Disney LAND

El Pirata

Which is your idea of Disney?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your idea of Disney?

• Disney Land
    • Disney World

I guess I'm a disney WORLD type, never having been to disney LAND....Even tho' The Pirates of the Carribean was COSED FOR REMODELING 2 of the 3 times I went to that f*****g place!

Sorry about the language. I just miss it sometimes, people. I miss it. When I was eight, my life was so clear. I would be a pirate. But you get older, and other things catch your interest, and you get a job at an ice cream store called the Yum Yum Tree, and how can you become a pirate after that? An you go to a good university and get a degree in English and realize that you don't like kids but you'll never make money with the dang thing other than the pennies you'll make teaching and you find your self grinding away at menial jobs until your total lack of professional experience is such an albatross around your neck you find yourself frozen in place like the ancient mariner, but when you were a kid, you knew that you could be a pirate....

*sniffle*

I need some ice cream.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Thank you.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Hey, Look! I'm a captain! yaaaay! ;);););););) :)

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Well, the pirate part of me says rum raisin, of course. But the former ice cream shop clerk part of me thinks rum raisin is sort of like butter pecan: a perfectly good flavor, but one overwhelming preffered by old people. So Cherry ice cream would be delicious.

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Ice cream? what kinda piratical talk is that mates! ;)

actually, for those of you interested in

taking trips to either "majic kingdom"

if you run a search for "teh laughing place"

or try www.thelaughingplace.com

they have a listing of ride closures at both parks

to help people plan their vacations and unwanted ugly suprises!

Cheers

Redhand

:lol:

I've actually been to both and rode both POTC rides.

I like the way the one in Cali builds ya up to the invasion.

Ya starts off in that calm bayou with the guy strummin on the banjo.

Then the drama builds as ya progress through the tunnels.

The Florida one is cool, don't get me wrong. But it comes at ya so fast.

It just feels different than the California one.

I also like the Pyrate shop (Pieces of Eight) in California better than the one in Florida.

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

Well I be biased because I lives near the California one. And it be the first park, so there be history there.

However, judging by the voting, the majority of ye are closer to the Florida park.

I only been there once.

After I be married.

It were a Mickey Mouse Honeymoon. :lol:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Couldn't vote... too split to decide. Went to DisneyWorld a lil' over twenty years ago and have fond memories of Epcot. Now, with the new space thingy, it looks like it would be pretty neat.

OTOH, I've got an annual pass to DisneyLand and the Holy Trio of Rides Mad Gracie and I do every trip: POTC, Haunted Mansion and Indiana Jones. We'd do Space Mountain but there's not really much open in the TomorrowLand section of the park right now (a serious bummer... I blame Micheal Eisner (but then, who doesn't?)).

I'd lean LAND, but not so much to cast a vote on it.

Only by great risks can great results be achieved.

-Xerxes