National Walk the Plank competion

really startin to re-think wearrin the armour....how hard is it swimin' in a corset??? :unsure:

Don't worry Dogge... I'm the safety officer. I will be ready and willing to save most people, were there to be issues... although I may make an exception in your case ;)

Although, if you are wearing the armor, you have better chances as I would want the armor....

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*begins to ponder how well she could swim in corsetry....

I wouldn't recommend it... yer skirts will be enough of a challenge, and just think, ye drown and Maddogge will have to jump in and save ye and give ye mouth to mouth... and I mean just the thought of Maddogge...giving... ack... gag

OI!!!!!.......i CAN read ya know!!!!!!

oi...HurryCaine....hows we gittin back after we're pushed off the boat???....sure swim ta shore....then wot???? ....swim back to the boat???...swim back to camp?? how far we got to swim????

really startin to re-think wearrin the armour....how hard is it swimin' in a corset??? :unsure:

You have two options. You can swim to the back side of the Wolf and climb back aboard. Most swim to shore because that's where the awards are presented at the end of the event. Otherwise, you have to wait to sail back to the seaport and walk back to Pier House.

Pier House is right at the water's edge of Duval, near the Conch Train station. So, you can do the math on how far it is from the fort. I know you can do the math. Come, on. I know you can do it. Even Animal can do the cyperin'.

-- Hurricaen

yup, yup, I can cupherin wit de best o dem. Let me show you.

If your buyin shots, 1 fer me and 2 fer you = 2

If I'm buyin shots 1 fer me and 2 fer you = 0 fer you cause I drank them first.

A case of rum is 12 bottles. Divide that between Dogge and Animal = 2 (passed out pyrates)

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

*begins to ponder how well she could swim in corsetry....

I wouldn't recommend it... yer skirts will be enough of a challenge, and just think, ye drown and Maddogge will have to jump in and save ye and give ye mouth to mouth... and I mean just the thought of Maddogge...giving... ack... gag

OI!!!!!.......i CAN read ya know!!!!!!

oi...HurryCaine....hows we gittin back after we're pushed off the boat???....sure swim ta shore....then wot???? ....swim back to the boat???...swim back to camp?? how far we got to swim????

really startin to re-think wearrin the armour....how hard is it swimin' in a corset??? :D

You have two options. You can swim to the back side of the Wolf and climb back aboard. Most swim to shore because that's where the awards are presented at the end of the event. Otherwise, you have to wait to sail back to the seaport and walk back to Pier House.

Pier House is right at the water's edge of Duval, near the Conch Train station. So, you can do the math on how far it is from the fort. I know you can do the math. Come, on. I know you can do it. Even Animal can do the cyperin'.

-- Hurricaen

A case of rum is 12 bottles. Divide that between Dogge and Animal = 2 (passed out pyrates)

Animal

not sure 'bout the rest o' ya...but whene'er i puts "1" & "1 " togever...i gits ...11.... :D

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

Animal

not sure 'bout the rest o' ya...but whene'er i puts "1" & "1 " togever...i gits ...11.... :D

It figures..why am I not surprised? :D

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Animal

not sure 'bout the rest o' ya...but whene'er i puts "1" & "1 " togever...i gits ...11.... :lol:

It figures..why am I not surprised? <_<

Hey, Daogge and I are mata...mathe....mathooo......cypherin genis ya know. We Gradeated magnum com louder.

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

• 2 weeks later...

We currently have eight contestants of the 13 positions for the Walk the Plank Championships.

As I am leaving for Key West Friday, I need the applications in ASAP. I believe the prize pot is getting bigger, but can't tell you what's in it yet.

So far, Rusty Nell, D'ogge, Animal, Silkie, Blue Eyed Scott and our TV guy, Michael, are in the lineup of victims, uh, contestants. We also have two crew members from the WOLF. That leaves (counts fingers) 5 more spaces.

It's your chance to be on TV, go for the glory, defeat D'ogge, and win the big prizes. Plus, you'll automatically defend your title next year.

If you didn't get your application yet, download it here and send it in to me by email or fax it to: 509-931-0776.

The application is at: http://www.piratesinparadise.com/walk-plank-entry.pdf

-- Hurricane

Edited by hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I would happliy take the long step of the short plank.... But I won't be rolling into Key West until late Thursday afternoon or perhaps (pending traffic or other delays) not getting there until Thursday evening...

