• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The Sandstorm.

quite fittin' fer a son 'o the desert like meself. :lol:

she looks innocent(ish), but what she's carryin'll flay the flesh from yer bones. She's fast as the wind as well.

WWCJSD?

(What Would Captain Jack Sparrow Do?)

My "pirate ship" of the moment is a decidedly antiquated paddle-boat that I accidentally scuttled this summer after joking how "unsinkable" she was. Oh, well, at least she was only in knee-deep water at the time, and "like the Mary Ellen Carter", she rose again (with the help of my neighbour's teenaged daughters who gamely bailed her out and helped me heave her sodden carcass up on shore for some overdue careening).

I was going to name her the Molly Brown before she submerged, but now that she's been raised, and patched up yet again with Bondo fiberglass, I'm thinking of settling on the Die Hard.

Cheers, Hester ... not sure what to call the other vessel in my "fleet" -- a banana-yellow fibreglass canoe to which the neighbours used to attach Chiquita stickers in order to tease me about the colour.

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Presenting the Blue Dawg.

Picture038.jpg

She's really a canoe fixed up for the little swabs to play pirates on.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Though I be serving on the Archangel, If I was to 'ave me own ship....

'ol Rats would probably name 'er "The Shameless Hussey"....

Not sure where I got it from, so why the hell not!

Rats

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Ah Doctor, ever the gentleman what? To be namin yer ship after Cheeky!!! ;););)

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

There you go Captain Sterling, sir! Starting fireworks first thing in the morning!

Looks like I'll be having to patch ye up again. For all, in case ye havn't forgotten, she's a hair puller!!

Rats

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be namin me ship The Red Cat and fly the jolly roger proudly above 40 guns!! :lol: If yer sailin and get that uncomfortable clammy tingly feelin at the back of yer neck....best check the horizon.....

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

• 2 weeks later...
Now don't be askin us how it came to called such - it nay doubt involved far too much grog - but our crew's vessel be bein' named the "Salty Sea Pig".  B)

er, we haven't got that ship anymore, it knd of, well sort of like, caught fire mysteriously!

we's seen a new one, and it might be renamed the "THE SEA RAM". that's once we've captured her

i'm on the side of angels........but the devil is my best friend

• 2 weeks later...

The Archangel

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

I already have the Rakehell, but I kinda like the name Diamond Dance—for the way sunlight sparkles on the water. I used the name in a short-story I wrote, and really liked it.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog