Non-Pyrate Projects

Patrick Hand

The interesting part is.... trying to fit everything into the RV.....

I have my computer set-up.... but am still trying to figure out where the heck to put the printer.....

Some stuff is easy... there is only one place it will fit.... some stuff will only fit in storage.... my suit of armour..... and two chest of drawers full of garb...... So it's kinda like a puzzle....

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's Halloween season again and that means I must do a haunted house prop for the Jaycees. This year it was a skeleton tree. For those of you who are interested, you can check the first page of it out here. Here's a promo shot:

Skeleton_Tree_BL_Skull_1_small.jpg

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Well, it's Halloween season again and that means I must do a haunted house prop for the Jaycees. This year it was a skeleton tree. For those of you who are interested, you can check the first page of it out here. Here's a promo shot:

Skeleton_Tree_BL_Skull_1_small.jpg

God, I love you guys.

Caraccioli, Cool Tree! And love the house ~

Patrick ~ I wanna see pics! I love the idea of downsizing - seems like the projects would be more manageable that way!

Projects right now for us ~ scraping the adhesive (using a SUPER WICKED chemical) off the front stoop (used by prev owners for brown astroturf which had seen better days), then deciding on concrete stain or slate resurfacing for the entry and stoop area.

I am out to the tea house/hot tub, to seal the cedar before the weather turns for the winter.

And Kitchen/Dining Room Curtains to replace the 1980s "came with the house" vert blinds. God, what a pain. Windows are 120" across, west exposure, new neighbors oh so considerately cut the lilac hedges nice and low ~ so they can see right in, even before all the leaves fall for the winter. So I am looking for sheers and curtains, finally got everything picked out and home, and I got the wrong size (TOO SHORT) rod. D@mmit.

Love our house, though, and the projects are what make it ours. :rolleyes:

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

I have 2 Star Wars outfits I'm working on.

Storm Commando (black biker scout)

and

Tuskin Raider

Sounds cool. My kids are going to be teeny Jedi for Halloween. Son #2 claims he's really Darth Vader, or the Emperor. Son #1 would be very happy if he could Boba Fett.

Me? Non-pirate projects for right now would be a throw back to my original reenacting shtick, the medieval stuff. However, to make it sound more interesting, some of us have been referring to it as Iron Age Heroes!

This is what it looked like in 1985. I suppose if I go through with this and do it right I'll look a helluvalot cooler. Funny, I still have that same helmet, and those gloves I actually used back in the spring when fighting Mr Lassetter.

markland01.jpg

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Thanks. I'll have to try. I know how to up the coolness factor, but the bottom line is it will require expending a generous amount of money. I'd like to have a nice replica of a Vendel helm, or a Coppergate or Sutton Hoo. The rightmost two on this site would work.

http://www.regia.org/helmet.htm

While I'm dreaming, a pattern welded sword would be nice as well. Something like this would be fantastic, and not tooooo far beyond the realm of reason.

http://www.myarmoury.com/review_tmpl_suthoo.html

Anyone want to buy all of my pirate stuff?

:lol:

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

:lol:

I'm looking for a hat...and shoes. (What size are your feet? :lol: )

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

Hey, Blackjohn, I see you're interested in viking stuff. I've got a leather viking helmet that ye might want. 'Course I'm not sure how period it is or anything, but it looks pretty nice...

Got anything you'd like to trade? B)

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I'm trying to get into Star Wars stuff...not sure what to call it...costuming? Stormtrooper, Rebel Pilot, it's all good.

I've got the heart of a pirate, just not the garb...

;)

I'm looking for a hat...and shoes. (What size are your feet? :lol: )

So you want my Ruby Slippers do you?

:lol:;)

What size is you head? How much would you spend on a hat?

And your little dog, too.

Last time I purchased a hat for which I was actually measured I was a 7-1/8. That was quite awhile ago, though...some people I have gotten a much bigger head since then. <_< (I'll trade ya' more than its cost in Star Wars AFs. <_< )

• 2 months later...

Well.... I started to re-paint the bedroom in the RV..... I'm going with a kinda 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea/Psudo-Victorian look.....

The upper wall are spongepainted copper (well the 1/4 I have done so far....I have to wait untill tomarrow, so I can paint the walls behind the bed...(so they can be sorta dry by tomarrow night...))

The small cabinets around the top of the room will be spongepainted Hunter green with some black randomly mixed in.

Then the trim will be gold.

I have the paint, so I will work on that first....

Then.....

I want to get two brass(ish) curtain rods, and some heavy dark green cloth for the side window cutrains, and a long curtain between the bathroom and bedroom.

I want to get some red cloth, and gather it to cover the cealing (for that kinda gawdy Victorian look)

I also want to do some of the faux/fake stained glass for the back window... so I can get rid of the blinds that (don't ) hang at an angle over my head.... A red puffy/quilted headboard might be an interesting project...

I haven't decided what I'm going to do for the lower walls/drawers yet.... maybe a faux dark mahoginy......

Right now it's a mess.... but I will have to post pictures when I'm done.....(or kind done....)

I think I am going to try to make a life size Bing costume.... Kind of like a "Mascot" costume....

planeta.jpg

Anyone know where I can get faux fur (long hair) cheap?

GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

Anyone know where I can get faux fur (long hair) cheap?

"Long shag fur"... also called "Fashion Fur" (but then they charge more for it....)

(the fur is about 3" long) will cost about $12 to $15 a yard....

A larger fabric store might have it, but then it's going to be more expensive....

1" open cell foam "Topper pads" (Uppulstry shops...not Fabric stores ) are about $8.00 per 2' x 5' sheet .... but we buy then by the bundle, so they might cost more.... You'd want fairly firm foam, not the rubbery soft stuff (the grey ones are usuly better, but sometimes they are too soft also....)

NOTE: the prices I'm listing are aproxamately what my Boss gets supplies for.... but she's been shopping for materials for a long time..... So they are the lower range of cost..... and that dosen't cover shipping.......

Well I got behind the bed painted... now to give it time to dry befor I can put the mattres back....

Then I have to take down the blinds, and paint behind them....I just have to time it so I can put them back up at night ... 2 reasons.... I get a lot of "walk by traffic" ouside by bedroom ...And it lets too much heat out......

But the copper walls look cool........ B)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Patrick for the faux stained glass Home Depot in the decor dept with the blinds offers a stained glass that is either stick and peel or it goes on the window like tint..but it looks like stained glass and is reasonable. Check it out and definitely post pictures I so want to see this!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png