Who has what??

Capt. Sterling

Be careful, Harry...you'll wind up in gaol! B) The Citizen was hopping up and down mad about this issue on one of my previous KW trips. I remember reading several editorials on the topic.

http://www.shanmonster.com/chicken/news/news019.html

(Why is one of my local papers reporting on the chicken law in Key West? :ph34r: And just where is the questioning smiley that Stynky created for posts such as this?)

Frankly, I could care less what the Citizen thinks or editorializes. The Citizen has never let the facts stand in the way of a good(?) story. My writing and reporting while on the high school newspaper were so far ahead of what the Citizen does now. (Step off soap box) Fact of the matter is the damn chickens and roosters don't belong in the community.

Hairbonesig.jpg

-------

Fort Taylor Pyrate Fest MySpace Page

Master Hairbone's MySpace Page

-------

There is no more equitable judge than a cannon

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankly, I could care less what the Citizen thinks or editorializes. The Citizen has never let the facts stand in the way of a good(?) story. My writing and reporting while on the high school newspaper were so far ahead of what the Citizen does now. (Step off soap box)

B)

Ya' know...that sounds like every media outlet I know of!

I just remembered the Citizen connection because people were going on about it when I was there and I thought it was an odd issue. (I used to stay at the Colony Cottages (a moment of silence for the loss of a great (and affordable) place to stay in Key West - it got turned into condos.) They had a Citizen waiting at the door of my cottage every morning, so I read the comics, police reports (which were sort of like the comics) and then skimmed the rest of it.

They did have a nice shot of Scarlett Rai in the sports pages last Sunday. (Although they spelled her name wrong.) So they contributed something we could use. B)

My vague recollection is that the ruling only applied to wild chickens. So I guess we could import chickens (and roosters) and kill them.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

I can see next years parade now.....

A buncha Pyrates out foraging ..... each with one or two of thoses noisy roosters and a few chickens tied to our belts....... Dang.... the crowds would love it..... B) (and if they didn't... we are still better armed than they are.......) B)

Ahoy all! Made it home, safe and sound.

Holy Shit Bilge,

I didn't realize that you were on the Pub - and I must have walked by you I don't know how many times at PIP. Considering all the chatting I've done at you during your radio show, I was really looking forward to having a drink with you.

Damn!

Holy Shit Bilge,

I didn't realize that you were on the Pub - and I must have walked by you I don't know how many times at PIP. Considering all the chatting I've done at you during your radio show, I was really looking forward to having a drink with you.

Damn!

Why, you did, Stynky! Right before you guys abandoned me in the pub and left that obscene phone call.

Don't you remember? :huh:

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

Or maybe you were too drunk!

:huh::huh::huh::huh:

(Actually, Bilgemonkey came in with me and then left before I sat down. I think. Maybe I was too drunk!

:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh: Damnation as long as we remember we think we had fun...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Holy Shit Bilge,

Damn!

Why, you did, Stynky! Right before you guys abandoned me in the pub and left that obscene phone call.

Don't you remember? :huh:

I remember saying to you that I heard he was going to be there, someone at the table said that he showed up early and was wondering about. I remember asking for someone to point him out to me. . .

Did I actually meet him? . . .

I mean I sort of remember drinking rum earlier that night, then raiding the bar keg with the crew of the Wolf and drinking a lot of beer while everyone else was eating. . . I know you, Stoodley and me emptied several bottles of mead together after that. Then Saucy showed up with more I think. . .

When did I meet him?

Hey Bilge, did I actually meet you?

Hey, Stynky, I was just kidding. I think Bilgemonkey left soon after we arrived in the pub when you were there.

If you met him, you'd probably remember him. He had really cool garb, IMO. He looks like this:

http://www.callahandigitalart.com/photocar...viewImage=14355

Y'know Stynky - I remember seeing you around several times, but I don't think we must have actually met. Don't I feel like a rude bast'd? Actually, there were so many new piratey faces swarming around, and I only met a tiny fraction of them (and others I did meet while drunk on Friday night - then I met them anew on Saturday morning, having forgotten meeting them the night before. And they just sort of smiled at me and asked how I was feeling.)

Other items - Sterling - my feet did AWSOME! I'll be writing up a full review of my Jarnagin shoes shortly. They weren't perfect out of the box - required some insoles and doubled up socks, but that done, not one blister or sore heel all weekend. And I did a *lot* of walking.

I AM BILGEMUNKY

I can see next years parade now.....

A buncha Pyrates out foraging ..... each with one or two of thoses noisy roosters and a few chickens tied to our belts....... Dang.... the crowds would love it..... :lol: (and if they didn't... we are still better armed than they are.......) :lol:

:lol::lol: Aye eat them all and spit their bones out. It's not like it's roast Manatee stuffed with Ospray and an apple glazed sauce. :lol::lol: Capt. Cutter

Y'know Stynky - I remember seeing you around several times, but I don't think we must have actually met. Don't I feel like a rude bast'd? Actually, there were so many new piratey faces swarming around, and I only met a tiny fraction of them (and others I did meet while drunk on Friday night - then I met them anew on Saturday morning, having forgotten meeting them the night before. And they just sort of smiled at me and asked how I was feeling.)

Other items - Sterling - my feet did AWSOME! I'll be writing up a full review of my Jarnagin shoes shortly. They weren't perfect out of the box - required some insoles and doubled up socks, but that done, not one blister or sore heel all weekend. And I did a *lot* of walking.

Thanks Bilgemunky for the feedback on the shoes... I will be investing in a pair!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Y'know Stynky - I remember seeing you around several times, but I don't think we . . . actually met. . .

You know Bilge, I saw you several times and recognized your face but couldn't place who you were or where I knew you from. And stupid me, I didn't think I would see you without the fancy hat that you're wearing in the picture on your site.

I was just too busy running around and having fun.

- awesome coat by the way!

No but I do have yer bag with the sugar and coffee creamer... if ye pm me with an address, I will gladly send back yer bag...

Crewe of the Archangel

Found:

one black and white speckled ladle

One blue speckled coffee pot

Amanjiria is that Da's items?

Also anyone find a spool of heavy, waxed linen thread... leather work weight, not clothing/sewing weight, dark tan colour, the spool is approximately six or seven inches tall and about three in diameter...

thanks

Crewe of the Archangel

OK....

I've searched everything, an' still can't find it....

Thought I'd wraped it up in my clean shirt so it wouldn't get broken.....

So....

Has anyone found me mind..... I think I had it when I went ter PiP.... but the sneaky sucker kinda runned off on me.......... :ph34r:

You mean we have to unpack?

Crewe of the Archangel