Who has what??

Capt. Sterling

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, who gives a damn about cats! Now a wife that allows you to play pyrate? Irreplaceable!

Don't unpack, says I, 'tis a dangerous step towards not going back! Besides, you will instantly smell, um, well, authentic when you return next year.

(17 more days until the next PiP can be referred to as "going this year.")

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

For what it's worth, I have some boxes that have been packed since I moved from my home-town in 1995. I have moved three times since then and still haven't opened 'em up! Must not be anything important, because I haven't been lookin fer nothin out of 'em.

Hey, maybe that's where my mind is at! B)

Bo

hey...did anyone happen to see me onion rhum bottle ...oh yeah...billie broke it....

anyone happen to find my pottery soup bowl boght all the way in.....oh yeah...didn't survive the luggage flight down there....

then did anyone see my...oh wait...that broke too....

how about my....oh wait...nevermind...found it in pieces.....

how about my hats....yeah thats right...crushed beyond repair durring flight back....

yeah...thats right...nevermind .... :D

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

how about my hats....yeah thats right...crushed beyond repair durring flight back....

Never ever trust the airlines with your hat!!! We always carry or wear them...even if there are a bunch.... we look kind of like the pirate hat guy in the POTC ride..... :) Being dressed as a pirate is also pretty easy on security... they figure with how much we stand out, we probably aren't a threat.... not to mention we have a fabulously choreographed boot removal system that could likely be set to music.....

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

but it has to be filmed AT the airport

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

I just finally had my son move the cooler and washed cooking gear from the front door out to the garage. I unloaded and cleaned them up the day I got home and left it all sitting there for the next 10 days.

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

Yes, the boot-off in security is a hoot - looks like a circus act... all it needs is some well timed "Hup! Hup!" sounds to it. TSA gets a kick out of it though. The only problem traveling in costume is they always want to trade their TSA hat for your tricorn.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

[you also need to know how they treated drowning victims as CPR and mouth to mouth is out of the question....

Found the answer for this one! You either a) rolled them over a barrel or b ) inverted them (hung them upside down) and then gently released them (unless you didn't like the person, I suppose).

Captain Jim recommended this book called Revolutionary Medicine and it is quite the guide to 18th century medicine. I also may be able to lay my hands on a copy of Woodall's The Surgeon's Mate which is essentially THE medical book that would have been in widespread use during the 17th and early 18th centuries on the sea.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

The only problem traveling in costume is

And they wanna search everything.......

Heck... gives them something to talk about at lunch I guess....

Too bad I didn't carry th' shrunken head again this year.........

Hhm, we've never been searched. Even when flying back from Jamaica the only one searched was the one guy's girlfriend who wasn't in costume. Everyone else went straight through. The bags going in and out of both countries were never even opened. That goes for the Bahamas and Puerto Rico when we've traveled (and we had 10 of us in costume for Puerto Rico travel).

When we went to the Abacos last year, the customs official in Treasure Cay asked us what was in the one box. We replied... "guns and swords." He just laughed and said, "that makes sense" and waved us through.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Captain Jim recommended this book called Revolutionary Medicine and it is quite the guide to 18th century medicine.

I don't think that was me, mate. You might have been substituting my face for others in some of your drunken wanderings in Key West.

Now that's somehow kind of disturbing...

3ff66f1f.jpg

[you also need to know how they treated drowning victims as CPR and mouth to mouth is out of the question....

Found the answer for this one! You either a) rolled them over a barrel or b ) inverted them (hung them upside down) and then gently released them (unless you didn't like the person, I suppose).

Okay Harry, we need at least one barrel for next year!!! Although I think I like the hang em from their heels.... **trots off** Oh William!!!!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Captain Jim recommended this book called Revolutionary Medicine and it is quite the guide to 18th century medicine.

I don't think that was me, mate. You might have been substituting my face for others in some of your drunken wanderings in Key West.

Now that's somehow kind of disturbing...

Really? I was sure it was you! I was even sober then. :lol:

I remembered the title because it was a good pun...

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Maybe it was me doing the drinking, then, for I do know of the book, just don't remember telling you about it. I must have been having a good time. You'll have to tell me about it someday.

3ff66f1f.jpg

Since we haven't started a weapon posting yet for this year, I thought I would just use this one... It also might have fit under Top 10 posting, but here goes:

Cap'n and I just received the best Christmas gift for each other from Callenish!! :huh:

We purchased 2 of his British Light Dragoon Pistols and I could not be any happier (unless I had powder...)!! They are incredibly beautiful, and if you get the opportunity to get weapons this holiday season, get them from Callenish!! Thanks a million, they are really beautiful! I'll get the Cap'n to photograph them for all to see! :huh::huh:

Huzzah to Callenish! :huh: The rum is on us! :huh:

Mission- We have your small notebook, it was left in our camp. Probably fell our o' yer haversack mate. PM me with an address and I will be happy to mail it.

Hey, thanks Fayma! I got my notebook...along with my padded bike glove, long thought gone bike headlight and the leather thong. (Yes, fellow participants, I got my leather thong; I'm sure you're all relieved. Fortunately, I never needed it...)

Thanks again, Fayma! I think I left half my stuff in your camp! :lol:

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg