Non-Pyrate Projects

Patrick Hand

revwar is a helluvalot of fun... if you are ever interested, alot of my guys still do it.

Did the American's have uniforms for the revolution?

Yes, quite a few, mostly based on blue coats with red or white or lt blue (c'mon Sterling, help me out here!) facings. It can get rather complex, actually. In fact, the regiment I was once in, its historical counterpart had captured a British supply ship full of uniforms, and there seems to be some indication that either the IMR or elements thereof was wearing British 10th (?) regiment of foot uniforms for awhile.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks BlackJohn, that does help... I was confused as to when the American army actually developed their own uniforms (pre or post revolution).

Patrick, the goblin mask looks great! Keep up the good work and keep posting the pics as woprk progresses (or as long as your camera cooperates) :D

Michael_banner.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well I'm starting a HUGE Project......

I'm going to be moving into an RV..... I got tired of paying rent, so with the money that I save, I'll be able to fix it up.....

Of course.... it IS going to take a lot of fixing up......

I'm going to leave the outside alone.... that way if I go someplace, everyone will thinks it's just some old people, and not a crazy Pyrate.....

RV-1.jpg

The bedroom needs somework.... think I'll paint the walls dark grey with black trim..... (and of course ditch that stupid bed spread......)

RV-2.jpg

This is a composite photo of the tiny drawers in the bedroom.... I'm going to cut them out, and change then into small bookcases..... for some wierd reason RV'ers must not read......

RV-3.jpg

This part is going to get real interesting..... I'm going to do some chopping, so I can fit my computer in here.......

RV-4.jpg

This is the largest challange of all..... somewhere there is a leak in the roof, that has messed up the masonite cealing, and the funny cealing rug.... I'm tearing that all out, will re-build (and fix the leak) the cealing, add linolium to the floor, and a partician between the front seats..... add a work table and sewing machine, and turn this (6'2" by 7 1/2' ) space into a workroom.......

RV-5.jpg

Oh yah.... and I have untill May 1st to do it..... and burn all the pine neadles , clean, and find storage for all the stuff that wont fit.....

Moving from a house into an RV is sure going to be interesting............. Kinda like a Japaneese puzzle...... or how someone lives on a boat.......

I got part of it gutted tonight...... Tore out the wet carpet, the chaires and table in the front part..... got the bookshelves kinda chunked out... and where the computer is going to go also (chunked out)......going in tomarrow with some paint... well at least for the bed room.... still got to let the (what will be ) work room dry out some more....... then replace the rotted out cealing.......

Think I'll tear off the front air condition unit..... plug the hole in the roof (where the sucker leeked and messed up most of the front of the thing)... and maybe in the future make an interesting skylight there or something........

Dang.... this is getting interesting..........

Oh yah... I'm going with a "Space ship motief"..... a Pyrate ship sounded cool.... but I can't minipulate the space enought for that to work..... so Spaceship kindawins......

I suggest a Millenium Falcon motif for your new home, Master Hand. Blinky lights are COOL! :huh:

I also have a prop-building friend who is doing a version of Jayne's Vera rifle from Firefly. :huh:

I'm up to my eyeballs in Star Wars costuming (X-Wing pilot vests, Endor trooper vests, Jedi outfits, Return of the Jedi Luke and an Empire Strikes Back Lando). But after Memorial Day Weekend I get to do a "scruffy" Norrington outfit for a friend in time for San Diego's Comic-Con.

A group of us want to visit the HMS Rose (from Master and Commander) in PotC and other pirate garb for a photo op. :huh:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

I've finished the bookcase, and painting the bedroom....making it more spaceshippish will have to come later....

Now I have to fix the front floor and cealing.... paint it, and move in a work table and sewing machine.....

The paint I used turned out a little more blueish than I'd expected..... but it does "Lighten-up" the space........

Ya know..... moving into an RV.... heck I can do that......

Moving out so the cook can move in....

I can deal with that...

But the Cook dosn't want to take care of the house cat....

It is not mine... the cat came with the house...... kinda the rules....

My boss (who is "fixing up alla this stuff) dosen't want the cat.....

SO..... I guess I will just have to shoot it....

Big bullet...

BLAM...

He won't know what hit him....

If I call it "the Final Solution",,,,, ain't that what Hitler sayd bout the Jews...

Sorry... comparing a cat to a Human.... is not quite right.... BUT....

This cats is cool...... and this one (a pain that he is) deserves to live.........

I don't wanna shoot the cat....

There is something basicaly really wrong with that,,,,,,,

I'm just typing right now....

I have to move...

can't take the cat with me....

And it's NOT MY cat... he came with the house....

Heck.... my rent is paid untill the 15th... maybe I'll just leave the Cook out if he won't take the cat,,, or hand him the gun.... let him shoot the cat.....

Other than the cat..... I have no problem (well the raccoons will have to learn to deal with it)(Ooooooh.... they are getting use to me... the other night one came up and touched my foot..... kinda a dare thing....... checking out if I would kill it or feed it..... DRAT going to miss the Raccoons......

I'm not doing good as a nasty Pyrate right now.....

But Jeck with it.....

The cat is worth it... (even if he is a pain.....)

AAAArgh... startin' to have some second thoughts about this...........

but too far along to back out..........

Drank a lot.....

Puked....................

gotta learrn how to deal with it..............

One one hand... I think it should be really coool..... fuck the other hand.......

Currently, trying to finish up on a couple Regimentals that I have to ship off by this weekend so the members of the Legion can have by next weekend.

On top of working on a couple finals... which are this week and next week.

And beginning to prep for packing for the trip in 2 weeks .

Most of these projects... well, ok, they are not projects. All my projects I want to do are on hold. Including 3 outfits I thought I would have done by now. Goes to show how busy and unavailable I've been. B)

Oh, and also getting up my personal Website. That hasn't happened yet either. Again, haven't had time to work on that.

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Well... I almost have everything moved out, and figured out where to put it all..... Some stuff is in storrage, the rest in the RV....

Spending the rest of the day, and some of tommarrow doing the final clean-up... (had a minor hastle with exactly what day the dumpster for the pine needles was scheduled to show up.... so it will be here tomarrow...)

One more garbage run.....

I'll be off-line for about a week... untill I can get a phone line hooked up tho......

Well ...I caniballized a micro wave oven and got two 2'' dia magnets, an electric fan, A light bulb and socket with the wiring, and the 6 rpm motor.

The li9ght and the 6 rpm motor ...I plan on using in a jewlry box I still have yet to build.. that is my non-pirate project... Not sure what to use the fan or magnets... I think I'll put a Jack sparrow figurine atop the 6 rpm motor for the jewlry box. ;)

I'm currious ifen any one knows how to capture the POTC music and get it to play when the box is opened.. Just an idea... B):lol:

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

I'm currious ifen any one knows how to capture the POTC music and get it to play when the box is opened.. Just an idea... :huh:   :huh:

Eyes, Hallmark has cards that play POTC music when ye open them. Ye might be able t' cannibalize one o' those cards!

I'm currious ifen any one knows how to capture the POTC music and get it to play when the box is opened.. Just an idea... 

Record your wave on your PC Go to Radio-Shack pick up at 9volt playback. they are about ten bucks and pretty small.

Play the Wav on your PC and put the RadioShack Playback by the speaker and hold down the record button., when the playback is triggered it will play your wav. you can also get a large variety of switches one of which willwork for when you open the lid.

I used this technique building a high end .,TOS tricorder back about 6 or 7 years ago when I was really into Star Trek Props.

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Hey, Harbormaster. I've long wanted to build a little re-recordable thing to be used in haunted houses. When you work a HH, you usually lose your voice within 2-3 days from yelling all the time. I was thinking of something you could hold in your hand and then trigger to play 3 or 4 seconds of recorded sound every time you push a button.

It has to be loud, though. Most of the hand held stuff I've seen isn't loud enough to scare small children. (Loud sounds. Often an important part of scaring people.) I had though about hooking something up to mounted speakers, but that involves having a lot of mounted speakers and wiring and so forth. Any thoughts?

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

For a hauntred house perhaps a small PA with some reverb? an electric bullhorn? hmmm I'd have to see the set up but I know youll figure it out.

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

At long last the bedroom web page in my Art Project House is done. The bedroom itself -which has an Eagle/Art Deco theme going on in it- has been done for quite awhile, but I didn't have the web page assembled. (The things take hours to create with all the photos, editing and whatnot.)

So, for the curious and those who liked the pirate-themed living room, you can follow the link to the Eagle/Art Deco themed bedroom here.

"Am I not?"

So, for the curious and those who liked the pirate-themed living room, you can follow the link to the Eagle/Art Deco themed bedroom

..and from the pictures, I would expect Lauren Bacall or Betty Grable to show up any second. :blink:

Nothing beats retro (of any era). I love living in a time capsule.

SHIP2-1.jpg

So, for the curious and those who liked the pirate-themed living room, you can follow the link to the Eagle/Art Deco themed bedroom

..and from the pictures, I would expect Lauren Bacall or Betty Grable to show up any second. :blink:

Nothing beats retro (of any era). I love living in a time capsule.

I should be so lucky. Lauren Bacall was cool. (As were Veronica Lake and Grace Kelley.) Give me a savvy, smart, independent woman like that to hang around with any time. :blink:

"Am I not?"

• 3 weeks later...