tiger Billie...couldano make it this year....but is still a co-chapion of 2007....and will be lookin to regain the championship on his arrival...in 2009....

we would have both shown up this year...but dont think the competion couldve handled the both of us.....

oi spikey....looks like ya'll still be a loser to a BeachBoy......sigh B)

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

Oooo, the Co-champion Brother Invocation.... Bloody Brilliant 'Dogge!!!!!

Eventually we're going to have to do DNA testing if you come up with any other brothers... beginning to feel like the Chinese in the last Olympics.

It's bad enough you're starting to spawn your own future champions for the 19th and 20th Annual Walk the Plank Championships.

-- Hurricane

Edited by hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Next time I am going to give these men a run for their money, it's time for the females to make a comeback!!

Maybe next year we need to team up...I'm definitely in for next year.

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce

Next time I am going to give these men a run for their money, it's time for the females to make a comeback!!

Unfortunately it is a single person event, but I think the issue is we rarely have a lot of women sign up. we just need more women. I will tell you, I have decided I want to try for it next year... I think Hurricane loves the idea of tossing me into the drink too....

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Unfortunately it is a single person event, but I think the issue is we rarely have a lot of women sign up. we just need more women. I will tell you, I have decided I want to try for it next year... I think Hurricane loves the idea of tossing me into the drink too....

Hey .......but the first year Dogge won the both of them, he and Billy went in so should he forfeit his first year win then???

RNR2.gif

Ambrose Bierce

Hey .......but the first year Dogge won the both of them, he and Billy went in so should he forfeit his first year win then???

Dogge and Billy had actually entered individually but ended up going off together. But for the most part, no, that is not supposed to happen. Mainly it is a safety issue because there is not supposed to be more than one person on the plank at a time......and it makes it more fair in judging.

Does he have to give up the first year win, no, the individual rule was made hard and fast this year and will follow through from now on.

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Oi the lads did ask permission last year and were granted it... and btw, that picture of Dogge going in the drink is priceless... well done!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Oi the lads did ask permission last year and were granted it... and btw, that picture of Dogge going in the drink is priceless... well done!

Never fear, I am not saying they did anything wrong. at the time it worked.... but hindsight being the thing it is, the safety was an issue as the plank is not hard attached to the ship and they damn near had the company of the folks who were holding it down when going into the drink :)

Thus the rule change for safety purposes

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

do controversies never ceese 'round the Beach Boys??? :P

i BELIEVE.....last year marked not only the very first time anyone had gone off sword fighting....but it was considered a TIE.....we did not win as a team....and therefore had to share the loot and title as co-champions......still in accordance with the rules then and now....

and yes...we did ask permision from both hurricane as well as captain marcy and the crewe of the wolfe...and got the ok ahead of time for the saftey aspect...and even modified it so we could do it in a safe...and yet rougish way.

contrary to popular belief...there is actually quite a bit of pre-planning in what we do....behind the scenes....for saftey....we just make it look like we pulled it out of our arse....anytime we're quiet...it means we're plottin.... ;)

and somone better step up their game a bit next time....or i will be forced to withdraw from the competion and stay home a year or two....otherwise i would seem glutton...always taking home an easy prize.

;)

remember.....dont hate me 'cause i'm better than you....hate me 'cause i'm prettierthan you..... ;)

do controversies never ceese 'round the Beach Boys??? :P

i BELIEVE.....last year marked not only the very first time anyone had gone off sword fighting....but it was considered a TIE.....we did not win as a team....and therefore had to share the loot and title as co-champions......still in accordance with the rules then and now....

and yes...we did ask permision from both hurricane as well as captain marcy and the crewe of the wolfe...and got the ok ahead of time for the saftey aspect...and even modified it so we could do it in a safe...and yet rougish way.

contrary to popular belief...there is actually quite a bit of pre-planning in what we do....behind the scenes....for saftey....we just make it look like we pulled it out of our arse....anytime we're quiet...it means we're plottin.... ;)

Yep, you're correct, it was considered a tie. I think you just want a controversy... I already said there wasn't one, oh yeah... you don't read my posts so I suppose that doesn't matter....

I am starting to think you just want attention by playing the 'poor Dogge...everyone is out to get him' game :)

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Who?? Maddogge?? **trying hard to look shocked at the notion**

Edited by Capt. Sterling

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

I am starting to think you just want attention by playing the 'poor Dogge...everyone is out to get him' game :)

wait a minute....i saw the taping with Kosta...everyone WAS out to git me.....no wonder i'm so damn paranoid... ;)

now everytime i close my eyes...i think someone is sneaking thru my room lookin to steal the "green fairies"..... ;) ...hide little fairies....hide...hide in the onion bottles...

oh thats right...after 2 years....their both broke....anyone make em outta plastic??

I saw some documentation on pewter onion bottles for wine... we should have one made up special, JUST fer you...

OR stop wearing it on a sash... Diosa just filled an entire tankard with the stuff, just fer me... thank God, Silkie had some of it, or I'd still be laughing down at the beach...

Edited by Capt. Sterling

Crewe of the Archangel

I saw some documentation on pewter onion bottles for wine... we should have one made up special, JUST fer you...

fer me??...i havnt broke one yet.... ;) ...(looks at Billie and Diosa)...they're such good "chums"...that they break em for me so i dont have to.....

anyone else notice that you also "chum" for sharks???? ;) ...(remind me not to go swimming with them....)

Ye have a good point there, half the time ye don't even break yer pipes either...

Crewe of the Archangel

geeesh I wasn't trying to cause any controversy.... I swear!! PIRATES!!!..... always trying to defend themselves. Babies!! I just wanted to go off the deep end with all the other girls, since we're so much better at it! huh Diosa?!!

(steals the fairy and jumps into the drink) WHO WINS NOW~!~~

mwwwahahahaha. MINE MINE MINE!!

RNR2.gif

Ambrose Bierce

Damnation, she's gotten it full of sea water... tis no good now...

Crewe of the Archangel