Fort De Chartres - June 2010

William Brand

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silas

Do you camp at the fort ? Reason I ask is that I would have to be buying the tent $$$$$$$$$ and id hate to be the only pyrate there camping by me onesies.......

Capt. J...

Our coming would depend solely on the availability of camping. There are very few events were camping is not allowed, so I have been kind of assuming it was a part of the deal.

Michael_banner.jpg

one guy told me that some people set up a week in advance to get "their" spot... that being said, i really don't believe that setting up and "reserving" the spot next to ya, is discouraged...

if anything, a few tents set up in advance with a spot in between would surely save a spot or two for later arrivals...

William was planin to make contact with the the Fort officials at the end of the month just to keep abreast of what they are doin.

Do you think the Mercury Crew still can do this this spring ?

Capt. J...

Never say die. Those who can make it will make it. PIP was restarted with just a handful of us, so I say go forth with our plans.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

I'm with a couple others... the closer it gets to this event, the better I will know if I can attend or not. Generally, transportation down there is my only issue at current. I have the camping gear and everything else, just no means to get down there... yet.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Ahoy, Wenchfreely here. I have been attending this event this 1984. Would certainly be worth your while to attend. Great location and a great time is had by all. While I hail as a French Wench I would love to see you guys give the French Marines a run for their money at the hawk block or firing range we also have a cannon competition. I put on the knife and hawk throw on both Saturday and Sunday around noon. Come say hello. You guys sound like a fine bunch to get to know. Let me know if I can be of any help. We can set up the weekend prior but they will not let us save campsites unless you erect a structure-No canvas on the ground will do. Long days and pleasant nights to ya!

Long Days and Pleasant Nights to Ya!

Ahoy

Yes....we are tryin to get the ship movin in that direction.........we will be needen some help on the info side of the tide..... i was told by Daryill to contact him after the first of the year for more info...... and i will be doin that......thank you....and we would love to give the French as well as the British a reason to be there !!!!!!

Fair Winds

Capt. J...

Yo Ho.......

in november while there, i took andrew, miles and grace with me... andrew later said that while using the bathroom, he overheard someone say that he had so much to drink that he thought he saw pirates !!

we had a blast, and will definitely go more ( also close to home ) but we shall go as pirates...

• 5 weeks later...

We should get the true headcount for the event going here, and begin discussing the event itself in terms of what we can get from it and what we can contribute to it. This is the event as posted on the website.

39th Rendezvous Schedule

EVENTS SCHEDULED FOR BOTH SATURDAY AND SUNDAY

10:00 AM Opening Ceremony & Posting of Colours

W. Malcolm Duncan, Drum Major

10:30 AM The String Connection, Prairie du Rocher's own Traditional Music Group (stage #1)

11:00 AM The Peacocks Band -Traditional Music (stage #2)

French Marines of Fort de Chartres Drill

(on the parade ground)

11:30 AM Great River Fife and Drum Corps

Godfrey, Illinois

(On the parade ground)

12:00 NOON Dr. Theophratus von Gerlach -The Future of 18th Century Medicine (stage #2)

12:30 PM The Booneslick Strings- Traditional Music (stage #1)

1:00 PM The Living History Reenactors Fife and Drum Corps (on the parade ground)

1:30 PM Tippecanoe Ancient Fife and Drum Corps

Lafayette, Indiana

(On the parade ground)

2:00 PM 18th Century Military Tactical Demonstration with a Native Parley (on the rifle range)

3:00 PM 42nd Royal Highlanders Band of Pipes

Fifes & Drums- West Lafayette, Indiana

(On the parade ground)

3:30 PM The Peacocks Band -Traditional Music (stage #2)

4:00 PM The String Connection, Prairie du Rocher's own Traditional Music Group (stage #1)

4:30 PM Retreat Ceremony

BOTH DAYS

The Peacocks Band, the Booneslick Strings, the Prairie du Rocher La Guiannee Society (traditional French New Years Song), and the Lewis and Clark Fife and Drum Corps will perform periodically at various locations throughout both days. The Primitive Lifeways Area will feature bow building demonstrations, native food ways, and daily life skills. Cannon firing demonstrations occur on the hour. There will be working oxen demonstrations periodically both days located east of the Fort.

Competitions Both Days

10:00 AM to 1:00 PM

Rifle Aggregate & Smoothbore Competition (rifle range)

10:00 AM to 12:00 NOON

Primitive Archery Competition

12:00 NOON to 2:30 PM

Knife & Hawk Throw Competition

3:00 PM

Skillet Toss Competition presented by the Ladies of the Fort de Chartres Marines. This competition is open to all female participants and visitors. (kife and hawk throw area)

SATURDAY, JUNE 6

9:00 AM Officer's Call- All Military Units

(Commandants Quarters int the Guard's House)

8:00PM to 10:00 PM A dance for event participants and visitors will be held inside the Fort. Music provided by Booneslick Strings.

SUNDAY, JUNE 7

8:00 AM

Mass at Stage#1

Protestant Service at Stage #2

11:00 AM to 2:00 PM

La Grande Cannon Fusillade (The Big Cannon Shootout)

The Historic Creole House in downtown Prairie du Rocher will be open for tours on Saturday and Sunday, June 6th and 7th, from 10 am to 4 pm.

There will be a "Garden Walk" special event at the Pierre Menard Home State Historic Site from 1pm to 4pm on June 7th. The event will feature the herb garden at this historic site. The Pierre Menard Home is located near Ellis Grove, Il.

WAIT??? they have live firing competition?

damn...

Edited by Capt. Sterling

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

damn...

I know. I'm tempted to join in on that event. I used to be pretty good and I'd like to see what time has done to my aim, if anything. It really is too bad that this event competes with another that same weekend, but any member of your crew is more than welcome to attend with us.

damn...

I know. I'm tempted to join in on that event. I used to be pretty good and I'd like to see what time has done to my aim, if anything.

Honest and for true? Gee, that would be something I'd really like to see...

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

So then William, if they are interested, best they contact ye?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Aye, and the first information that I would need from them is the number in their party and the footprints of their tents. They may also offer to do demos if they wish and I'll pass the information along or put the powers that be in contact with them.

Thank ye

Crewe of the Archangel