^, <, V

Pew

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Sword...short sword if ya got it

<Halloween decorating: Gosh! Wish I had the ability of my twin sister, Haunting Lilly & Mr. O'Keefe. And the staff of Martha Stewart to decorate my home for the season!

V If money were no object - how would you decorate for Halloween?

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

^ hmmm, Disney's Haunted Mansion comes to mind. The neighborhood kids would flip if that were in our yard, lol

< Thanks Cheeky. I love Halloween but we are scaling back a little this year. Last year was was a mad house.

v pass the question

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

^ Something from an Ann Rice Vampire novel — very Gothic Garden District, lots of beeswax/church candles.

< I have mixed feeling about Fall. Yes, I love the cooler weather and beautiful colors, but it's just a reminder that winter is around the corner, and I have five months of rain to look forward to. :blink:

V Good question, so I'll pass it along.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

^ I've been so busy lately that I haven't even thought much of Halloween, sad I know.

< I'm so in need of a massage it's not funny! I've been working a lot of nutty hours that I have so much tension in my neck and upper back. Some days I'm in so much pain, ugh!

V Do you know what you're dressing as for Halloween?

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

^ It usually does. I predict that we'll be back to high interest rates (like in the 80's) and then things will stabilize (as much as the market stabilizes...)

< Found a company that makes fake coconut cream pies! Naturally I had to order one as a prop for my Halloween costume.

V Any particular comfort foods you enjoy during the cooler seasons?

RHJMap.jpg

^ Definately a stew..with parsnips and carrots. MMmm Parsnips..Real hot chocolate (well, from the Hershey's can)

< Oddly snow makes me want ice cream..

V Pass the question and add got a favorite keep warm article of clothing?

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

(I don't think Black Swan Rogue understood the question... or maybe angora sweaters are a comfort food in other parts o' the world!)

^ Peanut butter and crackers (Yum!)... T' keep warm... a pirate wench who doesn't mind me eatin' crackers in bed (skip the clothin').

< I can see the PMs already...

V Pass the question.

V Pass the question and add got a favorite keep warm article of clothing?

I don't think JT was paying attention. (Sits back and waits for JT to make some smarty-pants retort :D )

^ Comfort food? Smashed potatoes, with gravy. Comfort clothes...baggy sweatpants, sweatshirt, and socks.

< Deciding whether to fire up the wood burning stove this evening. Seems once you fire it up, you want it on every day. That's another one of my comfort things—nice cheery fire in the ol' stove.

V Pass BOTH sections of the question on. :D

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Oh, LoL! You are a jolly fun bunch.

^ Comfort food for me is a nice warm piece of apple pie while wearing my angora sweater and warm fuzzy socks.

< Definitely enjoying the humor of this group while having a nice glass of Chambord.

v Pass both sections of the questions B)

Like the Black Swan, I am Nocturnal, Ageless and Eternal.

^ Comfort food... ooohhh... anything associated with Thanksgiving... turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes (ie., candied yams)... Warm clothing... no idea... maybe my Swiss Army trenchcoat with the Swiss staff sergeant stripes.

< taking a trip underground today... haven't been spelunking in quite a few years.

v Were you ever a scout as a kid?

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

^ Don't know about homemade, but I swear by Gypsy Cold Care tea by Traditional Medicinals. If you feel like you could be getting sick it stops you from getting sick and if you are already sick it reduces the symptoms and gets you better faster. Best thing since sliced bread, sez I!

< Escaped two colds so far with that tea.

v Pass the question.

RHJMap.jpg

/\Half a bottle of Nyquil followed by a quart of hot very salty chicken soup.

< Bad mistake today. Was shoppin' fer new git strings an played a demo 12 off the rack. Severe G.A.S. attack followed. I knows where me next spare 1/2G be headed. :blink:

\/ Next toy ye be plannin' ta acquire?

PIRATES!  Because ye can't do epic shyte wi' normal people.

^ Probably yet another Dungeons and Dragons book. The geek in me (and my wife. and friends) demands it. Though... if money just dropped in my lap out of nowhere, I'd buy some pumpkin headed scarecrow miniatures and a Headless Horseman, and some witches and a cauldron and have them overnighted to me.

< Talked to the Maritime Archaeology Program Officer for the Office of Ocean Exploration and Research this morning. I really need to retrain.

v Favorite Trick-or-Treat treat?

My Home on the Web

^ Candy corn..hands down

<What is it about those little triangles?

V Pass the question

^harvest mix.....candy corn, the wee pumkins, maple jugs, and anise cats

< ah samhain light the fires and mull the cider or wine

V how would you keep tradition on Samhain een? or how would you and 50 of your best friends party?

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

• 2 weeks later...

^

Decadently ..well sort of

< you did say party...

V On to thanksgiving! The cooking channel stuffed a turkey with a chicken...gross?

I vote gross ..pass the stuffing please..

^ Conspicuous consumption... sounds like something the Romans would have done! So I'm for it.

< After a magnificent reenactment I'm back in reality... and you know what, reality sucks.

v same question as above... you like your bird stuffed with a bird? You know, it could get complex, with ever smalled birds... turkey>chick>quail>gamehen...

My Home on the Web

^- a frend of mine and I have toyed with the idea of getting a turduckin so the meat stuffed with meat sounds good to me.

<- Haven't gotten into reenacting yet but plan too. But i hate comeing home from SCA events. Reality Bites.

v- if you were a food what would you be?

To be happy for a night - get drunk

To be happy for a month - get married

to be happy for the rest of your life - get a sail boat