National Walk the Plank competion

OI!!!!...whats this??? ... :D ...Someone went and did a dastardly deed!!!...indeed.... :lol: ...SOMEONE....went and moved the NATIONAL WALK THE PLANK COMPETION...from SATURDAY NIGHT...to THURsDAY AFTERNOON!!!!

seems to me....SOME people must be on the jealous side...too go to the legth of actually moving the date...and NOT TELLING the 2007 NATIONAL WALK THE PLANK co/CHAMPIONS!!!!!..... :D

well....seems to me...MAYBE....ssomone else...should just go and tell last yaers CHAMPIONS....(M.A.d'Dogge's Brother & M.A.d'Dogge).....about the moved date...and see if they can actually make it a day or two earlier than planned.....

HA!! :D

that ought taaa teach ya damn dirty pirates!!!! :D

seems like something i would have done....wish i had thought of it.... :D

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is unusual. Usually we don't have repeat entrants in the Walk the Plank Championship. The winners never even have the decency to show up to collect their award for some reason.

I suppose next you're going to tell me you can swim. Damn your miserable hide.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Award? What award? Hmmm being captain and all...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

You mean you didn't get a share?

Bad crew. Bad crew...

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

yeah...last year i had to swim with 2 swords.... :lol: ....brother billie pulled the whole...."but i only have one lung" routine.. :D ..."besides they are YOUR swords".. :D .....so ok...i can swim with 2 swords....just not likeing the whole"but this year wear your armour".... :D ....wonder how long i can hold me breath??? :D

Hold it for six minutes and we'll let you be the Davy Jones Locker Champ too... :lol:

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

me wif read this...and is trying to git me to practice holding my breath.... :unsure:

'course she's doin this in the middle of the night...while i am asleep...wit a pillow over me face.... :(

shes says i'll be a shoe in... :( ...if i can survive the practice that is???

ROTDLMBAO!!!! Right then I shall forgo my share to see that!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

• 4 months later...

Ahoy all!

The prizes for this year's National Walk the Plank Championship are being bottled up now! They are limited edition wine bottles, that are only being made for the 3rd, 2nd and 1st places. The higher you rank, the more wine you win.

Where else do you get trophies you can drink? Then you can keep the bottle as your claim to winning!

Diosa

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Ahoy all!

The prizes for this year's National Walk the Plank Championship are being bottled up now! They are limited edition wine bottles, that are only being made for the 3rd, 2nd and 1st places. The higher you rank, the more wine you win.

Where else do you get trophies you can drink? Then you can keep the bottle as your claim to winning!

Diosa

The winnings are drinkable?

*begins to ponder how well she could swim in corsetry....

One of my fondest memories from last year came when Diosa gifted me with several bottles of wine at the pig roast. She gave me a big hug and said, in a tone both apologetic and humorous, "We just found out that you don't drink."

Of course, I laughed, because it was at least the third gift of libations I had received that year. I just smiled and said, "I'm the quartermaster. I am supposed to keep the other pirates drunk and happy."

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

I wouldn't recommend it... yer skirts will be enough of a challenge, and just think, ye drown and Maddogge will have to jump in and save ye and give ye mouth to mouth... and I mean just the thought of Maddogge...giving... ack... gag

Crewe of the Archangel

William...you are always the diplomat.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

I genuinely appreciated the sentiment. Besides, I'm the designated helmsman.

But no one was sailing no where... we all walked..

Crewe of the Archangel

We were on the water about 90% of the time. See...this is why you don't remember Barcelona.

ON the water? Perhaps in the water ...but on the water?

Crewe of the Archangel

This year "walkers" will be sailing on the Wolf a brief spell. We will all be heading over to the seaport and boarding the Wolf and then heading over to Pier House and anchoring. We face back to the beach in a small little inlet that survivors can swim to shore if they like. For those there in 2005, this is where we did the 2nd annual Walk the Plank Championships. Calm water, great viewpoints from the beach and the Pier House area.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

I wouldn't recommend it... yer skirts will be enough of a challenge, and just think, ye drown and Maddogge will have to jump in and save ye and give ye mouth to mouth... and I mean just the thought of Maddogge...giving... ack... gag

OI!!!!!.......i CAN read ya know!!!!!!

oi...HurryCaine....hows we gittin back after we're pushed off the boat???....sure swim ta shore....then wot???? ....swim back to the boat???...swim back to camp?? how far we got to swim????

really startin to re-think wearrin the armour....how hard is it swimin' in a corset??? :(

Ha! But I've got breeches from Jas. Townsend & Son!

oi...HurryCaine....hows we gittin back after we're pushed off the boat???....sure swim ta shore....then wot???? ....swim back to the boat???...swim back to camp?? how far we got to swim????

really startin to re-think wearrin the armour....how hard is it swimin' in a corset??? :o

I'm thinking it depends on how tight yer laced...

really startin to re-think wearrin the armour....how hard is it swimin' in a corset??? :o

You have two options. You can swim to the back side of the Wolf and climb back aboard. Most swim to shore because that's where the awards are presented at the end of the event. Otherwise, you have to wait to sail back to the seaport and walk back to Pier House.

Pier House is right at the water's edge of Duval, near the Conch Train station. So, you can do the math on how far it is from the fort. I know you can do the math. Come, on. I know you can do it. Even Animal can do the cyperin'.

-- Hurricaen

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

You have two options. You can swim to the back side of the Wolf and climb back aboard. Most swim to shore because that's where the awards are presented at the end of the event. Otherwise, you have to wait to sail back to the seaport and walk back to Pier House.

Pier House is right at the water's edge of Duval, near the Conch Train station. So, you can do the math on how far it is from the fort. I know you can do the math. Come, on. I know you can do it. Even Animal can do the cyperin'.

-- Hurricaen

OI... i says i can READ...nobody sayd nuthin 'bout Math.... :o

For the math challenged Dogge, it's a 1.2 mile stagger from the Pier House to the encampment, assuming you don't stop at the Green Parrot, which add a tenth of a mile to the journey.

Walking directions to Unknown road

1.2 mi – about 22 mins

Via Front St, Emma St, Southard St - remove all

1 Duval St

Key West, FL 33040

1. Head southeast on Duval St toward Wall St

289 ft

2. Turn right at Front St

0.4 mi

3. Continue on Emma St

0.1 mi

4. Turn right at Southard St

295 ft

5. Turn left at Fort St

0.5 mi

Unknown road

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny