Who has what??

Capt. Sterling

Hopefully a cart and horse for the wounded and bodies

We keep a horse on one of the ships?

No. The horse would be provided by one of the locals on the island.... we keep a goat on the ship and a few sheep for the Scots.

:(:o:o:o:o:o:o

OMG LMAO!!!

Run, little sheep, RUN! :o

NOTE:

I am not Scottish... so far it looks as if I am the ONLY Englishman in ANY of the crewes....

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spike was kind enough to give me a Don Maitz drawing of me as Dorothy Thomas done during the trial and somehow it was missing from my stuff when I got home. (booo hooo) If anyone came across it Sunday night in all the good byes and excitement....we'd really love to have it.

Let me know.

Rusty Nell Riley and Cannibal Chrispy

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce

Ahoy all! Made it home, safe and sound.

Thanks for chiming in and letting us know... okay, letting me know.... so I worry....

Oi how are yer feet holding out? Would love to know since I am truly very interested in the shoes you had on....

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Does anyone have a photo of Bilgemonkey's garb? Post it! Post it! I thought it was really cool. (And the way he handcrafted that worn look in his jacket. That's another good story I forgot to tell. Oh well.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

The Callahans, Crewe of the Sacred Heart have arrived safely to home port in Indiana. We have tons of great pictures to work through and will hopefully have the first of many albums up this weekend.

Mission- We have your small notebook, it was left in our camp. Probably fell our o' yer haversack mate. PM me with an address and I will be happy to mail it.

Capt. Sterling- I do moulage for our life squad and have tons of hours working with "blood and guts" easily made. I do GREAT burns (with blisters and all) and have quite a selection of materials and items for use as battle wound materials. I only have one limb that I use, but I have a couple of hands that would explain the need for the hook hand that some portray. Probably need to start a specific thread for this.

MANY MANY Thanks to all who were there at PiP 2007, it was simply OUTSTANDING!! :lol::lol:

We keep a horse on one of the ships?

No. The horse would be provided by one of the locals on the island.... we keep a goat on the ship and a few sheep for the Scots.

We hav goats Cap'n! about four and were getting 2 pregnat that will most likely get us up to 8 in total..if'n bith of 'em have twins. i'll see wat we can do.

And we have about 22 chickens. i think we'd have a couple of those on ship. but then again I'll have to see how we'd get there with all them animals, it's not easy to tavel 13 hours with 'em.

115DSCF05041-Copy.jpg

The Callahans, Crewe of the Sacred Heart have arrived safely to home port in Indiana.  We have tons of great pictures to work through and will hopefully have the first of many albums up this weekend. 

Capt. Sterling- I do moulage for our life squad and have tons of hours working with "blood and guts" easily made. I do GREAT burns (with blisters and all) and have quite a selection of materials and items for use as battle wound materials.  I only have one limb that I use, but I have a couple of hands that would explain the need for the hook hand that some portray. Probably need to start a specific thread for this.

MANY MANY Thanks to all who were there at PiP 2007, it was simply OUTSTANDING!! :lol:   :lol:

Glad to hear that you and yours have returned safely to home port!!! And glad that you came by camp Monday for a bit...I can not thank you enough for all your hard work regarding the pardons...believe me they will be used in the future as for some reason that scenario seemed to keep getting pushed to the back burner. I do wish to discuss the production of a waggoner with you Lady.

As to next year's scenario/background story, it will be posted very shortly so folks have all year to prepare... and once again your talents and everyone's talents will be put to good use. Burns will be very important for Mission's work and the opening scenario...

As soon as the plot is posted, all the folks, such as Lily and Fayma, that dabble in special effects make up and props, if they would let me know their private emails and don't mind sharing with the others that wish to produce the effects, we can get cracking on the necessary projects...

I must say, I have been playing at reenacting for 35 plus years now and I have been involved in numerous time frames and groups, but I must say the pirates are the most talented group of people I have ever come across. And not only are they talented but they are some of the most outgoing, inclusive, ready to share whatever they have to allow others to take the field, in short one of the best group of people I have ever had the honour to meet and work with... I raise my glass to ye all, especially the brotherhood at PiP... ye are the cream of the crop folks... never forget that!

Crewe of the Archangel

And we have about 22 chickens. i think we'd have a couple of those on ship. but then again I'll have to see how we'd get there with all them animals, it's not easy to tavel 13 hours with 'em.

Ah now chickens would be a plus as well.... and I have photographs of a chicken coop/cage from Jamestown.... **heh, heh, heh**

Crewe of the Archangel

just stick em in a pot...

Crewe of the Archangel

Just checking in again. In Pittsburgh now, family business. Still fighting "Key West Revenge" or whatever has me running ...whatever it is I feel like crap ...NOW! ;) I'll try to check in and see what has been posted and make my own additions.

I found a power cord in my bag and the charger for my razor is not the one I arrived with and this one does not seem to be working correctly. Anyone have Motorola charger that isn't quite the same?

Does anyone have a photo of Bilgemonkey's garb? Post it! Post it! I thought it was really cool. (And the way he handcrafted that worn look in his jacket. That's another good story I forgot to tell. Oh well.)

He has one. Ask him to post it; it was taken before he left.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

I found a power cord in my bag and the charger for my razor is not the one I arrived with and this one does not seem to be working correctly. Anyone have Motorola charger that isn't quite the same?

Need to check with Maddogge and Billie, as they were both using the truck to charge their phones... wonder if their's got mixed up with yours by accident

Crewe of the Archangel

Me thinks the only thing I didn't lose at PIP was me mind. Has anyone found a small (pinkie-sized) silver ring? It's got a skull and bones on it. Can't find me new brass compass/sundial either. It was in a small brown leather pouch, last seen around the Captain's Quarters tent. Cheers.

Scarlett Jai

-First Mate, Bone Island Buccaneers

PS. Ye all may want to check with Harry at the Fort in regards to bringing ye animals. Not sure, but State Park rules may have something to say 'bout that. An' please don't be brin' any chickens. We's gots our fair share already. How about a rooster hunt instead? :lol:

Oh not to worry, of course we would check first... I am sure there will be vets involved and lots of paperwork... been shipping too many horses to too many events to think we could just sail in free and clear. :lol: And our chickens would remain caged/cooped/penned up....and honestly, if they were to be strategically placed, they could be fakes as well...

Crewe of the Archangel

Actually, horses would be appropriate. I know of a large animal vet up the Keys who could be enticed to either come down or be on call. She is well-versed with horses and is able to treat minor ailments. However, any other injuries, the horse would have to go to the mainland.

Fake chickens--I like that idea. The boss would go ballistic if real ones were here. Every now and then one of those damn roosters from town invades the park and we have to trap it and get the hell out of here.

The Navy uses goats to keep the grass trimmed on an old Spanish-American War-era mortar battery next door. Perhaps we could borrow those. Would have to check on that.

Hairbonesig.jpg

-------

Fort Taylor Pyrate Fest MySpace Page

Master Hairbone's MySpace Page

-------

There is no more equitable judge than a cannon

An' please don't be brin' any chickens.  We's gots our fair share already.  How about a rooster hunt instead? :D

If any of you blokes can catch some, bring them down to my fire. I'll pluck em', clean em', and cook em' up for you a la' Key West.

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

DUM SPIRO SPERO... WHILE I BREATH, I HOPE

Have they revoked that law in Key West against killing chickens yet? (That was such a stupid law...if you even ran one over, you broke the law as I remember it.)

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

I'm not aware of any law like that for chickens. There a bunch of folks down here who seem to worship the damn birds and don't seem to understand those things belong on a farm or on the streets in third world countries. Of course, I've lived in third world countries where I've had better electric service than in Key West. Anyway, one might reconsider eating a Key West fowl--they tend to be street tough.

Hairbonesig.jpg

-------

Fort Taylor Pyrate Fest MySpace Page

Master Hairbone's MySpace Page

-------

There is no more equitable judge than a cannon

Be careful, Harry...you'll wind up in gaol! :lol: The Citizen was hopping up and down mad about this issue on one of my previous KW trips. I remember reading several editorials on the topic.

http://www.shanmonster.com/chicken/news/news019.html

(Why is one of my local papers reporting on the chicken law in Key West? :lol: And just where is the questioning smiley that Stynky created for posts such as this?)

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Three more?!? Oh Bo, you HAVE GOT TO GO next year... and if you are serious about the horse and cart, I need to talk to you, we will have bodies and wounded to be moved starting in the very first scenario!!!

Sorry Capt. Sterling, but the dates for PiP just won't let me. B) I have two more years of school after this one to get my teaching certification, and PiP falls two weeks before finals. No way to make that happen without seriously screwing up the education thing. That really sucks too because I love working with horses. One of the many reasons I left the colonial era was because of the refusal to use horses or even allow them at events. How the hell do people think commerce was carried out? What didn't travel by water went on the backs of horses and mules or on a wagon teamed by them! Ok, better quit or I will be soap-boxing again.

Anyway, three more before I can think about coming out there. :ph34r:

Bo