Roll Call 2008

William Brand

Mr. Wake?... :ph34r: .....William??... :huh: ...i dont seem to remember him???...was he even there last year???.... :huh: .....all i seem to recall is some little red-haired scallywag...that got so underfoot that we finally put him in irons.... :huh: ...and let the snotties keep 'im as a pet..... :huh: ....surely we're not talkin 'bout the same individual???.... ;) ....i thought we all took a vote that he was to be flogged on site if we were ever to see 'im again???..... ;) .....an sumbody wants to have a fundraiser for im????..... :huh: .......why??.... :ph34r: .....wait a minute.....he has a wife???..... :ph34r: ......heard she was cute.... :ph34r: ...can she cook??......ok.....if there is a fundraiser for his WIFE to go..... ;) ....ok ....count me as a maybe....... :ph34r:

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to cast my lot among the possible attendees of PiP this year, as well as some of my crew, The Cursed Few. I will reveal more solid details like names and numbers as they unfold to me later on, but for now, at least, please count me among the tentative attendees. :rolleyes:

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

• 2 weeks later...
I'd like to cast my lot among the possible attendees of PiP this year, as well as some of my crew, The Cursed Few. I will reveal more solid details like names and numbers as they unfold to me later on, but for now, at least, please count me among the tentative attendees. :blink:

So many new people and crews. Excellent. I would like to be updating the roll daily, so sound off!

Ā 

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Ā 

Aye, we'll be attending again this year. I thought I posted that in here, but I gather I am losing what's left of my mind these days.

Contrary to the above statement, I will not be going as the town crazy person (nor the town provider of male comfort) hopefully by December I will be able to provide demos to miniature painting. Both J and I may be AB Crew of at least well on our way to that, if a ship be lookin' for assistance and we both row wooden boats for fun if anyone needs help with an attack.

As of now, we are not camping but may be persuaded to rough it a night for the right type of rum...I mean price.

"It is more like I am transitioning from a pirate hobby to the pirate lifestyle"- me

pub_footer.jpg

You are more than welcome to join us in the Mercury encampment, and when I say 'us', I mean those in attendence.

well then count us in! I will have to figure out a tent situation by then and sending it ahead of time but I think I have some time to get the wheels turning.

"It is more like I am transitioning from a pirate hobby to the pirate lifestyle"- me

pub_footer.jpg

'Tis true, that a ghostly apparition did in fact appear in Master Willam's tent.

I had to slow up on my reading of this here web site for a while and I start to catch up on my reading only to find our Quartermaster trying to slip quietly over the side. Unacceptable, says I.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so I already miss everyone and need to escape again!!

For PIP I have off the 6th 7th and 8th (Sat, Sun, Mon) I'm going to try for Thurs and Friday off today and see if it's possible. If not I'll try to pull a trade!!

How far is the airport and who's staying til Monday??

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

yo Rats....I'm shootin for Thursday noonish....til Tuesday afternoon.....wots that Dec 4 - 9......thats wot i did last year...and just didnt quite seem long enough.....

more fun than NC...gotta shoot for an extra day or two...too many things we missed last year!!!

and yes thar will be a pub crawl to the "GARDEN OF EDEN"....led by Iron John and his wife.....

willy wobble....whooohooooo!!!!

by and by...airport is litterally....5 minutes away...walking

There are plenty of folks who can make the airport run and pick you up. Just let folks know here when you need to be picked up and we'll all provide the cell phone numbers.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Dear Dear Dogge.... I hate to disagree with you.... (ok, well maybe not...)

I doubt even you and your 'svelte self' can really make that walk in 5 minutes... it's a bit further than that...

But a walk through Key West is never a bad thing and only Pansy Pirate couldn't make it.... You may want to invest in rolling luggage.....

Or get in contact with some of us local-ish folks who will have vehicles in tow and we'll take care of you.... ok... well Dogge...maybe not you (unless I get to play with your armor then there's room for negotiation).... but anyone else....

By the way, our crewe all staying till Monday.......

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Ok so I already miss everyone and need to escape again!!

For PIP I have off the 6th 7th and 8th (Sat, Sun, Mon) I'm going to try for Thurs and Friday off today and see if it's possible. If not I'll try to pull a trade!!

How far is the airport and who's staying til Monday??

The airport is thousands of miles away... but I shall make Jack drive me over to say hi and maybe take your gear back to camp... actually the airport was very interesting... Jack and I had our picture taken quite a bit and ... oh well never mind the rest...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Since the island is only four miles long and the airport is roughly at one end and the fort at the other...I'd say it's about 3-1/2 Miles or so. (And the walk from the airport to some decent shade is probably 2 of those miles. Nice view, though. Be sure to oil those little wheels on the bottom of your luggage.

ā€œWe either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.ā€ ā€“Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." ā€” Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

rememeber.......i can run faster scared then you can mad.....

wouldn't be the first time i left....in a hurry

as far as "luggage"...???

we're pyrates man....who brings luggage....

and why do my "lil' wheels"...gotta be small???

thought enough saw the "yellar chamise" last year to tell the differance???!!!!????

:lol:

Aye... all Maddogge needs is a hat, a coat and his violin.... nough said

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

wouldn't be the first timeĀ  i left....in a hurry

Eh?

as far as "luggage"...???

we're pyrates man....who brings luggage....

and why do my "lil' wheels"...gotta be small???

thought enough saw the "yellar chamise" last year to tell the differance???!!!!????

:lol:

While the luggage/wheel comment wasn't specifically directed at you (or anyone really), weren't you the one telling me you filled your truck to capacity with stuff going to events? Yellow chemise aside, that breastplate and helmet would be tough to run or even walk 4 miles in in the November Key West sun.

ā€œWe either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.ā€ ā€“Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." ā€” Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

... that breastplate and helmet would be tough to run or even walk 4 miles in in the November Key West sun.

Man, I would pay to see that!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

wouldn't be the first timeĀ  i left....in a hurry

Eh?

i was talkin 'bout DIOSA!!!!!

shheeeeeshhhhh man....pay attention!!!!

and as far as walkin keywest.....has everybody forgot my brother Billie used to live there (before it got all yuppie-fied)....we used to walk all over the damn island....like it was that big.....its an ISLAND for goodness sake....all the directions eneded in....hit the water turn left...run right into it......