You in yar garb.

Pirate Petee

Me on the way to the Escondido Ren Faire.

scott.jpg

I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry. If the hard times don't kill me I'll lay down and die.

Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey I cry. If you don't give me rye whiskey, I surely will die.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

me at Military thru the Ages, this is my third attempt and i think im getting alot better at hand sewing(i wish you could see the others lol) any tips/comments would be GREATLY appreciated. (oh and i know the spatterdashers are not supposed to be cotton.......im just hiding my shoes lol)

Damn, that is an awesome job! You look great!

thank goodness he stopped carrying that uncovered axe on his back! Looks like you're still spending time in williamsburg, pretty good reggie! we gonna see you at the festival this year?

Dutch- lol yeah quite dangerous those uncovered axes lol and yes indeed i shall be at Blackbeards, as a matter of fact i was at the yorktown pirate invasion this past saturday, i think i scores brownie points with the crew sense i helped break camp in the rain*crosses fingers

- thanks so much for the kind words all , i dare say i wasnt sure if i had done it right lol

-Lady Barbossa- thanks for the complaments! i guess spatterdashers are quite good to have......now as for your quilted pettycoat.. that is excellent work my good woman! quite the lovely garment! i dont know that i could ever be quite that dedicated

- Mr. Wake- i actually will be at PiP this year, which is why im so glad this period camp thread has poped up again HUZZAH!

Monsieur René Truffaut - Sailor - grenadier - flibustier - free man (for now)

.........I am french, why else would i have this outrageous accent, you silly man!..........You don't frighten me, English sea dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Capi-tain" you and all your silly English Pieeer-raghts........

Rockin' on th' verge of madness, Tignor. Oh, wait.. I have gone mad already! Oh, well that would explain why I did it. LOL.

Thank ye most kindly for th' compliment in return, good sir. :)

J8K... ummm, uh... Jake... ye look fabulous Spittin' image of some devil that stepped right out of an engravin'! Just amazin'.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

J8K... ummm, uh... Jake... ye look fabulous Spittin' image of some devil that stepped right out of an engravin'! Just amazin'.

~Lady B

Thanks ye for the kind words Lady B.

-Scott (aka Jake's dad)

I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry. If the hard times don't kill me I'll lay down and die.

Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey I cry. If you don't give me rye whiskey, I surely will die.

Me on the way to the Escondido Ren Faire.

scott.jpg

well done indeed...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Me and some of the Crew at Beltane this past weekend. I'm the one in the green:

CrewBeltane09.jpg

Nice looking crew, especially like the one in the pink...nothing better than getting the little ones interested early! Keep up the good work.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Most precious, my wishes for the very best of all things good for her and yer crew.

Crewe of the Archangel

Here's a picture of MadL and I at the Escondido Ren-faire.

RumbaandMadL.jpg

You both look great! Rumba is was great to meet you and your crew. MadL Sorry I missed you.

Fabulous image, Rumba. :) M' compliments on ye and MadL.

Where did one get those rugs though? Been looking for some cheap ones (since they will be outside), not interested in pay over $20 for them since they'll get crappy anyway.

Nice rugs. I want!

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Everyone is looking really nice! Props to you all!

Here are a couple new shots of my newest coat..I used my own pattern, but I used a machine to sew cause I'm impatient....This is one of the coats I made from a heavy white wool blanket from the Surplus store for $10.00 bucks, then dyed with blue ritz dye..very warm and soft..Thanks for letting me share..

rackanruin2.jpg

piratesmorromorro.jpg

"Without caffine, I'd have no personality at all"

Here are a few pics from last Saturday's St. John's Parade:

Crimson Gypsy and Y.M.H.S.:

QMandCGSJ09.jpg

Yeah, the stripey socks come out for the parade!

Conferring with Lord Rafe:

May2009-StJohns028.jpg

Come here and have some maple syrup...

ComehereSJ09.jpg

And no, that's not really maple syrup...

BTW: Pirates of Portlandia took 1st Place...again!

Edited by Quartermaster James

Kenneth that's a great pic!You look authentically "scruffy" very nice. That coat does look comfy.......better hang on to it.. :rolleyes:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

This is one of the coats I made from a heavy white wool blanket from the Surplus store for $10.00 bucks,

Yay..... fer old wool blankets...... :rolleyes:

The only problem with them is that .... well they work too well.... they are hot..... But as an inexpensive source of heavy wool for a coat/jacket.... they WORK.....

Great job....

Everyone is looking really nice! Props to you all!

Here are a couple new shots of my newest coat..I used my own pattern, but I used a machine to sew cause I'm impatient....This is one of the coats I made from a heavy white wool blanket from the Surplus store for $10.00 bucks, then dyed with blue ritz dye..very warm and soft..Thanks for letting me share..

rackanruin2.jpg

piratesmorromorro.jpg

Spectacular!!!

BRAVO!

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.