Lucky Penny's Possible New Roommate

A little while back I was informed of the need for someone I know to place a kitty in a new home. At first, I had to say no, for a variety of reasons, the least of which being certain people's necessity to have two black Persians if we had anything at all. Feh.

However, some changes in the winds for the Penny have made it to where I can hopefully open my home to this wee beastie in the not-too-far future. YAY!

From what I understand, said feline is an orange tabby, and has been addressed in the male gender. I need to talk to the person who told me about him before I can get any extra info.

It's been over three years since I've had a kitty, and this little critter comes at a time when the presence of an animal would be extremely theraputic.

Regarding a name: yes, I've thought of a couple. However, so far, the one that has real sticking power at the moment is

drumroll please...

Jones. The name of the cat in Alien. And also short for...heh. Davey Jones.

Does this mean that the litter box can be called "Davey Jones' Locker"? :lol:

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

-the only thing more dangerous than her.. is her needle-

Lucky....back in Ohio I had several kittys....but now in LA me landlord wot let me...arrrrrrgggrrrrr....now all I can have is a Cyberkitt...sigh...well then, I will have the one of me dreamss.....LOL...

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

Hells Bells,

If yer lookin' fer another cat (or two or three). We got probably 15 or 20 of the lil' rodents out here on the farm. The milk barn is full of em'. But we ain't got any mice, rats, moles, or chipmunks. We have a few pidgeons left cuz da cats ain't figured out how ta scale a slate roof...yet.

Thar fun ta when they chace the chickens around.

Yes, yes, Ol' Black Jack also farms too.

:lol: Black Jack

victors%20spoils.jpg

YER ANKLES WILL LOOK LOVELY BEHIND YER EARS LASSIE! HAR! HAR! HAR!

Cats always be welcome on my ship; soft-footed and sneaky just like pirates. B)

I be partial to orange tabby cats as me "oldest child" were a orange and white mix; she lived ter be 18 years old.

When I were pickin' out kittens last year I saws an orange tabby with a bit o'white on her and let me heart rule me mind; I also adopted a black one at the same time as the lady fer the rescue group told me peoples didn't like ter adopt black cats. PISH! As if the color o'the coat has anything ter do with the critter's personality.

By-the-by, the black one be the most affectionate one o' the lot. She also be the sassiest... B)

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

always been partial to black kitties meself....my favorite back in Ohio was a small female black siamese with sparkling blue eyes...she was beautiful...

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

Interestingly enough, my last true kitty is living with my ex roommate's parents in Michigan. Apparently she was destined to be an outdoor cat; she had a lot of bad habits when she was living with me that seemed to eliminate themselves when she was moved there.

When she arrived, there were three other cats in the house. Over the course of time, however, two died, and the third disappeared. For a long time, it was just Meikah by herself, until a couple of adopted "kids" were brought in shortly after I moved to Seattle.

I've been in the company of other people's cats over time, but it's been a long time since it's just been me and another critter. So this will be interesting.

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I am robbing you, tossing you overboard, and stealing your ship!"

On black Persians- I had one and he was a sweetie- Black with vivid green eyes, so we named him Ninja. But be prepared to pay the vet bills that go with a pure breed like a Persian. They have extremely sensitive skin and are prone to rashes and other skin issues, among other health troubles. My vet refers to Persians as "hot house flowers" meaning that they need a lot of special care above and beyond that of a typical cat.

I'm a big advocate of adoption. We have two adopted cockatoos, one adopted cat and two adopted dogs. Only the bunny and one cat were purchased as babies.

One of my students said that adopted pets are the best kind to get because they've all made deals with God, LOL! There are so many animals out there that need someone, if you know of a cat already in need, I'm casting my vote for adopting the orange orphan!

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

I've been in the company of other people's cats over time, but it's been a long time since it's just been me and another critter. So this will be interesting.

Congratulations on bringing a cat into your life again. They are good for the heart (and I don't mean if they be taken internally!!!).

Have one o' me own, an' she's definitely got a piratical attitude! :rolleyes:

On black Persians- I had one and he was a sweetie- Black with vivid green eyes, so we named him Ninja. But be prepared to pay the vet bills that go with a pure breed like a Persian. They have extremely sensitive skin and are prone to rashes and other skin issues, among other health troubles. My vet refers to Persians as "hot house flowers" meaning that they need a lot of special care above and beyond that of a typical cat.

Interestingly enough, until recently it was declared that the only way I'd get cats is if they were not one, but TWO Black Persians. Needless to say, I stared at my former as if he was on crack. I like the idea of a cat that is low-maintenance (or as low as any animal can be), and two "hot house flowers" are the LAST thing on my mind as being low-maintenance.

But yes, Jones appears to be, from all indications, a good candidate as an adoptee. It's a matter of when, however..and I'm shooting for the first week or so of next month...

Arr. Pirate kit-tee!

I have a big black cat that I accidentally ran over with me car when he were a kitten. I brought him in to recover and he never left. He weighs about 15 pounds now. We have about 10 outdoor cats, and a shortage of varmints, like Ole Black Jack, except for the big ole possum that lives inna old garage...the cats are scairt of it, I think. The coons and deer are pretty safe, too.

The Pyromaniac Pirate

Some handy info:

How to give a cat a pill

1 ) Pick cat up and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if holding a baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat's mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. As cat opens mouth pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.

2) Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process.

3) Retrieve cat from bedroom, and throw soggy pill away.

4) Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm holding rear paws tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for a count of ten.

5) Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe. Call spouse from garden.

6) Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, hold front and rear paws. Ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down ruler and rub cat's throat vigorously.

7) Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrap. Make note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered Doulton figures from hearth and set to one side for gluing later.

8) Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with head just visible from below armpit. Put pill in end of drinking straw, force mouth open with pencil and blow down drinking straw.

9) Check label to make sure pill not harmful to humans, drink glass of water to take taste away. Apply band-aid to spouse's forearm and remove blood from carpet with cold water and soap.

10) Retrieve cat from neighbor's shed. Get another pill. Place cat in cupboard and close door onto neck to leave head showing. Force mouth open with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with elastic band.

11) Fetch screwdriver from garage and put door back on hinges. Apply cold compress to cheek and check records for date of last tetanus shot. Throw T-shirt away and get new one from bedroom.

12) Call fire department to retrieve cat from tree across the road. Apologize to neighbor who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid cat. Take last pill from foil-wrap.

13) Tie cat's front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly to leg of dining table, find heavy duty pruning gloves from shed, force cat's mouth open with small spanner. Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of steak. Hold head vertically and pour 1/2 pint of water down throat to wash pill down.

14) Get spouse to drive you to the emergency room, sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and removes pill remnants from right eye. Stop at furniture store on way home to order new table.

15) Arrange for ASPCA to collect cat and call local pet shop to see if they have any hamsters.

Rumors of my death were right on the money.

'Scratches 'ead, ...."HMMMM...Methinks that'd be more to the tune 'o 'Davey Jones Litter Locker, eh???"....

:huh:

Perhaps Cap'n :) But I'd love to be able to tell someone I'm sendin' 'em t' Davey Jones' Locker..and not have them realize until it's too late that they're about to be playin' in some buried treasure...

This suddenly makes me think of an advertisement I saw once..for one of those automatically cleaning litter boxes...that had a cat in a pirate outfit....

Arrr, there be an even funnier (and longer) one called "How to Wrap a Present With the Help of Your Cat".

The fine lassie that made my first Ren outfit had cats and I sent her a copy. She now includes it with all her orders. <_<

I posts a link if I can find it.

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Damn! Yep... Dem Kitties be a rare fine gem gem aboard any old ship...

Good eatin'

:ph34r:

'My own master, on like occasions, would buy a whole pipe of wine and placing it in the street would force everyone that passed him to drink with him, threatening also to pistol them in case they would not do it... and very oftern, with both his hands, he would throw these liquors about the street and wet the clothes of such as walked by, without regarding whether he spoiled their apparel or not, were they men or women.'

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

I got some news today...

Recently, Jones came down with a bit of the sniffles, so he was taken to the vet to be checked out. It appears that some word got around, and to make a long story short, Jones was reunited with his former owner...

I am sad, but I'm happy too..since it's always good for a kitty to be with the person they truly belong to. Doesn't mean I won't sniffle a little in my corner. Hopefully I won't get snot on the dress I'm working on.

This does not mean, however, that Jones does not still exist in the cyberworld...kitty eyepatch and all. In fact, I think he's sharpening his claws on the door of the head as we speak.

UPDATE:

I got some news today...

Recently, Jones came down with a bit of the sniffles, so he was taken to the vet to be checked out. It appears that some word got around, and to make a long story short, Jones was reunited with his former owner...

I am sad, but I'm happy too..since it's always good for a kitty to be with the person they truly belong to. Doesn't mean I won't sniffle a little in my corner. Hopefully I won't get snot on the dress I'm working on.

This does not mean, however, that Jones does not still exist in the cyberworld...kitty eyepatch and all. In fact, I think he's sharpening his claws on the door of the head as we speak.

Good news and bad news. :ph34r: I'm sorry Jones will not get to join your life, but glad his family found him.

Hey...there're lots of scallywag kitties out there, just a-waitin' in shelters to be adopted by a fearless pirate!

Doffs hat and holds it over her heart.

My sympathies for losing de cat, even if its still alive. They make good masters, and then we miss em all...

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

There will be a Jones soon 'nough I'm sure. *chuckle* Just a matter of gettin' somewhere that I can find him an' all.

Probably not all bad that he didn't happen yet, since life at home is still utter mayhem...

(not to mention that working around a lot of easily snaggable fabric may be detrimental to a kitty's health....)