Who has what??

Capt. Sterling

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm...I don't recall seeing the link. (Unless you sent it to my Caraccioli user ID that I haven't logged into in awhile.) Could you post it for one and all to see here?

I currently have almost 20 pages of notes copied into Word for the Surgeon's Primer I'm going to eventually post in Twill. Plus I have another two resource books on their way for the same...

I had planned to copy this material into that journal using my fancy, dancy calligraphy pen...I think I may need a new plan.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

I was the one that recommended the book, I believe, due to the many drawings and diagrams.

Yes, the diagrams are most interesting. They really help explain what the author is talking about.

I am still trying to procure a copy of The Surgeon's Mate, which would be absolutely correct to period. I was looking through Twill to see what had been put in there previously and I forgot how picky they can be over reference to period. (I think some of this is fine, but too much is too much. Still, if I can lay my hands on the material from TSM and decipher the spelling and meaning of some of the more obscure words, I think it would be cool.)

U of Mich has one of the 6 copies on Microfiche in the country, but I haven't figured out how to get at it so's I can print it. The thing is also available through ProQuest.com (in what format, I know not), but the only libraries that seem to have access to that are large university libraries. And they seem to be rather prickly about your being a student to access that database...so far. (All this stuff available only to major university college students, most of whom don't understand why it would be at all useful.)

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg