Random Rabbits

Mission

It's based on the Looney Tunes' eps. "The Abominable Snow Rabbit".

Hugo, like characters in a few other Looney Tunes, is based on Lennie from Of Mice and Men. His mental ineptitude, his desire for a pet rabbit, and his calling Bugs "George" are evidence of this relationship.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Say, I might get to like that box at the top showing the photos in the galleries yet. Check out this priceless photo capturing two of my favorite topics in one image (from Iron Bess' gallery):

gallery_232_131_6717.jpg

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Hey!!!

That was my Holiday decoration!! ;)

Yeah, an it's cool. (Well, I think it's cool.)

I have this prop that's named Uncle Zeke that was the real reason I wanted to start doing Haunted Houses back in '92. (I wanted an excuse to spend a $100 on this thing...) Anyhow, I still lived at home when I bought him and we used to dress him up for each holiday and stick him in the living room. Until my mom put a stop to it, that is. (We got all the way from Hallowe'en to St. Patrick's day with that gig, believe it or not.)

Alas, I have no photos of holiday Zeke. (It never occurred to me to take them for some reason.) I'd post a photo of him without the costumes, but I don't even have a good photo of plain ol' Zeke. This is odd, because he appeared in at least 6 or 7 of my Haunted House room designs.

Here's a shot of him made up for a black light room. He has tape on him that's been painted with glow paint to pick up the light. The prop is far more detailed than you can see in this photo. (I know you're all just dying to see this...er, so to speak):

glowmaze13.jpg

He's a rigid poly-foam half-body prop. One arm has been been cut off and the other looks like it was ripped off. He also appears to have been hit in the head with a shovel or a pick-axe or something... My particular prop is grey skinned, although Gag Studios made him other colors as well. I should really get a decent photo of Zeke on my site so everyone can enjoy his lovely visage...

Oh, he's also in the hole in the skeleton tree, if you want to play Where's Waldo (He's awful hard to see there):

http://www.markck.com/images/Haunted%20House%20Pages/Rooms_Skeleton%20Tree.htm

Well, this one isn't too bad...

Skeleton_Tree_Bone_Detail_3_small.JPG

Edited by Raphael Misson

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

gallery_232_131_37981.jpg

;)

Are we playing "Just how weird is Mission?" This reminds me of another story (I may have told this one recently...it seems to me I have...but here goes.)

When I was in my teens my dad found a dead brown bat in the barn at his business. He brought it home to show me (because - naturally - I like bats too) and I decided to perform taxidermy on it. With the help of my sister (who has always been a scientist...even then) we cut the little thing open and stuffed him with cotton, formaldehyde and some other things I have since forgotten that are required for this operation. I stretched out his wings using cardboard and paper clips so they would dry in the open position. Then I hung him from the light in my room. My cousin eventually got tired of him (we had bunk beds and he slept in the top bunk...to close to the bat for comfort, I think ;) ) and made me take him down. I still have him, although his wings are in pretty rough shape. They're made of skin and as they dried, it contracted and tore.

gallery_232_131_37981.jpg

laugh.gif

Are we playing "Just how weird is Mission?" This reminds me of another story (I may have told this one recently...it seems to me I have...but here goes.)

When I was in my teens my dad found a dead brown bat in the barn at his business. He brought it home to show me (because - naturally - I like bats too) and I decided to perform taxidermy on it. With the help of my sister (who has always been a scientist...even then) we cut the little thing open and stuffed him with cotton, formaldehyde and some other things I have since forgotten that are required for this operation. I stretched out his wings using cardboard and paper clips so they would dry in the open position. Then I hung him from the light in my room. My cousin eventually got tired of him (we had bunk beds and he slept in the top bunk...to close to the bat for comfort, I think rolleyes.gif) and made me take him down. I still have him, although his wings are in pretty rough shape. They're made of skin and as they dried, it contracted and tore.

Kinda reminds me of the time I found a long-dead bat hanging among the rafters at work. It apparently died in it's normal wings-folded sleeping position, and just hung there for a long time. It dried out and got very nicely mummified. I took it down carefully, and was able to hang it in various places by it's claws. It looked quite alive and natural, but was extremely light in weight. Anyhow, somebody offered me $50 for it, so it found a new home !!

>>>>> Cascabel

• 3 months later...

bunny-pancake.jpg

pancake_bunny.jpg

Wow, I must not have been paying attention at all, because I stumbled across the bunny with pancakes on his head thing on Duchess' facebook entries and I thought I was on to something exciting. Yet here it is from a year ago. Well shut my mouth and call me cornpone.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

:lol: (I asked for that. That last is a quote, BTW.)

rabbit_smile.jpg

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Here's one for Halloween:

sk_ebi_1004.jpg

Mission_banner5.JPG

Here's one for Halloween:

sk_ebi_1004.jpg

And here's how it got that way:

RABBIT STEW

1 large, whole rabbit

1 quart water

2 tablespoons cornstarch

6 sliced carrots

6 medium potatoes, diced

1 cup whole kernel corn

1 cup green peas

1 cup wax or green beans

1 medium onion, chopped

1 cup diced celery

1 bay leaf

salt and pepper to taste

Boil the rabbit in the water until its meat is tender, then remove it from the pot and bone it. Put the meat into a large kettle, add two cups of the broth in which the rabbit was cooked, bring to a boil, and add a thickening sauce that you've made by stirring the cornstarch into 1/4 cup of the remaining rabbit broth. Allow the kettle's contents to boil for another minute, then reduce the heat. Add all the remaining ingredients.

"Now for the piece de resistance, the topping that makes this stew stand head and shoulders above the rest!" says George Fournier.

1 cup flour

1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 tablespoons chilled shortening

1/4 to 1/2 cup milk (the less you use, the better the dumplings seem to hold together)

Sift the dry ingredients together into a bowl, then cut in the shortening with a pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add the milk all at once, stir lightly just until the dough holds together, and then drop rounded tablespoonfuls of the mixture on top of the gently bubbling stew. With the heat adjusted so that the liquid just simmers, let the dumplings cook—uncovered—for ten minutes, then cover and let them cook ten minutes longer, or until the steam has fluffed them up nicely.

If you need to thicken the stew, do so after removing the dumplings. And George recommends serving homemade tomato relish and cranberry sauce on the side, to give your hearty meal just the proper finishing touch.

"If I didn't know this was hassenpfeffer, I'd swear it was carrots."

(Dirty, no-account, woodland creature rabbits always borrowin' things.)

Mission_banner5.JPG

That is one rabbit I wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley. (In part, because I couldn't see him. Where are those cheaters?)

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 1 month later...

The cross-posting opportunity of a lifetime. How could I resist? (It's from Bright's post in the Marshmallow Peeps thread.)

Peeps Ahoy

23rtr2w.jpg

Mission_banner5.JPG

And yet all I can think of with this post is "Bunnyjacks," By Captain Bogg and Salty.

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

Well there's your problem. You're trying to think about this post. If you start thinking, its essence eludes you...

stupid+rabbit.jpg

Mission_banner5.JPG

Haha, fair enough. I'm predicting that rabbit totally takes down the tiger.

Incidentally, I really wish I could put a link or something to BunnyJacks. It really does suit the essence of this thread. Random pirate bunny rabbits...

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

• 5 weeks later...

Bunny scissors!

bunny scissors ebay.jpg

These are from an eBay auction. (There are a lot of cool vintage scissors on eBay this week.)

The seller's description screams (in pink...natch):

"NEVER USED, THIS IS A PAIR OF NOGENT 4" SCISSORS....RUNNING RABBIT FIGURAL HANDLE.....VERY SHARP......COMES IN A VELVETEEN CASE.............REALLY CUTE!"

Velveteen...of course.

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
19264_308007573633_507293633_3660739_1883994_n.jpg

Mission_banner5.JPG