What time is the contest? Not that it is likely I can be there anyways.... :rolleyes:

Michael_banner.jpg

The Walk the Plank Championships are from 3 to 4 p.m. on the Schooner Wolf.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

Well, if I roll into Key West by that time and there is still an empty slot, I will head straight for it...

But it would probably be best if a slot not be held for me, as it is very up in the air as to whether I can be there by that time.

Cheers!

The Walk the Plank Championships are from 3 to 4 p.m. on the Schooner Wolf.

-- Hurricane

Michael_banner.jpg

For those who haven't seen the championships, here's last year's contest, featuring Billy and D'ogge, William and some other familiar faces:

http://www.digitalislandmedia.com/Walk_the..._the_plank.html

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Praise justice has shined on Rusty Nell!! I've been saved from the drink, I 'ave! Me cappy, that notorious scoundrel Bloody Spike Pierce has committed crimes far worse than I.... aye, tis true!! and luck be mine me crews forgotten what er wrong I'd done 'em.

Edited by RustyNell

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce

Aye, Dogge did you proud.

He is now the only repeat winner of the Walk the Plank Championship taking the contest with a 145 out of 160 possible points for this watery trip!

Second place was Captain Spike of the Bone Island Buccaneers

Third was Michael Kosta from the TV production group doing America's Best.

Diosa

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

You guys made USA Today news today! Inside the third page, lower left column there is a short paragraph and a small photo showing hurricane(?) pushing Michael Kosta(?) overboard with a cutlass. Photo is too small and of poor resolution so I cannot tell who else may be there. Sure was suprised to see it as I browsed the paper over coffee in the commons today.

COOL! I read the USA Today paper on campus most of the time.

bo

Edited by Capt. Bo of the WTF co.

Congratulations to D'ogge. A right good win it was and fair and square.

The National Walk the Plank Championships even made Good Morning America as well as national attention in print, including USA Today. The Pyrates of the Coast look forward to the 2009 Championship - same place and same format.

Someone has to find a way to beat the "wet D'ogge". He seems unbeatable!!!!

Here's a video feed of this year's victims:

http://www.necn.com/Boston/Arts-Entertainm...1228695043.html

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Unbeatable??? ....as Captain Spike so eloquently put it he be "second to none", and though Not Nigel may be a champion cannon-baller that notorious pirate hunter couldn't find his skull if it were attached... which it wasn't ... well attached anyway... I think there's a screw loose or something... Madd Dogge...missing something???

Edited by RustyNell

RNR2.gif

Ambrose Bierce

OK,m as promised, I have a few of the wonderful pics the Callahans took from PIP. Here are the first ones I have been able to sort through of the Walk the Plank Championship....

First, Capt Spike of the Bone Island Buccaneers.

Plank1.jpg

Sheila of Pyrates of the Coast

Plank2.jpg

M.A.d'Dogge of the Archangel

Plank3.jpg

And a wet Dogge.....

Plank4.jpg

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

I plan on going for the win next year. Although it was interesting getting to rescue Spike's balls :lol:

LOL great balls of steel and fire LOL, thanks Sheila. maybe next year I'll join ya. i wanted to do it this year but the crew insisted I not jump in that water a month after surgery. honestly with no beach to swim to I'm not so sure I'd have made it back on board. Bummed I missed the thing all together though. Would have loved to see it this year, looks like everyone went all out.

RNR2.gif

Ambrose Bierce

OK,m as promised, I have a few of the wonderful pics the Callahans took from PIP. Here are the first ones I have been able to sort through of the Walk the Plank Championship....

Thanks Diosa and Hurricane for such a great event at PIP. This was me first time off the plank, but I aon't letting that MAD Dogge get ahead of me next year.

Oh crap - SPLASH

Thanks Diosa and Hurricane for such a great event at PIP. This was me first time off the plank, but I aon't letting that MAD Dogge get ahead of me next year.

Oh crap - SPLASH

I have no doubt you'll kick his arse the next time around... Heck... he knew for a year he was doing it and had all that planning time... you were just a smidge behind him with little to no prep time.... It's all yours next time around!!!!

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

I promise I won't forget the "damned" paperwork next year either, sir. I will read the charges as presented. And I agree -- you were sooooo close.

Plus I heard D'ogge is going to plead he's with child next year and can't defend his crown. Hey, didn't Anne and Mary try that defense?

Good luck on a year of planning to come, Spike!

-- Hurricane

Oh crap - SPLASH

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny